Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Error Message

The Dutchess (played by Pineapple)

Hey, so I tried to upload a picture to my gallery, and I received an error message that states: "Sorry, some unfortunate error has occured, and we weren't able to upload your gallery image. This may be worth sending a bug report about." I am using my mobile, could this be the issue? I don't want to send in a useless bug report so I thought I would check here first.
Sanne Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with this! Must be frustrating. :( Can you give us some more information so we can track down the problem?

What mobile device are you using? iPhone, Android, Blackberry, iPad, Galaxy Tab etc.

What browser do you use? The standard one on the device or did you download a different one? (Think of Opera, Dolphin Browser etc.)

Is the picture you're trying to upload larger than 500KB? Images can't exceed this filesize and are rejected by default.

Do you have this issue when you upload player or character icons as well?
The Dutchess (played by Pineapple) Topic Starter

Sorry for the delay. I'm using an Android, and I usually use chrome but I couldn't upload photos or avatar icons either. I used opera and was able upload my avatar icon, but not gallery images.

I just double checked the size of my image, and its under 30 kb
Sanne Moderator

I use Opera myself and have never encountered this error message, so I'm not sure what's going on here!

Can you please try to upload this image into another character's gallery to see if it's character specific?

If you're having the same issue on multiple characters, can you verify that your internet connection is stable and doesn't cut off in the middle of the upload? (You might want to try between Wifi and Mobile carrier connections to see if it makes a difference, where possible)

There's also a bit more of a technical question here. If you're not sure how to answer, just let me know you don't know.

Do you have an external microSD card in your phone?

If so, do you know if your picture is stored on the external SD card or the internal SD? Can you try to moving it from one to the other, and then upload it again?

Okay so I tried to upload it from another chracter, no go. I also tried other browsers again (chrome, opera mini, and opera, also tried the default one). The picture is stored on my SD card, the only thing I haven't tried is switching from mobile to WiFi, ill have to try wi fi later when I'm somewhere than has it.
Sanne Moderator

The Dutchess wrote:
Okay so I tried to upload it from another chracter, no go. I also tried other browsers again (chrome, opera mini, and opera, also tried the default one). The picture is stored on my SD card, the only thing I haven't tried is switching from mobile to WiFi, ill have to try wi fi later when I'm somewhere than has it.

External or internal SD? Most phones have a built-in card you can't remove, the internal, and the ability to carry an extra SD card that you can take out, the external. Sometimes when you have data on an external SD card, the card doesn't work right and prevents the stuff on it from being copied properly when sent/uploaded, which is why moving it to the internal might help.

Please do try uploading via Wifi. :) Hope we can get this fixed soon!
Kim Site Admin

This is one of those very puzzling errors. About 95% of the time that it's reported, it's been someone using Chrome on their desktop computer with an extra Chrome plugin that interfered with java script. This is one of the first occurrences I've heard of in a long time that wasn't browser specific. I know next to nothing about the ways in which phones upload content, so there's only so much I can do to help in this instance. =/

In the somewhat distant future I plan to switch to a new upload system to see if it cuts down on the number of bad interactions like this, but that doesn't help you immediately. Many apologies for the inconvenience!

Sanne, thank you for using your superior mobile-fu to try and help out here!

Sanne wrote:

External or internal SD? Most phones have a built-in card you can't remove, the internal, and the ability to carry an extra SD card that you can take out, the external. Sometimes when you have data on an external SD card, the card doesn't work right and prevents the stuff on it from being copied properly when sent/uploaded, which is why moving it to the internal might help.

Please do try uploading via Wifi. :) Hope we can get this fixed soon!

Oh -.- sorry, its internal. And I should be able to try using WiFi tomorrow. And thank you for your help Sanne.

:3 its not a huge deal, I just had never really seen that error message before. And wasn't really sure if a bug report had to be made.

You are on: Forums » Help » Error Message

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus