Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » (OPEN!)Looking for characters for novel-like story

nightmqre Topic Starter

Getting onto updating now, and I've figured out a small system which should allow me to stay organised.

This thread will remain "Open" until the first draft of the chapter is complete; after that it will be marked as "closed". While closed, people can submit characters if they please to, but this characters will not be added to the group UNTIL the chapter is linked publicly to be read. After the chapter is publicly available, the thread will be marked as "open" again where characters will be added, and then the cycle repeats.
Tink: a small girl who wears a wolf mask. She’s a demon and a wolf, making her one of the perfect candidates for fighting. She’s got a passion for night fights.

Although she’s so rough she had a softer side that’s shown around close friends and family, where she’s a giggly and happy bouncing crazy person. She loved hanging out with her friends and family.
nightmqre Topic Starter

PossitivelyNoOne wrote:
Tink: a small girl who wears a wolf mask. She’s a demon and a wolf, making her one of the perfect candidates for fighting. She’s got a passion for night fights.

Although she’s so rough she had a softer side that’s shown around close friends and family, where she’s a giggly and happy bouncing crazy person. She loved hanging out with her friends and family.

I think you may have misunderstood? Your username isn't Tink, therefore this character doesn't qualify.
nightmqre Topic Starter

With 14 users now, I'm super excited! Anyone who wants to participate still; I can estimate that this will be able to stay open for a few more days before the first draft will be complete. As said, once all drafts are complete this will open back up. But if you want to be a part of the original bunch, then I suggest you get in while you can!
Crystal Uhtfloga : A dragon who can take human form (her last name means twilight-flier dragon btw so it’ll correspond with my username)
Powers; Minor shapeshifting (can turn from human to dragon) and crystal magic (more like an elemental magic)

Crystal is a normally quiet young dragon who loves to spend her time drawing, writing, exploring, and playing with her magic. Her jewel like black scales compliment her name, while the undersides of her wings look like a galaxy/starry night with arrays of silver specks and blues.

She had a fairly normal life until humans started to hunt her family, driving her from her home and into seclusion. While in a more anti-social lifestyle, she found her peace within the wilds of the lands around her. It was many years before she was reintroduced back into a society, but when she was it was hard to adjust. Sometimes Crystal still has trouble with it or with just technology in general.

This is just a quick summary but I wanted to try and join if you’ll have me! I can write out a more complete backstory and whatever else I need if you want me to :)
Do you have enough info on mine? Or do you need more? I just found it bcs I was searching for it in the wrong forrum. TT^TT
nightmqre Topic Starter

JSilentpanic1104 wrote:
Do you have enough info on mine? Or do you need more? I just found it bcs I was searching for it in the wrong forrum. TT^TT

If you want to provide more information, that would be great! Or I could continue to develop one from the concept :)
StaticNightmares wrote:
JSilentpanic1104 wrote:

If you want to provide more information, that would be great! Or I could continue to develop one from the concept :)

Sorry for taking so long to answer! I thought I'd asked you in pms, TT^TT) I did want to say something more, but I think I forgot for now, so I'll try to say when I remember. Oh! I think I rememeber now, I think That Jay, Or Jace (My own personal little mini name I came up with for them or him) I think would Be them or a he, going in between and often preffering more masculine clothes, but kind like a vicktorian-ish style. Ya know, Fluff, coat, gloves, a little cane, dress closthes and casual stuff at times. Preffering to stay behind a mask, But under the mask would be a purple/gold/changing eyecoloured male, sharp and teenage-like features, a pointed up nose, thin needle like pupils and thin lips. Semi-long/short black hair, thick curls of it working as bangs and everything else, mostly covering they're eyes, gold highlights being in their hair. The have Pale skin, as if maybe half dead or as if in a panic all the time, voice sultry, but when they get angry it cracks and breaks.

(What do you think?)
Somthing also tells me he'd be REALLY indecisive, jumping from option to option and pacing a lot, moving their hands around, talking out loud, humming ominous tunes, and appearing cheerfull to everyone, contrasting to what his ability is like.

I'm not good at coming up with powers sadly.
BAHAHA. I'm joining this purely because a character based off of my username is a really funny concept. Hopefully this is detailed enough? Please do let me know if you need more, I'll be mulling her over a bit more in the coming days.

My very first thought was a cat. A completely normal-looking black housecat with green eyes named Noodle. Except she's a chef cat. Like, she runs a restaurant. Loves cooking, especially loves pasta.

Powers:

Telepathy- can 'speak' to people in their minds.

Maw- think the Flerken from Captain Marvel. Her mouth can expand/unhinge and three barbed tentacle like tongues erupt from her mouth so she can eat/attack things wayyyy bigger than her.

Deception- She's an average sized cat and very cute, wears a red bandanna around her neck. This adorable image is precisely what allows people to underestimate her.

Personality: Sweet, caring, loves making food for sad people and always trying to help those in need. Overprotective of those she cares about.
nightmqre Topic Starter

As people can probably tell now, this project is slowing down. I'll continue working on it, however I have more important projects and things to do, so it'll be something I do in my spare time...which is sparce.
psionicburst

I've thought quite a bit on my personal username character and I believe that I've got something worthwhile if you're still doing this project. Also, my character is actually more of an anti-hero, in retrospect...

PSIONICBURST
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Ability: Myrkri Orku (Dark Energies)
Description: PsionicBurst's abilities are the total manipulation of strange energies that are harnessed from the universe's natural background energy; if enough power is stored, PsionicBurst can unleash a devastating explosion, leaving PsionicBurst weakened for a while; self damage is inflicted proportionally from the burst's force. The secondary ability is becoming invisible. In this state, no other powers can be used, and if an entity makes contact with PsionicBurst while in this state, the invisibility is deactivated automatically.

Demeanors: Quiet and unassuming, but confident and assertive when the situation calls for it. Prone to sudden bouts of "The Mania", a state of mind in which inflicts PsionicBurst with fleeting rage. When meeting others for the first time, PsionicBurst will not attempt to talk casually with them, instead opting to hear them talk instead. Not afraid to share his disdain for authority openly around people of status, but ironically, wants to become someone of authority. Performs well with other chaotic neutrals. Despises Chaotic Evil.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » (OPEN!)Looking for characters for novel-like story

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus