Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Glory of Rome (Political Scheming/Mi (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Just a disclaimer: I know that this is an rp that is set in a somewhat obscure time in history, but knowledge of the period is not necessarily a must. This is first and foremost a setting where we can all be devious or try to get by with only being good at your job, choice is yours. Be loyal, don't be loyal or keep your head down. The most important part is having fun.

Rome had always been a place where backstabbing and political intrigue were rampant, even in its days as a republic. During the principate the Praetorian Guard had at one time began selling the position of Emperor to the highest bidder. Even killing Emperors when they received the right amount of money. It is no surprise that the world of Rome had produced many of whom were adept at navigating the political background of the Empire in order to survive the intrigue that surrounds them.

In order to not drag on too long basically I'm looking for this rp to be set in 355 AD in Gaul. Our characters will either be in positions of power or be subordinated to other player's characters that are in positions of power. Basically we'll all be vying for the attention and favor of Julian, whom was Caesar in Gaul at the time.

The various offices characters can hold are:

Dux: This is the commander of a section of the Roman Empire's Frontier troops that are tasked with slowing down barbarians trying to enter the Empire. A military command, but with lots of potential for political maneuvering.
Vicar: This is the political leader of a diocese in the Empire; we won't get too technical with it, but it is indeed a powerful political office. For the sake of this rp they will be the governor of a city. The Vicar holds no military power.
Comes Rei Militaris: Basically a count that is in command of one of Rome's field armies, technically there was no field army in Gaul under a Comes, but this isn't meant to be too technical. This command is a powerful military office that has access to some of Rome's best troops.
Tribunus: This is an officer that was in command of a legion or cohort depending if they served in the field armies or frontier armies, respectively. This one is good if you wished to be someone's loyal second.

If you're interested just leave a reply!
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

MangoNekros

I have 8 characters that can potentially work for this RP. PM me if you're interested!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Glory of Rome (Political Scheming/Mi (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus