Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Forum Polls

I mostly ask this out of curiosity than an "omg we need this" development point: why do we not have forum polls?

... what? No, I'm too tired to argue a reason that we NEED them-- they're neat, but obviously not necessary for us and more of just a "staple" for forums... but really, I'm just curious, why do we not have them?
Kim Site Admin

Because everything on the RPR is made 100% from scratch. So if we are to have forum polls, it means I will have to spend several days programming them. Any time I program one thing, it means I'm not spending time programming another, and we are a small site undergoing constant and rapid expansion, so there are a whole lot of places where my attention is needed.

Thus far, when I say to myself "What it the most important thing for me to program right now?" or "What do I most want to program right now?", forum polls just haven't gotten anywhere near to the top of the list. I'd much rather put the time into expanding groups, or printable character sheets, or other things more directly related to the core mission of the site: RP. :)

They are fun and there are certainly instances in which they could be useful. The question is just more fun or more useful than other things already higher on the list. :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Groups or polls? Tough decision.

Not really.

It's interesting to be able to start a thread with a question and see what kind of discussion spawns from it, rather than just have a poll and count the votes.
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Oooh okay the usual answers (that are awesome and important as always and satisfy my curiosity)

But Lauren, why didn't you just figure it out yourself, you lazy bum?

I like hearing from the experts, yo.

forum polls or groups, my choice is obvious.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Forum Polls

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus