Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Piano Stuff (+ Sheet Music!)

Alrighty, so... I guess as you could probably guess from the title, I'm a bit of a hobbyist music composer.

As I've been taking piano lessons since December-ish, I've been composing a few piano pieces. Figured I've got enough done that I'm somewhat proud of to share them here (plus the sheet music for any other piano players out there who might want to learn them).

Note that my music notation knowledge has been improving, thus some of the older pieces here might have formatting mistakes that I've learned to correct but haven't had the patience to go back and look for. There are also pieces written on an older version of a software I use where diagonal pedal marking brackets didn't line up properly so I had to use straight ones. An update fixed that though so my latest piece (and maybe later ones if I decide to post other compositions here) has better pedal markings.

All of these pieces will be displayed as dropbox links, though the sheet music itself is bbcode-embedded images from imgur so if you don't trust links to external sites, those at least you can access here.

Soo....

Void-Dancer

This piece was written to be the theme for my alien character Gentle-Heart. It gets a bit difficult near the middle and I most certainly can't play that myself.

Thus, this one has been recorded from midi: LINK

Sheet Music

gPk5uoA.png

Arctic Fox

I wrote this one specifically for something that I could actually perform myself fairly easily. It's not a difficult piece at all and is fairly contemporary.

Here is a link to a recording of a performance of the piece by me (note: it's not perfect. All the notes are correct, I'm just unhappy with the dynamics): LINK

Sheet Music

sHMeknc.png

Outcast Soul

A new piece I wrote for my new character Eltrinander. I wrote is as something I could probably learn in the not-too-distant future, but it wasn't really something simple enough for me to learn to play fluently whilst composing it. It's not horrendously difficult. I'd class it as lower-level intermediate.

Here's a link to a midi recording: LINK

Sheet Music

p0tEDdT.png
Riik Topic Starter

Got a new composition done!

Forest's Blessing

Slapped together as an experiment to mess around with F# minor, I composed it basically within a single evening. Figured it'd make a good theme for my wood elf Ixon. Haven't got the fingering down for this one.

I've now got a Musescore account, so everything's HERE including sheet music and midi demo.

As a bonus, figured I'd include a link to something with vocals. Now be warned, I speak rarely enough, let alone sing so to say I don't get much practice is an understatement. Also, it was recorded in my bedroom, though my DAW did a fairly decent job all things considered. The noise removal left some clicks in though.

Starlight

Character theme for Tetsuji. It's a soft mostly piano piece. There's no sheet music for this one, though I can prepare the lyrics:

Lyrics
I see a world out there
Shining down upon me
A world of possibilities
Burning down through blackened skies

And I wonder to myself at night
Is there more to life than sitting tight
And dreaming of a destiny
I haven't seen one come to me

Oh
Starlight show
Me the way
To go

Oh
Moonlight know
My wishes are entrusted now to you

I know there's nothing left to hide
From the demons deep inside
And when they come to take from me
Take my possibilities

The power swelling up in me
I feel it growing day by day
A secret bottled up within

Oh
Starlight show
Me the way
To go

Oh
Moonlight know

And what am I truly to do
I don't know what I am or what I'm for

Oh
Starlight show
Me the way
To go

Oh
Moonlight know

Recording is here
Great job with all of it my friend! Nice sheet music. I love some of the sound you've come up with especially in the artic fox one and the outcast soul. I've played piano most of my life but a bit less recently. I'll probably end up tinkering with the music you've shared to play it for myself ;)
Riik Topic Starter

BreezyDawn wrote:
Great job with all of it my friend! Nice sheet music. I love some of the sound you've come up with especially in the artic fox one and the outcast soul. I've played piano most of my life but a bit less recently. I'll probably end up tinkering with the music you've shared to play it for myself ;)

Thanks. :)

I've grown up with keyboards, and I think I composed my first melody when I was like 7 (I'm no Mozart though XD). But I was entirely self-taught (barring occasional keyboard lessons during my GCSE years because I took music as a subject) until I started taking piano lessons late 2018.

The biggest step from keyboard to piano is multi-tasking with hands, as most of the keyboard I've done, the left hand plays mostly triad chords and has to be kept ready for messing around with buttons and dials for effects and backing music.
Yeah I haven't done much with a keyboard, just a Piano, and playing a grand is like... Eating candy. O.o it's amazing really.
Riik Topic Starter

So I decided to mess around with some trance-esque styling, but for a piano/ocarina duet.

And as a result, I came up with...

Wholesome Mischief

Musescore's ocarina voice suuuucks... but then as it turns out, Cubase's isn't particularly great either, so eh. I'll just post the musescore link up. Here it is!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Piano Stuff (+ Sheet Music!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus