Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Guestbook Entries

Rogue-Scribe

So today I noticed I had a couple character guestbook entries made by other characters as I got the notification on my home screen activity feed. However, when I go th the character's guestbook page the entries don't appear. Is this a bug??
Could it be possible they got deleted? I can't remember if that's possible or not, either manually, or as a result of the character who left them getting deleted (or player retiring their account)?
Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

The character is active, the only way I know a guestbook entry can be deleted is by the guestbook owner. As far as I have found, one can’t even edit their guestbook entries. If there is a way, wish I knew how.
Claine Moderator

I think this is likely a bug. You should submit a bug report with more information, such as screen shots of the notifications in question.
Sanne Moderator

Just in case you haven't yet, try to make sure you empty your cache and aren't looking at a stuck cached version of the guestbook page. Ctrl+F5 on the guestbook page will do a hard refresh. Alternatively, empty your browser cache.

It may also be a notification bug? Try using the "Clear notifications cache" on the bottom right of the sidebar on the Home page and see if the guestbook notifications are still there.

Submitting a bug report is always a good idea, if you have links of the characters that are leaving messages that aren't showing in the guestbook, it can help out a lot in tracking down the issue. Be sure to mention which guestbook it's happening on.
Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

Thanks Sanne and Claine. I'll try that. I've clicked that 'clear cache link before, but it never seems to clear anything.
Kim Site Admin

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Thanks Sanne and Claine. I'll try that. I've clicked that 'clear cache link before, but it never seems to clear anything.

What it clears is the *cache,* so it can go and pull all your notifications completely from scratch again. It does not clear all your notifications away -- if you were left with a blank screen after clicking that link, it would be a serious bug.

You are on: Forums » Help » Guestbook Entries

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus