Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo)

OOC: Decided to just go ahead and start up a game and go from there.

Here is the rule set thatll be used for this Novel based RPG:
Quote:
Instructions...

There are few very basic steps for joining the game...

1: You start off by creating a spacecraft, which could derive from a published work, or could be completely original. It can be pretty much anything that takes your fancy...

2: Post up a link with some basic stats (or write the stats yourself) such as size, weapons compliment, etc...

3: Provide a picture. I have included this a separate step because it is absolutely essential that you provide a picture,. It could be anything from a masterful piece of CGI to a hastily drawn doodle, as long as gives one an idea of what the ship in question looks like...

4: You're done! Just bring your ship into the game!

There are seven basic rules...

1: You are not allowed to destroy another person's vessel. Only a vessel's owner can destroy it (or allow it to be destroyed). You are, however, free to damage or otherwise effect the vessel within reason for your ship's weaponry and abilities...

Note: This rule is flexible and subject to change, depending on how the story progresses...

2: Initially, you may not use too powerful a ship. You can use any kind of ship you like, but it must not be something overwhelmingly powerful like a massive dreadnought, a huge Death Star-esque mobile station or a ship with an insta-kill super weapon. If you're not sure, trying looking for a ship that could be defined as a 'heave cruiser' (a medium to medium-heavy general purpose ship).

Note: I will have the final say on whether a ship is reasonable or not. Don't bother asking me though, as you can assume I find the ship acceptable unless I say otherwise... Also, this easily the least concrete of the rules. For one thing, I'm sure most of you will be able to use common sense...

3: The game is not to be played in script format (novel format only).

4: Do not play another person's ship or characters for them...

5: You are allowed to use a canon ship from a published work (though I would advise against it).

6: Please don't get overly silly and/or start spamming. It really pains me to see this happen to my forum games...

7: Above all, have fun with it...

8: Anyone else who wishes to join will just have to read the op and chose an interesting way to pop in.

Note: OOC and IC can be used to let the other players know whether you are speaking out of the context of the game (OOC or 'out of context') or within the context of the game (IC or 'in context'). You can also think of them as 'out of character' and 'in character', respectively, if you wish...

If you need further examples of how this will proceed here are two links:

Example 1

Example 2

Lets begin!

OOC: My ship is one from my own scifi universe, the Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla,a Gauntlet-class Battleship.

Her stats are as follows:

Service Date: 2093 - ?
Role: Battleship
Length: 2530m
Height: 560m
Width: 1380m
Class: Gauntlet
Decks: 22
Crew Compliment: 2,500 [400 Officers, 1500 Enlisted, 200 Marines, 400 Airwing]
{EMERGENCY CREW COMPLIMENT}: 3,400

Available Small Craft Squadrons:
4x of 7x Assault Fighters
2x of 4x Bombers

Auxiliary Craft:
4x Breaching Craft
4x Troop Transport
4x Shuttles
2x Gunships
2x Multi-role Craft
6x Maintenance Craft 2x Scout AWAC Craft

20x Multi-role Drone

Defenses Capabilities:
Mark V EM Shield Matrix
Mark III Crossfire ECM/ECCM Suite
32x Anti-Assault Craft, Flak Turrets
16x Mark I Point Defense Laser Cluster

Offensive Capabilities:
19x Particle Beam Cannons
9x Electron Beam Cannons
16x MAPL/Railgun Ship to Ship Turrets
4x Missile Launching Stern Chaser
20x Vertical Launch System (8 cell)
6x InterStellar Ballistic Missile Launchers (ISBM) (4 cell)

Power Planet:

M/AM Planet with Magnetic Bottle Confinement and Eight Conversion Reactors

Propulsion:

Primary – M/Am Plasma Core (with water)
Secondary – Fusion Drive
48x RCS Maneuvering Thrusters
FTL Jump Drive

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Ships in my universe work on a degree of engine efficiency similar to that of Honor Harrington. This means that Military ships have a higher efficiency rate and endurance with their engines before they start to over heat and/or blow out.

This means that the M/AM Engines allow the ship to travel at a "safe" baseline of 800km/s with a 5% increase should the engines be redlined.

Also FTL travel is a sort of mixture of the Warp Drive and Hyperspace, in which the ship punctures a whole into subspace and is dragged along by dark matter. Given that here’s a small listing of travel time to distance covered:

.1 ly = 40min
1 ly = 400min (6hrs 40min)
10ly = 4000min (2 days 18hrs 40min)
100lyrs = 400,000min (27days 12hrs 40min)

Heres a model of here I whipped up to give you an idea of how she looks:

[img][/img]GaunteletBS9.png[/img]

Ok with all that out the way, lets REALLY begin....

IC: The Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla, was spat out the blue and white swirls of the FTL subspace corridor and hung upon the stillness and silence of space.

Captain Alexei Nikoli, the middle aged, heart broken, Russian commanding officer of the battleship, stepped off the lift into the bustling Combat Intelligence Center (CIC). He quickly glimpsed toward the bridge and navigation area, and saw Navigator Tonia Liala, the outlandish and outgoing female officer, tapping away at her console's keyboard.

"SITREP," called out the Captain, as he continued his stride to the main holodisplay, instead of his command chair.

Commander Cigol Nikephoros, his Executive Officer and a member of the Ykkins -a race a tall, slender, pale skinned, culturally backward and technologically advance aliens- looked up from his own displays. "We have arrived at the given coordinates. Our onboard scientists have confirmed there is increased gravitational and cosmic radiation in this area."

"Wormhole?" the Captain asked, as he studied some hard copies, strewn upon the table.

"Possibly," responded the Commander. "Lieutenant Briten, Dr. Stratos, and the other personal are going over the data."

Captain Nikoli, rubbed his chin. He didn't like the fact that Fleet HQ had sent him all the way out here on some fool's errand, just because he was the cause of hotbed tension between the Coalition and other factions. He was just about to ask the Commander something, when there came a soft rhythmic alert.

"Captain, called Lieutenant Briten on the intracom. "Don't know if you are aware, but the scanners just started to pick up some very incredible increases in gravitation disturbance and background radiation. I think there's a wormhole out there and-"

Another alert came through and it was Navigator Liala, who spoke know from the Bridge area. "Captain, scanners are picking up something on an intercept course. Our scanners are being scattered so we have no idea, who or what it is."

Captain Nikoli looked at his Executive Officer.

"You don't believe in coincidences," he responded.

Captain Nikoli nodded, "Damn right Mr. Cigol. Comm Officer Ty, Set Condition Two through out the ship, Standby Stations. Also, open up a channel to the unidentifiable."

"Aye sir. Channel open sir," Ty stated.

"To unknown vessel, this is the Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla. We ask that you identify yourself...."

(OOC: So who will answer the call?)
Other characters (played by EonRising)

Ship name: Time Dancer
Service date: not a service ship
Class: custom Man-o-war capital ship
Length: 2200m
Height: 315m
Width: 700m
Decks: 18
Maximum capacity: 2,100 but can be 100% controlled by a crew of at least 10.
Current crew: 159 (12 officers, 107 various soldiers, 20 engineers, 3 medical officers, 7 engineers, 10 pilots

Available craft: a variety of custom gunships and assault Fighters. No exact number due to how often they are either breaking down or being fixed.

Robotics: one advanced AI that can take control of the entire ship only if there are no humans on board and can also act as captain.
30 Several mechanic robots which assist in repairs
5000 nanobots which can repair any damage done to the ships inner workings or interior provided they are given at least one hour without being disturbed.

Equipment: One time distortion core which allows for infrequent time travel
50 plasma HMG turrets
6 heavy armor-piercing concussion double barreled turrets
6 triple barreled incendiary cannons
R-Amm Plasma Core, liquid nitrogen cooled engine
10 cv-5 rotary core propulsion turbines
12 cv-9 jet thruster
4 rocket artillery components w/ lazer designation capabilities
1 LAV-Cv 15 atmos-shield generator
7 lazer lock-on scramblers
1 Atlas Earth Shaker particle-destablizer beam cannon

I will have a sketch of this later on :/ sorry

IC

The large vessel warped out of it's worm hole, it's hull seeming to stretch and distort before snapping into it's correct shape. The ship was obviously heavily armed, the most notable weapon being the large cannon on top of it, a single wide, rectangular barrel mounted on it. This weapon unfortunately looked broken. It sparked in several places and seemed to be bent.
The Valhalla's message patched through to the bridge in the Time Dancer. The visual was rather pristine; a white control room reminiscent of the USS enterprise. Several people were in the room and they seemed calm but at the same time worried.
"Hello, Valhalla. This is the Captain Martin T. Felix of the Time Dancer. May I help you?"
Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo) Topic Starter

IC:

"Incoming message. Audio only," announced Ty as he switched the audio over onto the loud speakers.

"Hello, Valhalla. This is the Captain Martin T. Felix of the Time Dancer. May I help you?"

Captain Nikoli glanced over to his Executive Officer who merely raised a brow. "It seems they speak Terran English."

The Captain grumbled, just as the lift opened up to the admittance of Intelligence Officer Briten and Dr. Micheal Stratos, a member of the Sentient Intelligence Analysis and Research Special Division on Terra.

"I hope you two have something good for me," the Captain said, as they took up their stations.

"We are trying Captain, but the scanners are having trouble with the recently high discharge of electromagnetic interference," responded Briten. "We were able to get something though. Dozen of energy spikes coming from that ship."

"Confirmed Captain," agreed Lt. Nai'ti, the ship's Tactical and Security Officer. "What ever that ship is, seems like she's made to fight."

"I do not believe it prudent to jump to that course of action yet Lieutenant. I do agree and believe we should be cautious though," interjected Commander Cigol.

"Hmm. Very well, Navigator Liala make sure we are out of their estimated weapons' range. Briten, get me some more information on that ship, and Dr. Stratos, get ready, I am going to need your skills very soon. Ty give me an open link. Audio and visual," Captain Nikoli ordered.

There was a murmur of acknowledgements, as the Captain took to his command chair and Communication Officer Ty gave the go ahead.

"Captain Felix of the Time Dancer, I am Captain Alexi Nikoli. We do not recognize your ship configuration or markings, yet by our analysts, you seem to speak Terran Standard, English."

Captain Nikoli raised a brow before peering into the view screen. "Where did you come from? Are you...human?"

"Oh yes, I am quite human. And our ship is custom is why you don't know it's markings. Unfortunately I am being paid a great deal of money to protect some very... Very precious cargo. A person actually. As of such conditions, I am unable to disclose anything except that we are unaligned with any current factions," the man said as his face popped up into the Valhalla's screen. He was a tall, dark haired man with blue eyes and a posture that seemed somehow rigid and aloof at the same time.
"I understand that you are all probably confused about our presence here in deep space... But I assure you that it is merely coincidence and our Plasma Core is currently in need of repair. We'll be stuck here for a while. If you feel obligated to assist us, I'm sure our host won't mind. Otherwise you may be on your way and we'll get out of your hair as soon as the cooling system is no longer... Missing..."

"Otherwise you may be on your way and we'll get out of your hair as soon as the cooling system is no longer... Missing..."

The red haired, blue eyed Russian commander sat there, face blank, as the aloof human man finished his response.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Comm Officer Ty murmured under his breath.

Navigator Liala, was hard fast adamant on turning away from the Captain so he wouldn't see her try in vain to contain herself from laughter.

Commander Cigol merely raised a brow, as Dr. Stratos jaw nearly went smashing through the deck plate. Captain Nikoli turned to Comm Officer Ty and gave him the "mute" signal.

"Most peculiar," said Cigol breaking the more than humorous tension on the command deck. "That ship is merely a cargo runner, yet it has that much firepower."

"Yes, but I can confirm what he said and more. Seems that ship is a tin can with broken guns wrapped up on it with duct tape," said Intelligence Officer Briten, having recovered himself. "I am getting some better readings now too and scanners are picking up a whole leap of trace elements, consistent for the survival of a life form like ourselves. Human that is."

"But we don't know for sure unless we get up close and personal," interjected Lt. Nai'ti. "And I do not feel so good about that Captain. I don't trust him."

"Your concern is noted Mr. Nai'ti," nodded the Captain as he turned toward Dr. Stratos. "Can you make out anything?"

Dr. Stratos shook his head, "No Captain. The information I have and what I'm speculating is vague and not substantial. I need more data. We all do."

Captain Nikoli sighed and turned back to the viewscreen, Ty instinctively "un-muting" the audio.

"Seems our scanners confirm your admission Captain. If you wish, I can send a few teams over to assist in your repairs and fabrication of necessary parts. Also, I can see that a medical team is sent over to make sure their are no adverse effects from your mishap or that of the increased cosmic radiation in the area."

Captain Felix laughed, "I can assure you two things. First, this ship is not a freighter. It is a man-o-war. Experimental, heavy class. Armor just as thick or thicker than yours. Second, our weapons systems are fully operational. Yes, the big guy on top, Atlas, is sorta broken, but that happens every time we use it. Which isn't very frequent. It's also a prototype weapon, but it's very powerful. Like every prototype, it has it's kinks to work out," he have a dismissive wave.
"In any case, we would certainly appreciate any technical help you can provide. All our engineers are experts, but there's only so much 20 men and women can do. Fortunately we don't require any medical assistance. All aboard are fully accounted for and unharmed," he said with a grateful smile. "Would you like to join us for dinner, Captain Nikoli? Your officers are welcome aboard as well. We are celebrating a rather special occasion," he offered.

"One moment Captain Felix," as Captain Nikoli manually switched the viewer to display a Please Standby message.

"Mr. Ty, I believe I gave you the mute signal."

"I...I did Sir. I believe I did..." clamored Communications Officer Breon Ty, scrambling with the controls at his station.

"Maybe he can read lips," suggested Dr. Stratos.

The Captain gave a glare, "Well he's given us permission to assist and has asked us for dinner."

"I don't want any engineering teams over there without guards sir," Lt. Nai'ti stated strongly. "And I am quite sure Lt. Colonel Follox will attest to the same. I don't trust him, and I am surely not going to allow unarmed technicians and engineers onboard that thing...Sir."

"Cigol,your opinion?" asked the Captain.

"She brings up a fair point Captain. There is something about Captain Felix that is off-putting. But then again, it is the Chief's job to make sure this ship and her crew are secured and I'm just very suspicious," the Executive Officer admitted. "I do believe we should assist them. And use this to gather as much information on them as possible."

Captain Nikoli rubbed his chin in thought.

"Alright, Mr. Cigol, you, Mr. Follox, Chief Engineer Dext, and Mr. Nai'ti work out the teams to assist them."

Commander Cigol nodded, and him and Lieutenant Nai'ti quickly departed to work on the listing.

Captain Nikoli returned his gaze back onto Comm Officer Ty, "Mr. Ty, notify Dr. Rodden that I'll require his presence on an away mission."

Comm Officer Ty nodded and began working the controls on his board. The Captain resumed his position, looking at the viewscreen, bring the feed out of standby and looking back at Captain Felix.

"We have begun assembling teams and they should depart within the next hour. I will also take up your offer of dinner Captain, with a company of three. We will depart in the next 30 minutes Captain. Until then."

The link broke and Captain Nikoli arose from his command chair.

"Navigator Liala, you have the Conn. Ty, tell Lt. Colonel Follox, to meet us at the shuttle when hes finished with the Commander and Chief. Dr. Stratos, you are with me."

Ty gave a nod and the Captain and Dr. Stratos entered into the lift. Navigator Liala popped up and leaned on Ty's console with a devilish grin.

"You really did botch that up you know."

"Oh hush," Ty said, a tad annoyed. "I really did mute the audio."

"Meh, we all make mistakes. I mean its not as worst as you losing that football match to the Admiral," Liala quipped.

"So says the android women," Ty poked back.

"Hey, I am the "Supreme Navigation Android Women," who also happens to be in charge Lieutenant Breon Ty," Navigator Liala mocked, as she made her way back to the Bridge.

"Oh gods, this is just the freaking greatest..." Ty sighed.

The mute had worked properly, but the Time Dancer was more than just a hot dog covered in guns and it wasn't hard at all to over ride a simple mute function. Captain Felix truly had nothing malevolent planned for the other ship. He simply didn't like being left out of a conversation that somehow involved him.
"Is dinner almost ready?" he asked to seemingly no one in particular.
"Yes sir," came the response from a speaker. The on board AI was speaking. Currently it was learning how to cook and was being taught by the head chef on board. This was the AI's final test: preparing the celebratory feast.
"Well, we'll be having three extra guests. Be sure they're accounted for," he advised.
"Yes, Captain," the AI responded.

Felix looked around his bridge, smiling at the officers, "Well, this is quite an interesting development. Try to make a good impression. We can worry about Atlas later," he assured them.
"Yes Captain," the head engineer in charge of Atlas sighed and reluctantly backed away, "But how could we make a good impression while we're all so stressed?"
"That is the most ridiculous question you've ever asked," Felix said as he walked to the elevator and went down to the main deck which held the dining room, the mess, the crew's bedrooms and the armory. Right beneath the dining room and mess was the kitchen, where a humanoid robot that moved on tracks rather than legs was preparing the dinner with assistance from several humans.

(OOC: Overriding the mute function! LOL)

IC: Captain Nikoli and Dr. Stratos made their way onto the hangerdeck and saw two others waiting by their shuttle.

"I thought he said he didn't need any medical assistance?" Stratos said.

"Just a precaution. Same with the Mr. Follox here. Plus, while you're learning more about these humans, I need someone to get a few bio-readings for the analysts to rumble over," the Captain responded.

Lt. Colonel Follox, a solider through and through, born on the Mars Colonial Mining Facility checked over his pistol and holstered it.

"A little light aren't we Colonel?" Captain Nikoli commented.

"I can go heavier Captain, but I don't you want me making a bad impression on our host," the head marine said with a Southern drawl.

"Right," Captain Nikoli nodded. "And what about you Dr. Rodden?"

"I have what I can without making it suspicious. Though if the goddamn fella say no medics aboard, then I sure as hell shouldn't be going over there," quipped the English, senior aged, kindhearted, yet skeptical and cynical Chief Medical Officer. "Atleast our shuttle wont be driven by that blue haired mad women."

"Navigator Liala?" Follox chuckled. "I thought you were use to that Doctor."

Dr. Lucas Rodden shuffled up to the entrance of the shuttle. "I am use to her being an android. I am however NOT use to her piloting skills. And never will be. That women is as mad as a banshee flying outta hell on a nuclear missile!"

And with that the Doctor disappeared into the shuttle's seating compartment. Lt. Colonel Follox merely laughed and followed him in, with Captain Nikoli and Dr. Stratos tailing behind.

The small 6 person shuttle, powered up and fired its belly thrusters pushing it off the deck. Its landing gears folded up into the craft, and the pilot gently nudged the ship toward the main bay's exit, before pushing it to full thrust and heading toward the Time Dancer.

As the small craft approached the stagnant warship, two doors opened up to reveal atmos-shield air locks that could allow crafts to enter and exit but no air, and if concentrated enough, like it was for the actual ship shields, it could block a pretty heavy payload from doing damage.

Captain Felix was already waiting at the loading bay, which had a mishmash of different gunships and fighters lined up neatly but in no particular order.
He waited patiently for the other ship to land then approached the shuttle's doors, waiting for it's occupants to exit.

The small craft landed with a barely noticeable thump. The pilot began powering down systems and turned to the occupants.

"Glad you guys enjoyed the trip on Air Wills. Please carefully proceed to the exits and have a nice day," the pilot said with a smile.

"Major Wills," Dr. Rodden spoke, as he fumbled with his harness belt. "YOU are no worse than Liala."

"Hey hey Doc, Im just the chauffeur," chuckled Major Wills, the Valhalla's Commander of most of its aerospace craft.

"Yeah flyboy, just make sure you're ready to chauffeur us back and not sleep on your ass," Lt. Colonel Follox said as he got up from his seat.

"So says the bootstrapper. How bout you make sure I have something to chauffeur back this time," the Major said jerking his head in the way of the Captain, who was too busy making sure his uniform was proper.

"Thats a bet," said the marine, before he went to the exit. "If you two don't mind, I want you to go out first before me and the Captain."

Dr. Rodden and Dr. Stratos gawked.

"Are you mad? Thats crazy!" They both yelled.

The Colonel shrugged, "Best for last gentlemen."

They grumbled and mumbled complaints, as they took up station as the door opened. They let their eyes adjust to the bright light, before stepping out. After a few moment, Follox followed, with Captain Nikoli in tow.

He made his way down the steps and took a look around, noticing how expansive the Time Dancer's bay was.

This is definitely not a cargo runner Cigol, the captain thought to himself as he pulled his eyes away from the assorted small craft and to the human waiting for them, Captain Felix.

The appearance of the man in person was actually much more impressive to the Captain than he thought. There was something innately familiar yet annoying about his posture; as if he was amused and yet serious at the same time.

Or maybe Liala is getting to you too much, said a small voice in the back of the Captain's mind.

He brushed the thought away and made his way toward the man. Lt. Colonel Follox glanced over to him and gave a small nod, indicating that all was alright for the moment, and that the Captain wouldn't have to expect a surprise on his part. Dr. Rodden was shifted slightly behind Dr. Stratos -who seemed to be bursting at the seams in joy to talk to another intelligence specie- most likely getting a few bio-scans.

Captain Alexei Nikoli stopped less than a meter from Captain Felix and stretched out his hand.

"Captain Felix. Thank you for allowing us aboard. I have with me, Mr. Follox, my bodyguard persay, and Doctors Stratos and Rodden, who deal in our research in other sentient beings."

"It's a pleasure to have you aboard," Captain Felix smiled and gave each man a firm hand shake.
"I don't think anyone here needs to be bio scanned. We're no less human than any of you. Even our ship AI is doing his best to be a human. He's taking his final cooking test tonight, which is the feast for our success."
He gestured to a man in a white and red jacket. "This is Colonel Amarov," he introduced, "He is our head engineer and will show your engineers, whenever they get here, where our Plasma Core engine is."
With that, he turned on his heel and started walk back towards the lift from the hangar to the main deck. He waited for his company and then pressed the button, opening the doors and he allowed them to enter into the spacious area. A sign on the right read,
"Max. Cap. 20
All personel fully equipped"
"So, how many people are aboard your ship, Captain?" Felix asked as the lift started moving ad he stood with his hands clasped behind his back.

Everyone except Captain Nikoli exchanged glances, just as Lt. Colonel shifted apparently uneasy. Nonetheless, as the captain followed their host to a lift, they did so as well.

"So, how many people are aboard your ship, Captain?

Captain Nikoli paid his tense party no mind as he tugged at his chin. "Around 2,500 depending on our operation parameters. We've a level of automation that allows us to operate the ship perfectly, but none like that of yours it appears."

There was a chirp, a Nikoli glanced around to see Follox mumbling into his radio. He finished and looked back to the Captain. "The engineering teams have just departed. Theyll be several in total, in groups of five with two specialists each."

The Captain nodded, having understood the message. Nikoli returned back to his host. "You said something about an AI? You have one on this ship?"

"Oh yes," Captain Felix smiled pleasantly, "He acts as the ship computer and commands all the nanobots. We'd have them working on the engine if it was damaged, not missing a piece, so right now they're working on Atlas," he shrugged.
"What brings you and your crew out into deep space like this?" he asked.

"I see," the Captain nodded. "I am sure Dr. Stratos would be thoroughly pleased for you to go into further detail about that later."

Dr. Michael Stratos seemed almost giddy at the process and was having quite the hard time to make his excitement any less obvious.

"As to what brings out here," Nikoli continued. "That'd be bureaucracy and exploratory patrol. Mostly bureaucracy. What brings you here? And with such significant damage?"

"I'm sure my engineers would love to give you some more info on our AI. In any case, we're out here because we are just trying to stay away from civilization," Captain Felix smiled pleasantly, "There are too many distractions and people to steal a man's inventions on any planet. If you choose to stay long enough, I'll indulge out operation to you," he offered as the lift stopped and the doors slid open into a hallway.
"If you'll follow me, I'll lead you to the dining room," he said and started walking down the hallway. Men who were there stood at attention as Captain Felix walked by.

Captain Nikoli, Doctors Rodden and Stratos, and Lt. Colonel Follox followed Captain Felix down toward the dining room.

"Quite the show you have her gentlemen," the Colonel said aloud, as he eyed up each person they passed. "I'm sure they make excellent bootstrappers."

Nikoli turned his head partially to the marine and was aiming to give him a cutting look. The marine, merely let his eyes wonder the place as he whistled innocently.

Dr. Stratos however managed to relax himself and came trotting up to the side of Captain Nikoli.

"Go ahead Doctor," Nikoli said, before the man could start his rambling.

"Ah oh, thank you," he said before turning his next thoughts to Captain Felix. "Are AIs common place in the society you come from? Do they come in different forms or types, for different places and vessels? You say you have someone aboard? Is he an inventor AI specialists? What is your society like? When did you start traveling the stars?"

Dr. Stratos let loose a torrent of questions and Nikoli merely sighed and gave a small head shake.

"Jeez, need an inhaler or something?" Felix teased when the doctor let loose his stream of questions, "Something to help you catch your breath?"
"Anyways, I don't know how different our civilization is from yours. My crew and I are all from earth, as is the ship," he said, "And as for AI, yes there are different kinds for different purposes. Ours, we call him FJ, can control the entire ship, only of no other registered life form is on board. Other AI are actually more like robots and they go around, doing menial tasks that humans noonger desire to do. Have you seen that old old movie with the actor Will Smith? iRobot? It's kinda like that, except we have no main brain that can evolve. The robots are treated like humans for the most part when interacted with. FJ is trying his best to fit in with the crew," the captain said and opened a large mahogany door into the dining room. A large dumb waiter that was about 15 feet long and 5 feet deep into the wall, actually all the way through so that one could see into the mess hall, was raised. There was a feast on it reminiscent of thanksgiving, with several whole roast turkeys, assorted vegetables, mashed potatoes, even a few plates of hamburgers and various buns and rolls.
Most of the officers were already there, waiting patiently for Captain Felix and their guests.
"Gentlemen, if you wouldn't mind introducing yourselves later, we can begin dinner."

Dr. Stratos' mouth zipped shut and was he flustered red, as Captain Felix answered his questions.

By time he was finished, they had finally arrived to the dining hall and Captain Nikoli was immediately impressed by the state like affair of it all.

"Should've worn my dress uniform," Lt. Colonel Follox whispered.

"Gentlemen, if you wouldn't mind introducing yourselves later, we can begin dinner."

Captain Nikoli nodded and his party took up their assigned seats, waiting patiently for their host.

Lt. Commander Tonia Liala, Chief Navigator of the Valhalla sat in the command chair, eyes staring forward, blank. A few wires were embedded into her fore wrist, allowing her more efficient physical connectivity to some of the ship's systems.

"Liala?" Comm Officer Ty called out from his station, as he was clicked away at the keys of his board.

There was no response, so he called out again, "Lt. Commander?"

Liala suddenly blinked into existence onto Ty's screen, nearly startling him out his chair. "Gah! I hate when you do that! Jeez, why didn't you answer me?"

"Because I can hear you regardless," she, her voice noticeably digitized. "What is it?"

Ty clicked away at his board and brought up a display, "Well a small thing. I finally figured out why our conversation was heard. Someone basically just...switched it off. As simple as that."

"What? From our end?" Liala asked, as she went over the data herself.

"I don't believe so, but there's not much of anything in a trail. I actually don't believe it was malicious from the looks of it," Ty admitted.

"But that insinuates that whoever did it is near," Liala said in her normal voice, causing Ty to turn around and realize she wasn't connected to the ship anymore. "However it also means, that it could've been our guest here that did it."

They both looked toward the Time Dancer, thoughts wondering what could that ship do. Navigator Liala arose from the chair and came over to Ty.

"In any event, notify the Commander and get on it with the Briten and the rest of the spooks down below. I think the Commander and Captain will agree to a-"

Before Liala could finish, there was the rhythmic beep of an incoming alert and she dashed back to the command chair.

"Sir, we're getting a distress call from a nearby colonial outpost. They report attacks by unknown invaders," reported another communications tech.

"Bet you that's our pirates," Liala quipped at Comm Officer Ty. "Set Condition One, and notify the Commander. Begin Jump prep and deploy the standby squadron to cover the Captain's return, with a message of our departure and eventual return."

Communication Officer Ty nodded and went to work, just as Liala settled back into the command chair.

"Commander Cigol is on his way and thanks you for initiating contingency orders. Standby Squadron, now designated, King's Guard has been deployed along with secondary support unit. All sections report green, ready for jump," Ty listed off, as his eyes never left his screen.

"Good, execute jump," the Chief Navigator ordered.

"Get ready to jump in 5...4...3...2...jump!"

The Valhalla slowly lumbered away from the Time Dancer just as the noticeable effect of what be space itself being drilled into occurred, and the battleship was sucked into the FTL subspace corridor.

The humanoid robot appeared, dressed up as a waiter and there was a pixelated smiling face with a rather French looking mustache on it.
"Hello, officers of Valhalla," it said in a digitized, yet masculine voice, "I am FJ," he introduced as he rolled around the table, pouring fine wine into several glasses for them.
On the other side of the dumb waiter, the rest of the crew could be seen taking their seats in the Mess Hall as well.
Captain Felix tapped his wineglass with a spoon and his face appeared on a screen in the other room for the rest of the crew to see.

"Gentlemen. We have finally done it," He began, "We have successfully bent time to our whim and travelled backwards. Of course, you all know this travel is merely a safety precaution for our real goal, which I wish I could divulge at this time, but there are reasons I cannot, as I explained when you all agreed to this job. But our first big success has been had. We are the first humans to travel through time!"

The crew all cheered loudly and the officers clapped.
"Now, I know it's been a while since you've all had a home cooked meal, do dig in!" Captain Felix finished and there was a mad rush for the food from the other side.
"I hope you gentlemen don't mind. They've been living off of grilled cheese, soup and beans for a little over a month now. We'll serve ourselves once they've settled."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus