Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Whats DnD?

Jarod

Getting started might feel overwhelming at first, but it really is a lot of fun. I wish you luck on your search and future experiences. :)
Everyone else seems to have the basics of the game pretty well so I won't add to it. I will suggest looking over the core rulebook for the system that you want to learn about. It will give you an idea into the system and then any questions you have can be cleared up a little easier or be clarified for you.

I know of a group on RPR that is an active DnD group. The groups is called The Quest Connection. There are currently several different systems they are running but you can join whichever ones strikes your fancy. Currently there are 2 active 5th edition games running with the possibility of more games opening up. The GM in charge of the 5th edition games is TimTowtiddy. He is more than willing to answer any questions you may have pertaining to the system or how he runs his games. The games for 5th edition use DnDBeyond to hold the character sheets, which is free to use.

There are numerous pathfinder games running that use the standard system and a few that use other systems. Different house rules are used for each setting but most of the rules are similar. The main difference is in how you create your character. Aine runs the pathfinder games. She is also more than willing to answer any questions you may have on the system or the games themselves.

A Dragon Age game is being run by TimTowtiddy.

There is a Pokemon United game being run by Miss. She is looking for more players to join the game. Miss would be more than happy to answer any questions you have on the system or her setting.

If you are unsure how it is run a couple of campaigns have been finished that you could read through to get your bearings on how things work. Both of the completed games use the pathfinder system but it will give you a basic idea on how things work. We Be Goblins was a short one shot type campaign where everyone was a goblin character. Black Fang's Dungeon was the starting campaign used to test the system and figure out how forum style roleplaying worked with a DnD setting.

There is a discord server linked to the Quest Connection that you are free to lurk in and ask questions. Everyone in there would answer any questions that you have to the best of their abilities. The group also accepts people that have no experience when it comes to the game. The only stipulation is the group is an 18+ group so I am unsure if that affects you or not.

The main thing to have some fun with the game. It allows you to create different characters and explore different facets. It can be a little overwhelming starting out but once you start to understand the game more it becomes easier. Best of luck and I hope this helps.
Rosa Topic Starter

Krispythekritter wrote:
Everyone else seems to have the basics of the game pretty well so I won't add to it. I will suggest looking over the core rulebook for the system that you want to learn about. It will give you an idea into the system and then any questions you have can be cleared up a little easier or be clarified for you.

I know of a group on RPR that is an active DnD group. The groups is called The Quest Connection. There are currently several different systems they are running but you can join whichever ones strikes your fancy. Currently there are 2 active 5th edition games running with the possibility of more games opening up. The GM in charge of the 5th edition games is TimTowtiddy. He is more than willing to answer any questions you may have pertaining to the system or how he runs his games. The games for 5th edition use DnDBeyond to hold the character sheets, which is free to use.

There are numerous pathfinder games running that use the standard system and a few that use other systems. Different house rules are used for each setting but most of the rules are similar. The main difference is in how you create your character. Aine runs the pathfinder games. She is also more than willing to answer any questions you may have on the system or the games themselves.

A Dragon Age game is being run by TimTowtiddy.

There is a Pokemon United game being run by Miss. She is looking for more players to join the game. Miss would be more than happy to answer any questions you have on the system or her setting.

If you are unsure how it is run a couple of campaigns have been finished that you could read through to get your bearings on how things work. Both of the completed games use the pathfinder system but it will give you a basic idea on how things work. We Be Goblins was a short one shot type campaign where everyone was a goblin character. Black Fang's Dungeon was the starting campaign used to test the system and figure out how forum style roleplaying worked with a DnD setting.

There is a discord server linked to the Quest Connection that you are free to lurk in and ask questions. Everyone in there would answer any questions that you have to the best of their abilities. The group also accepts people that have no experience when it comes to the game. The only stipulation is the group is an 18+ group so I am unsure if that affects you or not.

The main thing to have some fun with the game. It allows you to create different characters and explore different facets. It can be a little overwhelming starting out but once you start to understand the game more it becomes easier. Best of luck and I hope this helps.

Well i am almost 20 so im in the range lol.

I think will join the chat as see for myself. Thank you for being so helpful!!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Whats DnD?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus