Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Always/Never widget?

I tried adding the Always/Never Chart widget to one of my character pages because it sounded useful, but I have no idea what to do with it. Can someone explain how to use it?
Handy dandy Help Page!

If you're still unclear, feel free to ask further, especially since some use it for things like what you should expect from their character instead of listing out their preferences, and there are probably other variations. ^^
Ciriun Topic Starter

I'm still a little lost. Do I just add anything that I would never or always do in a roleplay?
That's up to you! Many people do use it that way, highlighting things they really want to encourage or require (Always) or things they absolutely want to avoid (Never). It's aimed more at communicating your expectations, I think, but some use it to tell others "this is what you can expect from me/this character."

A lot of the options we have for things aren't always used as intended, or are simply flexible.
Sanne Moderator

Would an example help? :)

My character Milena has the always/never widget filled out. It describes what I want in roleplays with her, specifically. It's different per character based on what I feel makes sense for them, or what I do or just don't want to RP for whatever reason.
Ciriun Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:

My character Milena has the always/never widget filled out. It describes what I want in roleplays with her, specifically. It's different per character based on what I feel makes sense for them, or what I do or just don't want to RP for whatever reason.

How did you get the boxes to go in a row instead of a column?
Sanne Moderator

Ciriun wrote:
Sanne wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean? The template adapts the always/never widget to fit smaller screens by turning it into a single column, but on a wider screen it's presented as 4 columns side by side. Screenshots could be helpful here!
Ciriun Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Ciriun wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean? The template adapts the always/never widget to fit smaller screens by turning it into a single column, but on a wider screen it's presented as 4 columns side by side. Screenshots could be helpful here!
You're right! I'm on a tablet and hadn't realized that it switches based on which way I'm holding it. Thank you for clearing that up as well, I think I've got it figured out now.

You are on: Forums » Help » Always/Never widget?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus