Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » November, November...

Novus

ImprobableLankyBream-size_restricted.gif

This has been a... busy month. And I cannot be alone in this. No, I know I am not. Most of my RP partners have had to take miniature breaks for one reason or another. For me, classes are coming to a close and holidays are abound, as well as several specific unfortunate anniversaries are hitting me in the face.

Is everybody else finding themselves intensely overwhelmed? (Also, sorry to my RP partners...)
Certainly can relate. Nanowrimo is one of the main reasons november is exhausting though usually I handle it better, I fell behind, my personal goal is 75k, which means I have 9 days to write 30k, so... hopefully I can get it done. I am trying not to stress too hard but, you know. Plus have been having pain flare ups and mental illness flare ups, so that's over whelming. Plus several anniversary of my own that suckkk.

*all the group hugs*

Also as one of your rp partners no worries. Solidarity <3
yes YES

I have so much to do in the next week I'm drowning lol

But literally in one week I'm going to Ireland so I'm so stoked ;u; maybe that will help get me through this semester of school....
Kim Site Admin

Yes feeling pretty darn overwhelmed on a day to day basis. 'tis the season, I guess!
Novus Topic Starter

MercyInReach wrote:
Certainly can relate. Nanowrimo is one of the main reasons november is exhausting though usually I handle it better, I fell behind, my personal goal is 75k, which means I have 9 days to write 30k, so... hopefully I can get it done. I am trying not to stress too hard but, you know. Plus have been having pain flare ups and mental illness flare ups, so that's over whelming. Plus several anniversary of my own that suckkk.

*all the group hugs*

Also as one of your rp partners no worries. Solidarity <3
That is a stressful thing, nano. I'm sorry you're running a little behind. But I believe in you. You are an incredible writer and I know you'll do great. <3
Novus Topic Starter

Abissh wrote:
yes YES

I have so much to do in the next week I'm drowning lol

But literally in one week I'm going to Ireland so I'm so stoked ;u; maybe that will help get me through this semester of school....
Oh, Ireland! How exciting. I have never been across the pond. Is it a vacation thing, or a study-abroad thing? Either way, I hope you have lots of fun. :)
Novus Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Yes feeling pretty darn overwhelmed on a day to day basis. 'tis the season, I guess!
The holidays - and winter in general - tend to be overwhelming. There's the fact that one has to prepare for family and traditions (if one is into that kind of thing) but the season itself can be troublesome. With the colder months, there's a sense of "I need to survive" going on, but maybe that's just me. I grew up in the middle of nowhere. We harvested and preserved our own fruits and vegetables and butchered our own meat in preparation for the ice and cold, as well as spending the warmer 3/4 of the year chopping wood, gathering kindling, etc. If it snowed or if there was any accumulation of ice, we were stuck. I'm living in the city now (and boy is it strange) but that instinct is still with me.

I really hope things start tapering for you. I know that you have 2.0 on your plate, and that in itself is a grand project. I'm not sure how I could help, or else I would offer my assistance. I - we - are rooting for you! <3

giphy.gif

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » November, November...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus