Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Experiment (Group A)

Calum (played by NeonStitchLover)

((Hey there! If you have received this link, just post your starter!))
Graven (played by NeonStitchLover) Topic Starter

The burly man approaches the young victim in the secluded chair in the dark room, a single spotlight shining brightly over their head. He grabs a chair from the surrounding darkness and sits it in front of the new contestant. "Greetings, my friend. I see you have gotten yourself into a predicament, have you not?" He leans forward so his elbows are placed on his knees, his arms casually crossed in front of him through this position. He gazes into the stranger's eyes with an apologetic, yet amused, look deep in his own eyes. He gives a small chuckle, though too short to tell. He then rises and pats the guest on the head, "You have been chosen to fight in my arena. You, and others who have been chosen to join you, will fight to see who will be the strongest, wisest, and most useful to my... Work. If you do survive, I will put you and the others that will follow from multiple contests, into a testing facility. Once my work is therefore completed, you will be kept there for future uses. Now."

He stepped to the side, more spotlights turning on above some weapon and armor stands. "Choose your fate." The guest stands, selecting their items, and is transported into a new realm, the arena was going to soon commence.

~~~~~~Many Years Later~~~~~~

On a cold winter morning, up in the mountains of Donte, there is an experimental facility controlled by the government that researches people with supernatural powers. The government, trying to make super soldiers, takes children with powers from their homes when they're babies, bringing them to the facility and training them for the tests they go through upon reaching the age of 21. None of the children had names of their own, only numbers that identified them as who they were.

This winter morning of December 31st, 2029, all of the people that had turned 21 that year were woken from their beds to be taken to the first set of experiments that would determine whether they lived or died.

//Our Story Begins//

Number 068 wakes as an automated beep woke her, droning for 5 seconds before it caused her to jerk up from her bed. "Number 068, please stand in your designated area for the restraint process. You will be transferred to the cafeteria shortly."

068 groans as she gets up, throwing her cover to the side and standing. She was to the wall directly in front of the door, facing it and proceeding to put her hands behind her head with her legs spread. A woman guard soon comes into her room and puts 068's hands behind her back, cuffing her and putting specially programmed gloves onto the girl's hand to prevent her supernatural powers from activating. 068 was quite the trouble maker and this was why she was treated like a prisoner. The woman guard, Claire, walked 068 out of her cell and into the crowd of other supernaturals that were being ushered into the cafeteria.

Once the guard had gotten her into the cafeteria, she removed her cuffs and pushed her into the door that lead to the eating room, a force field activating behind 068. 068 was not obligated to remove the gloves, special locking mechanisms had been added to ensure that they stayed on when she was in public. So they basically branded her as who she was. Not that her short cropped hair or ice blue eyes didn't already give that away. 068 went into the lunch line, getting the slop she always got for breakfast. She picked up her tray and walked to the same secluded table she sat at every day for the last 21 years.
((Yo, just a quick question so I can add some details; does the room have any way to see outside or..?))
Graven (played by NeonStitchLover) Topic Starter

Qrow Dive Foster wrote:
((Yo, just a quick question so I can add some details; does the room have any way to see outside or..?))

((It's whichever you want. Your character is your own in entirety. The room this character is in is completely different from yours or it can be the same. The way yours develops is entirely up to you. Make sure to have a 3 digit number for the temp name ^^))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Experiment (Group A)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus