Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo) Topic Starter

Random Characters wrote:
(Holy mother of God... Can I join?)

((OOC: Sure, just take a moment to read the OP on the first page, abide by the rules, and finally create an interesting way to join in on))

((OOC: Any responses HRA or Dragon Felix?

And I thought it be nice to do a little recap/summary for those simply watching or thinking to join:

-The Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla, under Captain Nikoli is sent to the outer boarder for patrol when they discover what appears to be a wormhole
-A human timeship, Time Dancer, under Captain Felix reveals himself to be human, his ship has an AI named FJ, somewhat damaged ("missing pieces", the Captain explains), and carries a mysterious cargo
-Nikoli and a few of his crew accept Felix's invite to dinner, while also dispatching repair teams to help the damaged vessel
-The Valhalla receives a distress call from a nearby colonial outpost and responds, while keeping a support squadron behind for the Captain
-The HMS Bismark under Field Marshall Taranis pops on to the scene and detects the two vessels; sends a message to both vessels only to gain no response. Sends another message a bit more forcibly
-Time Dancer has yet to respond to the HMS Bismarck; Valhalla has responded making aware their intentions to investigate the distress call, despite the dispute over the territorial claim of the system, and should any hostile action be taken against them, they will respond accordingly))

((DOUBLE POST OOPS))

((WHOA WHOA KIDS SETTLE DOWN!! LOL Am currently reading up on everything since me and HRAs throwdown on Eon's ship (sorry EON! :P). Will respond and make adjustments accordingly))

((Alrighty, so we have a new ship in play now, a futuristic robotic AI controlled one Im guess. The stats look fine, so yeah its legit.

HRA is right, dont control others characters. Instead make sure your responses are worded in a way which a followed response could be given, even if its say, I rammed into your ship and activated the self destruct with 5 seconds.

And there's probably going to be some efficiency reductions on a few things, but as it stands, Ill just do a sort of general state, the Time Dancer and Bismarck are at the same status level, the the Tarkat Nictov is a little better of than most though it received some moderate damage (and currently looks to get dealt some very heavy hits). The Valhalla is at the bottom.

Fair enough?))
((Fist bump! You worded that perfectly, my poetic opponent! But if I may say this, I think it will, too, get the point across:

You can respond to anything another person says. If he says he rammed me, and activated his self destruct [good luck. XD], then I can say:
The ship reeled with the force of the enemy vessel slamming into it, tipping nearly on it's side in the depths of space. Inside, metal groaned and screeched as it was contorted and torn into massive bits of shrapnel. The side Hellraiser cannons imploded in in themselves as the hull smashed them apart, and the ammunition inside burst apart, creating an equally devastating explosion. The Bismarck ripped in half, one end caught in the gravitational field of a nearby planetary body, the other half still propelled.

Crews scrambled to get to the escape pods, but it was all for naught. Even as the doors sealed themselves shut on the open areas, they were still doomed. The commander in chief, Colonel Braesk, stared in disbelief as the ship was compromised. He said nothing, but just stared as it began to break. His mouth hung down in amazement, and his eyes showed true acceptance of his fate. He looked down at his feet, and said his famous last words: "I am a Space Marine. I know no fear, but if I don't, I suppose this is the closest damned thing to it,"

The explosion from the self destruct sent a fireball the size of both ships into the space they used to occupy, ripping apart all life that may have been, but now was no more. The bridge was ripped to shreds, tossed into nothingness, then engulfed in the flames, before the fire died in less than a second. It all happened so fast. No one on board the Bismarck survived.

I could've just said: It blew up and everyone on board was killed in the resulting inferno that was death's friend.

And Alonzo, to you, I say, "Good Job, old Chap! I salute you!" Mainly because you have to take your time and re read everything. :) And yes, I do believe that's fair. So, it would look like this:

Tarkat Nictov
Bismarck, Time Dancer
Valhalla

Or am I missing something?

Also, on your idea of efficiency reductions, I suppose I should tune down the armor, weaponry, and ship. My weapons should fire slower, of course.))

((Thats about right HRA. And as far as efficiency reductions, I mean instakills. And also the fact, Im trying to determine what each ship's weakness and strengths (Firepower, Speed, Defense) and then moderate accordingly from there.

Also welcome Terel.

Give me a while and Ill make a response, and sort of reign in everything so as to have a sort of anchor point, where things arent spiraling all over the place.))
((I'm sorry, but what the hell happened to our fight? I'm engaged with three ships right now, and I have two High Explosive Anti Armor 700 foot shells, ten 60 foot shells, and twenty squads of fighters heading your way. I'm sorry, but did we sort of... Stop?

Oh, hey Terel? Add another digit to all of your measurements, and you have the PERFECT ship for your mission. Right now, its really small and can't hold that much inside of it. I'm guessing its around the size of... God... The USS Enterprise from WW2... With the same ship and crew count, but the weaponry of the Yamamoto or Bismarck...

I'm going to reply after Nokai fixes his latest post. Sorry. After he does that, I'll edit mine to get things going. :))

((And this concludes this first trump in Interstellar Wayfarers! Thank for everyone who participated, as I surely had fun.

In the coming hours, a new thread will pop up and though the "main arc" seems to be coming of war, remember anyone can still partake and join in on the fun.

Thanks guys!

Stay tune for "Interstellar Wayfarers: War March Unto Darkness"))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus