Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Initiation (1x1, closed)

Annarose (played by frick)

((ooc; You should put "Private 1x1, Move Along" or something in the title so people don't waste a click? Just a suggestion :3

Here's my Annarose! She prefers Annie. I'll reply sometime today but I wanted to give you a chance to see the character~ Btw, if you want a visual, imagine a young Anne Hathaway, but not a beautiful celebrity and instead a normal unattractive person.

<3))
Jess (played by Abigail_Austin) Topic Starter

((
Quote:
I just don't run into...any young people who would talk like Jess feels she needs to talk in order to accomodate Annie. That is, confidentially, and with some gravity: that's a gay :o

I see where you're coming from, but it didn't occur to me that it might come off as if Jess is speaking in hushed tones because she's saying he's gay. In my head, she's only speaking confidentially that way because she's gossiping about a customer's personal life with another employee. She doesn't want the customer to hear that they're talking about him. She's talking about his car and singleness in the same hushed tone, just because she's gossiping. The gravity -- maybe so, maybe a 20 year old wouldn't think it even noteworthy enough to mention that's he's gay -- maybe that's my (the author's) age skewing her behavior, but I would argue that it might be the setting! It's a legitimate concern wondering how much to reveal to someone you don't know in an area where a large number of people lean socially consevative. But Jess won't be as cautious once she knows Annie's disposition towards it. Also...the voice of a narrator isn't against any roleplay rules I know! I see it in PMs a lot! I like the response. I'll answer soon.))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Initiation (1x1, closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus