Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Beyond Repair

Lee Heun (played by Sorrow_Knight)

Lee fixed the gas mask resting on his head. He loosly held his plasma rifle in his hands. He walked down the city streets searching for any remainig survivors, or just resources. He continued strolling down the road until their came a split in it, he looked both ways for a camp or non-destroyed buildings but came to no avail, he shrugged and continued on down the road.

Years ago there was a great war between the different countries which turned to a nuclear war. Bombs were dropped and states and provinces were demolished. From the radiation came new breeds of animals, animals more deadly than every imagined. Bears grew spikes and shedded their fur. Racoon's teeth grew and their fur became more mangled. Birds' winged grew razor spikes and became larger in size. But animals weren't the only things mutated. People exposed to the deathly radiation became crazy, the radiatian ate at their brain and nerve cord. They are almost zombies, just smarter, and they can talk.

After a large chunk of the population was mutated most of civilization was crumbling. Only a few cities remained intact and had a central government. Most people that weren't mutated turned into bandits and trapped radiation in a syringe and injected it in themselves to help with strength and agility. They were called, addictors. People whom became addicted to the affects of the radiation and usually lost themselves to it.

But for those people who were addictors, that is when Lee comes in. He is a Radiation Respector. He closes off areas of radiation by setting barriers of air, it allowed no flow of air to enter that area spreading it around, his job also including hunting down and eliminating addictors. His suit allowed him to be immune to the radiation. His helmet also helps him breathe without the radiation and smoky air get to his lungs, and air filter built into it helps. But to current damages his helmet is not included in his suit for it being in repair.

Lee took his hand and placed it on his ear to where his COM lay and pressed the button until it beaped to life. The other line was silenced for a few moments then it spoke. "Yes Project X 13228?" Lee took his hand back to his rifle when he heard the voice. "Yes this is Project X 13228, I am reporting no sign of life in the perimeter of this cooridnates." A hologram keyboard popped up infront of him and he typed in a combonation of letters and numbers and pressed send. The voice on the other end hmm'ed a few times then responded. "Okay, we will send a few air barriers your way, it should reach you with-in a few hours." Lee nodded then turned off his COM and continued to search the area just for the heck of it.

Lee walked into what seemed to be a general store and looked about. He grabbed a few bottles of medicine and some food and went to the back room and opened the door. He reached for his flashlight on his shoulder. It illuminated most of the room. Dust and storage boxes littered the room. Commotion behind a large pile of boxes alerted Lee and he spun around his rifle shoulder height, he aimed down the sights at the pile the sound came from. He turned on his COM once again and spoke into it in a hushed tone. "I may be wrong, there may be life here." He waited for a response as his index finger rested on the trigger. "Come out who, or, what, ever you are! And I suggest you make the right choice when doing so."
Kyle (played anonymously)

(If ye don't mind, I'd like to get in on this ;3)

Kyle froze, the breath catching in his throat. He had seen this guy, and boy, was he scary. He took a deep breath, coming to grips with the fact that he was probably gonna die right here and now, and poked his head around the box. His odd blue and green eyes were wide and frightened as he slowly edged himself out from behind the pile of boxes, keeping his hands still with some difficulty in an attempt to show he wasn't a threat.
The kid was in pretty bad shape; it was obvious he had been skinny before, but now he looked like he was essentially starving. He had a couple of nicks and bruises from previous scuffles and his thin shoulders were curled forward in a defensive posture.
He glanced over at the boxes he had come from, wondering for a moment if he should try to hide behind them again. Yeah, Kyle, like cardboard boxes will protect you from high-powered plasma beams. Nice try.
Lee Heun (played by Sorrow_Knight) Topic Starter

Lee sighed when he saw the boy emerge from behind the big pile of boxes. He lowered his weapon, but still kept his finger in the trigger. With one of his hand he tossed a wrapped up sandwich at the boy. "Eat up, you look fairly hungry." He reached for the high-tech backpack that rested on his back and pulled out a gas mask and tossed to the boy. "Put that on, we are going to the front area, you need more food, and some clothes. He looked at the tattered clothes the boy wore and shivered. He approached him slowly and carefully. "Have you seen any, addictors?"

He had flinched away when Lee had started tossing stuff at him, but his shoulders relaxed slightly in relief when he saw they weren't grenades. He bit into the sandwich hungrily, pressing himself against the wall when the guy started to approach him.
"Addictors? N-no, I don't think so," he replied quietly after swallowing, watching Lee cautiously. He was ready to run if he had to, although this guy could probably gun him down easy if he wanted. His shoulders hunched some more at that thought and he lowered his gaze, curling into a tighter ball.

Lee nodded and acknowledged the state this boy was in, he be in some sort of shock. "You new to put that gas mask on if you know what is good for you." He walked toward the boy and put a hand on his shoulder, of course it wasn't that comforting considering the hand had a black metal glove over it with plasma cords running through it so he can make a knife or a shield of some sort. "Walk with me to the front room of the store, we can find you more food there." Even when the boy hesitated, Lee gave him a slight push to get him going. Of course his strength kinda made the boy fly forward, but hey, it isn't like he meant to. There was some more commotion in the back of the storage room. Lee quickly reacted by aiming down the sights if the rifle toward the direction of the sound. "Go."

Kyle slipped the mask on- better not aggravate this guy, even though he wasn't entirely sure why he needed it. He froze when he put his hand on his shoulder, not used to contact by now, but he quickly loosened up again when he heard the sound.
"C'mon, this way," he murmured, peering out the door before slipping out, as silent as a shadow.

Lee ignored the boy a wanting him to go through the door and silently crept through the storage room. A few boxes fell to the ground and Lee opened fire. Small holes where the plasma gun shot melted the wall and the boxes. Lee heard footsteps behind him and spun around. A addictor, tackled him to the ground and wrenched his gun away from him and growled. Lee reacted by bringing his right knee into the addictor's gut then shoved it off of himself. The addictor growled and charged after Lee. Lee used his plasma ability to create a shield and bashed the foe's head in. The addictor fell to the ground unconscious. Lee whipped out a plasma pistol and sent a bullet through the foe's head. "Strike three, batter out." Lee walked over to his rifle which lay on the ground and scooped it up, he then opened the doors and met the boy outside. "That, is a addictor. If you see one, just run like hell, if they can outrun you, out smart then, addictors are idiots, they know nothing, got it?"

"Got it," Kyle agreed, wrinkling his nose at the sight of the thing. "Good thing I'm both fast and smart. Why'd you think I survived this long? Although I will admit, that coyote almost got me last week, and I thought I had had it today. Still, I've lived longer than most people I know. The only problem is that I talk too much. You think I talk too much? That's what most people say."
Kyran (played anonymously)

(Hope you don't mind me jumping on in. I thought you could use another person. ^_^)

Wearing her white cloak and her brown canvas jacket, Kyran was shuffling through stuff in Walmart next to the general goods store. She was wearing her armor, though it's design was less sophisticated than Lee's, it still protected her from harm and the radiation. About to leave she was forced into conflict by five addictors. She grabbed her spear and spun it around her creating a protective barrier that they couldn't cross into. She hit one in the face with the butt of it and another she stabbed with the blade. Pulling her blaster, she shot two of them in the face. The last one she kicked through the doors sending him sprawling to the ground. Then, walking up to him, she stepped on his groin and shot him in the face. "Bastards." Kyran muttered under her breath.

"This is Command, Captain have you located Project X 13228 yet?" Her headset started up, "Negative Command, I haven't found anything other than addictors yet. I'll call in if I find anything of importance." She turned around as she spoke to navigate her perimeter, and spotted a child with an enforcer. "Feeze! Show me your hands, both of you!" She yelled out raising her pistol aimed at the one with the rifle.

Startled, Kyle jumped back with a yelp, his brain having a spazzy moment where it was unable to think and he went off gut instinct. His gut instinct at that point was to run and hide behind Lee- he seemed perfectly capable, after all.
Smooth, Kyle. Smooth.

Kyran retracted her spear and put it away. "What part of freeze don't you understand?" She asked as she stepped towards them but still keeping her distance. "The next move will be your last. Now tell me who you are and what you're doing here."

"I should be asking you the same thing, I am a Radiation Respector, Project X, 13228. Who are you." His plasma rifle was still raised at shoulder height, the sights aimed on the girl's head. "I was just completing a yuck scan of the area and waiting for, cargo, to come through." He lowered his gun a bit, it's sights still fixed on her. "Judging by your armor you are in the same corp but different division? The scout division I presume?" He gestured to her uniform and choice of weaponry. "I mean your whole get-up shouts scout. Dual blaster pistols, a plasma spear."

"My gear is a lot older than that I'm afraid. I haven't been in the field for a few years. Lower your gun soldier, Command needs you to report in." She holstered her blaster. "I'm Captain Kyran. The higher ups sent me in to get you. Your replacement for this area should be here soon, but you're coming with me." She looked down at the kid cowering behind him. "The kid, is there anything wrong with him, is he infected in any way?"

Kyle glanced back and forth between the two; they might as well be speaking gibberish for all he understood. He sort of fidgeted there on the spot, trying to release some nervous energy; it was extremely difficult for him to stay still. He cringed slightly when she mentioned him being infected; he didn't think he was, and he figured that it would be bad for his health if he ended up being wrong.

"Replacment? What are you talking about, why do they need me back at command, and no, this kid isn't infected, just really shy and hungry." Lee relaxed his muscles and lowered his rifle and used his right hand to press the button on his COM. It beeped to life and the second it stopped Lee spoke. "This is Project X 13228, I need to ask I-" He was cut off by the voice in the other end. "Project X 13228, Command needs you urgently." The COM then turned off. Lee turned to the girl. "Speak."

Kyle nodded fervently when Lee said he wasn't infected- he thought so.
Lee was intimidating, but he kinda liked him. Well, he'd like just about anybody who gave him food at this point, but that didn't matter. He liked Lee. All he had to do was remember not to make him mad.
He'd probably forget eventually. His memory wasn't the best about these things. Even if he didn't Kyle made everybody mad at some point in his life.

"Walk with me, I'll brief you in the chopper as to what's happening, you'll get your orders at base." She started walking back to the chopper, and looked back. "The kid too, I don't know if things have changed, but a few years ago we didn't leave healthy people to die. Now come on, we don't have time to waste."

Lee sighed and walked to the chopper and gestures for the kid to one along. He wondered what made this kid so frail and helpless, and how he got so many scrapes and bruises? A brawl with a kid addictor? Lee shook his head. No time to think about that, I will get my answers on the chopper, hopefully. Lee jogged up the boarding platform to the chopper and tore off his gas mask and breathed in a large amount of air. "I have been stuck down at the place for 4 years without any fresh air. Can you believe that?" Lee turned to the girl.

Kyle followed obediently, doing the same and taking off his own mask, shaking his head slightly to get the weird feel off.
"I don't know how you can wear that thing for so long," he commented with a grimace.

"Tell me about it. I was in that situation for seven years tight after all of this started. That's why I'm now a Captain. Anyway..." She removed her mask and looked at him. "You're a lot younger than when I started. I was sixteen when I went into the field. But, let's get down to business shall we?" She cleared her throat and took her hood off. "There have been rumors that the addictors aren't just getting stronger anymore. Their mutations are making them larger, about the size of three story building. She pulled the data pad from under her seat and typed in her password. "Take a look." She handed the pad to him and continued to explain their dilemma. "We need you because you have the most advanced armor and weapons, hence the prototype. They are sending us in because we are the best in the area, others will be there to meet up with us." She turned to Kyle, "What's you're name, and how old are you?" Kyran asked him gently.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A World Beyond Repair

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus