Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Favorite part of RP?

Mipps

Out of curiosity,

What is your favorite thing about some of the role-play campaigns you've been in? If you have more then one, that is fine, share them all!

I know my favorite parts of my campaigns are the witty and sassy interactions between characters. where they can just go back and forth with insults or commentary and still be friends (or lovers) in the end. those interactions just feel so natural, sometimes they are downright hilarious even in the most serious moments.

Oddly, I love the OOC comments I get back when my partner is snort-laughing over something that happened in a post. I cant help but enjoy those little moments. The fact that anyone admits that they snort-laughs in itself, pure joy. xD
I'd have to say that character development is in my top things in rp. when I first started mýkah, she was just quiet and always say in the corner silently hating everything. now(idek how many years later) she sits silently in a corner keeping the sad people company and still hating everything lmao.

I also like the comments about things ic

I also love when you've had hundreds of posts/sessions in an adventure and then someone dies. it's sad but it's the good sad.

when you have one of those characters that is really messed up but acts strong, and they give up everything for others. and when they finally get something in return. it's the sweetest thing.

when you've been trying to start a plot up for ages and it finally works out.

I have many more but those are some of my favorites
Mipps wrote:
Out of curiosity,

What is your favorite thing about some of the role-play campaigns you've been in? If you have more then one, that is fine, share them all!

I know my favorite parts of my campaigns are the witty and sassy interactions between characters. where they can just go back and forth with insults or commentary and still be friends (or lovers) in the end. those interactions just feel so natural, sometimes they are downright hilarious even in the most serious moments.

Oddly, I love the OOC comments I get back when my partner is snort-laughing over something that happened in a post. I cant help but enjoy those little moments. The fact that anyone admits that they snort-laughs in itself, pure joy. xD

I know what you mean and I like those moments too!

I tend to like the high emotion moments -- engagements, weddings, births, dealths, pivitol decisions.

My favorite moments lately, though, are those when one character takes a risk and confesses something that they think might get them rejected, allowing my character to (likely) accept them anyway. It's that moment of nervousness and confession (whether it's a confession of feelings, or of a skeleton in their closet, or of an orientation, or a past experience, or whatever) with all the awkward mannerisms like blushing and fidgeting that a I find most adorable lately.
Wanderlyst wrote:
I'd have to say that character development is in my top things in rp. when I first started mýkah, she was just quiet and always say in the corner silently hating everything. now(idek how many years later) she sits silently in a corner keeping the sad people company and still hating everything lmao.

I also like the comments about things ic

I also love when you've had hundreds of posts/sessions in an adventure and then someone dies. it's sad but it's the good sad.

when you have one of those characters that is really messed up but acts strong, and they give up everything for others. and when they finally get something in return. it's the sweetest thing.

when you've been trying to start a plot up for ages and it finally works out.

I have many more but those are some of my favorites

Aw. I like this stuff too.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Conspiring with my roleplay partner on which characters should roleplay with each other other. Coming up a juicy fun plot. Then start the roleplay and see what happens.
Mipps Topic Starter

Oh the starts of RPs are always really fun an exciting!
I do love me some pivotal moments as well. I practice staying loose in RPs to let the stories go where they may.. so a confession? oh boy.. i have had some backfire LOL but the adventure afterwords that changed is sometimes worth it
PenguinColada

My favorite part is the way a relationship between my toon and my partner's toon develop, whether that be friendship, romance, etc. I also love when a character develops in a way you never meant. It's surprising.
My favorite parts depend a lot on the medium of the Role Play. Different types, imho, lend themselves to highlighting different parts of the story.

Play-by-post:
The moment when something changes the relationship between two characters in a way that tugs at my heartstrings. Maybe it's enemies that suddenly develop a little respect for each other. Maybe it's a friendship betrayed in some irrevocable way where both the betrayed and the betrayer are saddened over the loss.

Table-top:
I love the puzzles. And that feeling of triumph when the group works well together to overcome an obstacle in some way other than combat.

Live Action:
That exciting feeling when, if even for the briefest moments, if feels real, maybe even freakin' scary. Like we're actually doing this!

Strangely enough, the moment that stands out in mind as feeling the most real, came from a crazy, over the top, GI Joe airsoft game. LOL

We rented a warehouse, which, in the story, was inside of a giant robot that had to be shut down from the inside, and we had enough fog machines rolling to really smoke the whole lower level with "toxic gas" to the point where there was maybe 5 feet of visibility. (From being damaged by "bombs" before the PCs were sent in.)

A friend of ours had a bunch of old gas masks which really inspired the whole thing. The place had speakers, so we had loud 'machine' noises constantly rolling.

I was mostly organizing the game, but played a Cobra for a short while. Seeing multiple 'Joes' come rushing out of the smoke, wearing gas masks, and yelling in panic (And muffled because of the gas masks) was a moment I'll never forget. I probably got hit with about 50 BBs in the very next second, but it was still awesome. Everyone was 'on edge' that whole day.

Dang... now I'm missing airsoft LARP.
Mipps Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
My favorite parts depend a lot on the medium of the Role Play. Different types, imho, lend themselves to highlighting different parts of the story.

Play-by-post:
The moment when something changes the relationship between two characters in a way that tugs at my heartstrings. Maybe it's enemies that suddenly develop a little respect for each other. Maybe it's a friendship betrayed in some irrevocable way where both the betrayed and the betrayer are saddened over the loss.

Table-top:
I love the puzzles. And that feeling of triumph when the group works well together to overcome an obstacle in some way other than combat.

Live Action:
That exciting feeling when, if even for the briefest moments, if feels real, maybe even freakin' scary. Like we're actually doing this!

Strangely enough, the moment that stands out in mind as feeling the most real, came from a crazy, over the top, GI Joe airsoft game. LOL

We rented a warehouse, which, in the story, was inside of a giant robot that had to be shut down from the inside, and we had enough fog machines rolling to really smoke the whole lower level with "toxic gas" to the point where there was maybe 5 feet of visibility. (From being damaged by "bombs" before the PCs were sent in.)

A friend of ours had a bunch of old gas masks which really inspired the whole thing. The place had speakers, so we had loud 'machine' noises constantly rolling.

I was mostly organizing the game, but played a Cobra for a short while. Seeing multiple 'Joes' come rushing out of the smoke, wearing gas masks, and yelling in panic (And muffled because of the gas masks) was a moment I'll never forget. I probably got hit with about 50 BBs in the very next second, but it was still awesome. Everyone was 'on edge' that whole day.

Dang... now I'm missing airsoft LARP.

Oh wow, I didnt even consider live action RP xD I really should have because my brother and his friends make weapons out of PBC pip, padding and duct tape and then would go to the park to reenact their D&D games live. It was the funniest thing to watch but they had such a blast.
My favorite things are the detail and the character interactions/growing relationships.

As for detail, I love to be able to see the scene in front of me. I love knowing the the light or flickering low, that the breeze is cool, that there was a sense of someone watching them..

But I love the conversations. The depth into each others minds, getting to know each other and having real conversations, not just rushing from one chain of events to the next.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Favorite part of RP?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus