Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo) Topic Starter

"Ti...time travel?" Dr. Stratos managed to stutter our, eyes wide and searching for some sort of recognition that this was a joke.

"Oh calm down Michael! You act like that is the most amazing thing considering all we've been through," Dr. Lucas Rodden replied, as he unwrapped his napkin and waiting for the mad rush to end. "You would seriously think, after we have fought against god-like beings, plunged into other dimensions, saw a psychokinetic being wipe out an entire solar system, time travel is on the lower end of the "Oooh ahh" list."

"It might actually be the Doc's job to be amazed by everything that breaks our understanding of physics," Lt. Colonel Follox quipped. "Found out I was a super human, and damn near went berserk!"

Dr. Stratos began to get flustered again, "I resent that statement! I was just merely surprised that any research in the field of genetically augmenting humans actually occurred."

Before anyone else could respond, all four of their radios chirped on with the voice of Major Kareem Wills, "This is a General Alert, the Valhalla has just jumped away from the area and deployed the King's Guard -which has to be the stupidest name for a squadron- along with support small craft. Getting in contact with the squadron leader at the moment."

They all shifted uneasy at the news, but Captain Nikoli held his composure.

He touched his headset, and activated the mic, "Acknowledged Major. Chief Dext you on the line?

"Chief Dext here," the young head engineer replied on the radio. "Everything is fine on our end so I doubt we'll need any support at the moment. They are remarkably accommodating and their technology seems like centuries ahead of ours. I'm almost thinking it IS from centuries ahead of ours."

"Alright," Nikoli said, as he rubbed his chin. "There should be order filtering through for you both. Prep a SITREP to give me after this dinner, but report to me if it is utmost urgent. Nikoli out."

Captain Nikoli turned to their host Captain Felix, "It would seem a situation has arise that my ship my attend to. Additional support has been deployed should you or I require it, but from what my people have told me, everything is in order so we don't have to worry about it until after the dinner."

The white and blue swirls of the FTL subspace corridor flashed by on the viewscreen in the Bridge area, as Lt. Commander Tonia Liala sat at her station, eyes once again blank and staring forward; a sign that she was once again integrated into the ship's systems.

"Navigator Liala," called Commander Cigol, as he approached her area. His eyes too drawn to the swirls and flashes of white and blue. "Estimated time until arrival?"

"ETA is currently 22 minutes, 43 seconds and counting," she responded in both her normal and digitized voice. "Ship's scanners show no contacts."

"Thank you Lt. Commmander," the Exec said, before turning on his heel, back toward the CIC.

"Was there something else you wanted Commander?" Liala asked, blinking into existence on a nearby displays.

"Not really. Was curious as to whether or not you were paying attention to navigation of the ship, or rummaging through the ship's computer," he responded as he continued on his way.

"You are aware I can do both completely fine Sir. I am after all a machine," she responded, appearing on another set of unused displays.

Cigol nodded, "A machine? Hm, I am also a machine, albeit a biological one, just like everyone else here. I understand your point though. However, that doesn't mean you are immune to our faults though. The data alone shows increased power diverted to the task of diagnostics."

"Meaning?" Tonia said, as she placed her hands on her hips.

"You are distracted Lt. Commander. And yes I am fully aware of your capabilities, but you are not as simple as a zero/one, true/false machine. You have your..."quirks" persay," responded the Commander, as he began to look over a few hard copy sheets.

Liala sighed, "Fine fine. I'll let it to the spooks and focus on my regular job."

With that she plopped out of existence on the screen and Commander Cigol kept reading over the reports.

"Thank you Navigator Liala."

Navigator Tonia Liala, unhooked herself from the ship's systems, but made sure to keep a doppelganger and un-wired link to them to keep her updated. She heard the Commander thank her and simply rolled her eyes, and gave a slight grin.

"Yeah yeah..."
OOC: My ship is from the Sci Fi universe Warhammer 40k, with my own little twists. She is a Generalfeldmarschall class Battle Barge.

Her stats as follows:
Service Date: ?-?
Role: One man Army Battleship
Length: Unknown, but around 2-5 kilometers, max.
Height: 1 kilometer, including towers
Width: 1.5 kilometers
Class: Generalfeldmarshcall
Decks: 20, because most of it is hanger, drop pod, and guns
Crew Compliment: (Military Sized, Fully loaded) around 1,000 SS officers over the rank of lieutenant, One SS Field Marshal, ten SS Generals, 1,000 Space Marines, 100 Dreadnoughts, 10,000 Imperial Guardsmen, 400pilots, and around 2,500 crew members for the guns, and 1,000 engineers.

Small craft: 150 Thunderhawk Gunships, 250 Lightning class Fighters, 100 drop pods, 50 scouting drones
Boarding craft: 200 boarding torpedoes, 100 one man torpedoes, 50 Breach Torpedo cannons

Shields: 50 Void Shield Generators, 10 backup generators
Defense: 50 Heavy 152mm FLaK cannon turrets, 100 light 100mm FLaK cannon turrets, 100 AA class Valkarie Anti Fighter missile launchers

Offense: 1 Nova Cannon, 5 triple barreled 800mm turrets, 10 AS class Valkarie Anti Ship missile launchers, 10 Hellraiser class Anti Ship cannons (Five on each side), 5 ISBM launchers

Propulsion: Standard Plasma cored, air and water cooled engines x10, 200 maneuver thrusters, 1 Warp Drive

Additional info:
This ship is on a peaceful mission, but WILL engage in combat IF NEEDED. In other words, you shoot it up...bye! Tell me if it's too big, and I'll fix it up. No, Im NOT a nazi. SS means Home Defenders. Its an Elite army.
Our Warp drives can take us anywhere from 10 days to jump across the galaxy, to 2 months. We basically go through our own hell, and back.

Picture:
Cannons: http://3dcgac.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/bb-weapons_1.jpg
BattleBarge_Coteaz.jpg

IC: "Sir, unexpected objects at these projected coordinates. They are in the way of our Warp Drives. We cannot pass by them that easily. Wait, one just jumped to FTL," The command station went quiet while the 1st Lieutenant spoke up, angling his head to look at Ascrith. Field Marshal of The Emperor's SS, Ascrith Taranis walked down from the top of the room to take a look at the scanners. They were around 20 minutes out by Warp drive. That was around 1 day or so of normal maximum travel.

"Very well. Take us out of Warp. I want full speed on the normal thrusters. Take us in at an angle of 45 degrees. I want shields at the ready, and missiles loaded. As soon as we get out, send a scout drone to check what is going on." Ascrith moved away from the computer and sat in his Captain's chair, usually reserved for the Captain of the ship.

Ascrith was wearing the standard battle garb of the Imperial Guardsmen SS Field Marshal unit, which was black and white in color. It was a long trench coat, with medals on the right side, and the large Double Eagle in front of the SS lightning symbol. That was the sign of a Field Marshal of the SS, which was the only field marshal in the army. He had long hair, down to his neck. On his waist was a belt with two holsters in it for Bolt Pistols, and a sword. He wore scout armor underneath, with a plate of adamant in front of his chest.

Soon, the ship exited warp space, and Ascrith stared at the windows in front of him. He could see the ships in the distance, and knew they were in communication range. Ascrith touched a button on the control panel, and began to speak.

"Greetings. This is Field Marshal Ascrith of the Generalfeldmarschall class ship the HMS Bismarck. Please state your name, destination, origin, and status,"

The Valhalla roared through the FTL subspace corridor toward its destination.

Navigator Liala sat at her station, tapping away at the keyboard, waiting for them to drop. A contact suddenly emerged on her screens, but before she could call it out, the ship began to shake horribly, the shock frames on the chair activating automatically. The Valhalla was suddenly violently flung out of the FTL corridor.

Liala checked her board to make sure there was nothing waiting for them, before turning back to see if everyone else was alright. She caught sight of the Executive Officer, appear to be a trance-like state and grew immediately concerned.

"Commander...sir are you alright? Commander Cigol?"

"Report," called out Commander Cigol immediately in response, brow raised and appearing non-disturbed, as his eyes diverted to scan the tactical displays attached to the captain's chair.

"Unknown, Commander," responded Liala, who's gaze lingered on the Commander before returning to scan over her own screens for what the hell just happened. "Data is incoming, but I can't gain a wireless link to the ship."

"One problem at a time Commander. Have we reached the system?" Cigol asked.

Liala shook her head, "Negative. We're just about close to the gravity well, say 2 minutes out."

"Very well. Engines to full, we'll proceed in normal space," ordered the Commander. "Ty get me Briten on the line please."

Comm Officer Ty nodded and the Commander turned toward Chief Tactical and Security Officer Nai'ti.

"Mr. Nai'ti damage report?"

"No damage to report Commander. Our shield grid had a small hiccup and then came back up. Otherwise weapons and shields fully operational," Nai'ti reported.

When she finished, Briten's face popped up on one of the displays attached to the captain's chair and he wasn't looking all too happen. "I'll be up on the deck momentarily Commander, but I do have some data to report."

Commander Cigol nodded, indicating to go on.

"Not much to glean on, but there's two thing our scanners did pick up. One, was a large gravitation disturbance very similar to how our FTL drive works. One of the FTL techs can probably better explain it, but in short, what ever that was that went by us was utilizing some sort of subspace method, that wasn't on the same level as ours," the Intelligence Officer explained.

"You say "went by us" Lieutenant. Are you inferring that it wasn't a mishap of our own FTL drive, or a cosmic anomaly?" Commander Cigol asked.

"Yes sir, at that is kinda the basis of our current theory, which happens to lead into the second thing," Briten said, as a new screen appeared, and his own shrunk into the upper corner. "Our scanners also picked up something else. It actually disappeared off our scanners before all our systems glitched up and we exited the subspace corridor. From what the computer is telling us, we believe it to be a ship Commander...and a big one at that."

"And its headed toward the Time Dancer and the Captain," Commander Cigol added, with a brow raised.

"Yes sir. the FTL techs and theorists all say that a ship that size with an FTL drive operating on a different level than ours could possible send out large displacement waves. Similar to what we did when we reversed the polarity of our on and that of the Ursans phasing FTL drives."

"I see," the Commander said in thought. "Is there anyway to counteract that from happening again?"

"They tell me its as simple as modifying a tuning fork. Sort of having it operate on multiple levels at the same time," Briten responded.

"Very well," Cigol effectively ending the conversation. "We will proceed to assist who ever sent out the distress call and return back to the Captain's position with haste."

"Picking up a message. Seems to be audio only, but I am having trouble localizing the frequency and bandwidth," reported Comm Officer Ty.

"Keep at it Lieutenant."

Captain Nikoli and his party sat at the table enjoying their plates. He thought at first he had to keep an eye on the Lt. Colonel, having heard about the more than..."pig like manner" the marines attacked and ate their food, but that didn't seem to be the case.

On the other hand Dr. Stratos was merely taking nibbles at his food, peeping up now and then, waiting for an opportunity to learn more about the Time Dancer and its crew.

"So Captain Felix, will we be privy to what this mysterious cargo is? Or why you have traveled time?"
Other characters (played by EonRising)

"Perhaps if we can trust you enough... You all seem trustworthy though. I'll have to divulge after dinner in my office," he said, "I can tell you why we did travel through time. It's to protect our cargo."
With that, he stood and got himself another plate of food.
"Why did your ship jump?" came the simulated voice of FJ. He was a curious robot and though he had knowledge of many human customs programmed into him, he liked to learn things first hand.

"Your guesses is as good as mine at the moment FJ," Nikoli said as he dabbed away the imaginary crumbs on his chin. "I am hoping that my people can tell-"

"Captain," the Major's voice chirped over his radio interrupting him. "Guys outside saying they just picked up a something on their LRS and what ever it is, is huge. An audio transmission was sent too. The guys on this ship should be getting in now."

"Thank you Major," replied Captain Nikoli. "Seems there is someone else, another ship, here Captain Felix. My pilot says an audio transmission was just sent. A friend of yours?"

Captain Nikoli waited eyes on Captain Felix. Lt. Colonel Follox appeared to have gotten really tense and was scanning the area on the alert. Dr. Stratos and Dr. Lucas Rodden were curious what was going on and simply not paying much in the way of attention respectively.
"Sir, no response. Do you want me to raise the shields?" The 1st SS Lieutenant asked. Ascrith stared out for a second, then thought about it. No, it wouldn't be nice. They would get the wrong idea, and might start firing. He didn't want to try that prototype cannon, but if it came down to it, he'd screw them up with the Nova cannon. But he wanted a commanding prescience there. A hacked video would be great for that.

"Hack their video systems. Start up a video message of me. I want them scared out of their minds, but not too scared to start shooting us up. Disable some of their response abilities. I want this broadcasted on every frequency in this range, to both ships. Get this done in five minutes, now. NOW," Ascrith ordered, then stood up, preparing for the video message he would send. It would be a live feed for all of them. Including their ship, so they knew what they were getting ready for.

"Yes sir. Comms hacked. You are live in 3...2...1... Now," The computer systems officer said, and gave the signal.

"Greetings fellow captains, crew, and guests of these ships. This is Generalfeldmarshcall Ascrith Taranis of the SS of the Army, Navy, and Air Force of HRA. We have approached each of your ships in time, and we will request that both of you leave our airspace. We will be taking names, ranks, cargo, and positions. I repeat, you are in HRA airspace. Please leave the airspace of the colony New HRA. If you do not reply within 30 minutes, we will board your ship. I repeat, we will board your ship,"

Ascrith stood up tall, giving a commanding presence. He smiled to himself. This would be interesting.

"All our friends are in the future," Felix commented and stood, "Well, this has put a rather grim shadow over the occasion," he sighed, "At least we're not I'm their airspace. I would consider heading back to your ship though. You are welcome back whenever you are ready though," he smiled a bit, "We'll probably be stuck here until we can find and I stall our back up coolant system."

Captain Nikoli nodded and rose from his chair, "Thank you for the hospitality. However as far as getting back to my ship, I don't think that will be at all possible at the moment. I'll go get some updates from my people, but it might be a good idea to see what this General Field Marshall want..."

"We're have entered the system Commander," reported Liala.

"Initiate scan," ordered Commander Cigol.

"Sir, I'm picking up two incoming data trans-"

Everything seemed to blank out for a moment, as alarms began to sound.

Warning, cyber attack detected. Warning, cyber attack detected.

Everyone immediately began the "Turing Protocol," locking down their systems manually, while the computer/Liala attempted to purge the system of it. It all happened fast, and surely enough the hacking attempt didn't last long.

"Report," called out the Commander.

"Commander, an attempt to hack our communications network occurred just a few moments ago. The data worm which was transmitted is currently being purged by me and the computers," exclaimed Intelligence Officer Briten. "All systems have been reverted into de-centralization mode though."

"Also Commander, the first transmission we received seems to have come from the same source as the one we received earlier. I was able to get a transcript of the audio before containment. It appears this is a colony of a faction called HRA and we are in their airspace. They wish our names, ranks, cargo, and positions. Signed off by a Generalfeldmarshcall Ascrith Taranis of the SS of the Army, Navy, and Air Force of HRA, with 30 minutes to reply. End," reported Comm Officer Ty.

"Ugh," said Lt. Commander Liala as she appeared on another screen, rubbing out a headache. "That guy surely does seem full of himself. And isn't this colony ours? Just in Freespace?"

"Thank you Mr. Ty and yes Lt. Commander. This was set up as a colonial outpost a decade ago," Commander Cigol said as he rose his brow in thought. "However it appears this General Field Marshall states he has claim over it. What about the other transmission Lieutenant Briten?"

"There was nothing in that one, except further elaboration on the distress call," Briten reported, as he worked furiously at his console. "They note that the unknown ships that came to their planet, came from a single source they could barely detect. Then the transmission went silent."

Commander Cigol sat in thought, analyzing the situation. "It appears we are in quite another unique situation."

"That's an understatement," Liala chirped.

"In any case, we have a duty to ensure the safety and security of all our colonies and outposts," Cigol continued. "Navigator Liala, full power to engines and take us to the nearest Lagrange point near the colony. Lieutenant Nai'ti power shields to maximum and get our long range weaponry placed on standby. Lieutenant Briten, continue to make sure all, and I do mean all our vital systems are purged, and make sure what ever backdoor is being utilize, is sealed shut immediately. Go ask the Chief Petty Officer if he has a few enlisted that know about systems networking. Comm Officer Ty, send the alert to have a squadron placed on stand by, send a general greeting to the colony, and get ready to send a message to the General."

Everyone shot back acknowledgments and Communications Officer Ty gave Commander Cigol the go ahead.

"Generalfeldmarshcall Ascrith Taranis of the SS of the Army, Navy, and Air Force of HRA, this is Commander Cigol Nikephoros of the Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla. I must make it aware, that we do not tolerate nor are we pleased at any attempts to hijack any of our systems, and should further attempts be undertaken against this ship, they will be considered as hostile actions and we will defend ourselves accordingly."

Commander Cigol paused a moment, raising a brow, letting that soak in for the commander of the other ship, but not betraying a speck of emotion on his face.

"We do welcome you to our colony in Freespace, though it appears that you have a dispute to that claim, to which we hope can be settled in a more rational and logical fashion. However, we have received a distress call from the aforementioned colony system and as per our orders, will continue onward in our investigation to ensure they are safe and secure."

Commander Cigol once again paused before, continuing.

"I shall however make aware once again, that any forced attempts to board our vessel, will be considered hostile action. Valhalla out."

The link cut and Comm Officer Ty looked over, "Message sent Commander. Should be a bit before they receive it and transmit a message."

"Thank you," said the Executive Officer. "Briten and Lieutenant Nai'ti, make sure you're also keeping an eye on those scanners."
(Holy mother of God... Can I join?)

Random Characters wrote:
(Holy mother of God... Can I join?)

((OOC: Sure, just take a moment to read the OP on the first page, abide by the rules, and finally create an interesting way to join in on))

"In that case, I'd like to invite you to our Green room," Captain Felix offered and wiped his mouth as he stood. FJ moved to the large wooden doors and opened them for the officers.

Felix led the way to a room a bit further down the hall and opened the door for his guests and officers.
The room inside had plush, brown carpet and dark green walls with a sky blue cieling. The walls were lined with various plants, both fruiting and not.
Captain Felix plucked a strawberry from a bush and tossed it to Nicoli, "All natural," he smiled, "And not in the bad way."

((OOC: Any responses HRA or Dragon Felix?

And I thought it be nice to do a little recap/summary for those simply watching or thinking to join:

-The Coalition Alliance Defense Vessel Valhalla, under Captain Nikoli is sent to the outer boarder for patrol when they discover what appears to be a wormhole
-A human timeship, Time Dancer, under Captain Felix reveals himself to be human, his ship has an AI named FJ, somewhat damaged ("missing pieces", the Captain explains), and carries a mysterious cargo
-Nikoli and a few of his crew accept Felix's invite to dinner, while also dispatching repair teams to help the damaged vessel
-The Valhalla receives a distress call from a nearby colonial outpost and responds, while keeping a support squadron behind for the Captain
-The HMS Bismark under Field Marshall Taranis pops on to the scene and detects the two vessels; sends a message to both vessels only to gain no response. Sends another message a bit more forcibly
-Time Dancer has yet to respond to the HMS Bismarck; Valhalla has responded making aware their intentions to investigate the distress call, despite the dispute over the territorial claim of the system, and should any hostile action be taken against them, they will respond accordingly))

(The Time Dancer isn't damaged in and of itself, persay... X3 the big cannon on top (Atlas) is malfunctioning but there is no real damage. It's just... Missing some pieces.)
((Let it be known that Generalfeldmarshcall is German, and it stands for Field Marshal. Sorry for the inconvenience. XD. Okay, so I believe that you WILL find that the colony has been invaded by HRA? Also, mind if we turn this into a land battle, too? I have a few hundred imperial guardsmen who are just DYING to meet your bullets! HRA is also an empire. XD))

"So, any replies to our message, Lieutenant? I wish to know," Ascrith said, and he was wearing his Primarch Armor at the time. It was black, with a white trip on the edges. He had an old cap on from World War Two, the one that belonged to Erwin Rommel. However, he had the SS lightning bolts put on it, the Nazi symbol scratched out and replaced with the HRA symbol, and the hat enlarged. He had a black cape that flowed over his shoulder.

"Yes, sir. One. It did not give us exactly what we asked for, but we confirmed that it was, in fact, a battleship, sir. It said that it was going for our colony. We have also gotten a message from the man in charge down there, sir. The battle has been raging for a couple of days now, and they haven't made much progress. They have, however, hit the lines very hard with an assault of ten Space Marines, out of only 20 that they have. They were obliterated by a large artillery shell shortly after ripping through enemy lines," The 1st Lieutenant responded, looking at his console. "The other ship has not replied at all,"

"Very well, Lieutenant. How long have we waited?"

"20 minutes, sir. Orders?"

"Start the engines on full. I want that ship boarded in ten minutes if they do not reply. You get that?" Ascrith said, and the man nodded. Then he opened up a comm with the rest of the ship, and stood tall. "Boarding party one, I want you at the Thunderhawks immediately. If there is no response, we will board the ship and find out what is going on. If Boarding Party One is shot down, I want Two and Three out in ten seconds by torpedo, is that understood? Ascrith out,"

"Sir," a voice came on over the intercom in the green room.
"Yes, Lieutenant Trayton?" Captain Felix asked after pushing a button on the wall. It seemed some of it was still a bit old fashioned tech.
"The other ship from the empire of HRA is still requesting a response."
"Alright. Send them the following message."

A message appeared aboard HMS Bismark's comms screen. The message didn't last long before the Time Dancer forced itself through and into the Bismark's comms.
"Hello, captain of HMS Bismark. I am Communications Officer Rachel Trayton of the Time Dancer. I would like to assure you that we mean no malign actions towards you and your crew. We are simply stuck at the moment and will be on our way once we have repaired our engine," the woman said, "My captain is available to speak with you if you deem it necessary, but he is currently debriefing our men."

((DOUBLE POST OOPS))

((OOC: Alrighty, updated the summary, so everything is clear.

Also, another note, the "storyline" isn't one set in stone. Just like life, whatever happens is based on the decisions we each make and react to, etc. However should there come a time, I will step in and nudge things a certain way, so it doesn't get out of control.))

"These are quite delicious Captain," Nikoli said as he sampled the berry. "But I think-"

"Captain," Major Kareem Will's voice squawked over the radio. "One of the scouts from the squadron is reportin' that ship, the Bismarck is coming in hot and fast!"

They all turned away and huddled togather, as the Captain activated his comm link, "Do you know its combat status?"

"Negative, they say they didn't pick up any energy spikes or detect the opening of gun ports," the Major responded.

"Captain I am not happy about this," Lt. Colonel interjected. "The Valhalla gets called away and then this warship shows up. Doesn't smell right at all."

"Perhaps we should contact them Captain," pipped Dr. Startos in a strained whisper. "I mean has the Time Dancer acknowledged the hail? Or is there a really a reason for them not to?"

They turned back around and their eyes fell onto Captain Felix and his crew.

"It would be good to see what this Marshall wants and buy us some time," Captain Nikoli said, breaking the rising tension, with his officers. "At the same time, we have to ensure that our people are safe and secure. Meaning, if this ship is hostile, we will have to defend the Time Dancer too..."

Commander Cigol Nikephoros, one arm folded, as the other held his chin. He was watching the small planet rotate on the viewscreen, and was awaiting back information from the very valuable and expensive reconnaissance drones they released, the moment the moment they reached Lagrange Point 2, currently about 45 minutes from the colony.

There came a rhythmic beep and Briten analyzed his screen before looking up to the Commander, "Sir, the drone has picked up activity on the surface. The colonials are under attack..."
"Very well, Officer Trayton. We will send over a few of our best tech marines to assist you in your problem. As will I. Please open bay doors 1 and 2 for our Thunderhawks. Ascrith out," Ascrith smiled. He pressed his armored gauntlet against the console, and walked out of the room, going to the Hanger Bay. The order he had given was rather special. It was, in the occasion that the ship gets fired upon, Ascrith and his men would be teleported back by a homing beacon, and the guns would lock on to their last known positions.

He was about to walk into his Gunship, when he got a message from the 1st Lieutenant. It sounded urgent, so he patched it through the Gunships's speakers. Instantly, the voice shouted over the PA system on the small Thunderhawk.

"Sir, I believe that Valhalla knows what we are up to, sir. Do you want us to open gun ports?"

Ascrith thought a second, then strapped himself in. If they needed to, they would, but they weren't about to smash their opponents like a boot when this new ship came in.

"Not yet. Wait for them to move closer. If they open gun ports, open fire. That's an order,"

And with that, the Gunship's door slammed shut, and he heard the vehicle turn ninety degrees. Now it was facing the closed bay doors of Hanger 10. Inside the Gunship was Ascrith, the Captain, and two Space Marine SS guards, who were to make sure that nothing happened. But it probably wasn't needed. They waited, then the bay doors opened, and the Gunships from Hanger 10 and 5 shot into space, searching for the open bay doors of the other ship.

"Sir! I don't believe that it is necesary!" Lieutenant Trayton protested, "We are already getting assistance from the Valhalla. We have no need for your support but thank you very much."
When she realized she was getting no response from them again, she commed Captain Felix.
"Captain, we may or may not have a problem. I think they're going to send some people over to assist with repairs..."
"Do not open the hanger bay doors, Lieutenant. I'll be there in a moment," he sighed then turned back to his guests and pulled out a box of cigars, "These are 50 years old where I'm from," he said, "Very good, aged tobacco," he smiled and set the box down for the officers who desired them then opened a mini fridge and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and about 20 shot glasses, each a different color. "Have fun," he smiled then left the room.

"Captain!" called out Nikoli, but it was too late. Captain Felix had already left the room.

Captain Nikoli let out a few Russian curses before calming himself.

"What are your orders Cap'n?" Follox asked, eying the officers in the room with them.

"To figure out, just what the hell is going on," Captain Nikoli barked, as he strode angrily over to one of the officers.

"Either take me to your bridge, or back to the Hanger deck. And I mean NOW."

He stood there waiting for a response from the officer, as his eyes spoke of fury that resided deep inside.

Commander Cigol walked over to the command holodisplay, "Show me the scans."

Liuetenant Briten nodded and tapped a few keys, allowing the data to be displayed. "As you can see from the data there is nothing within orbit of the planet. Absolutely nothing."

"That we can detect," Chief Tactical and Security Officer Nai'ti interjected, as she joined the Commander at the table.

"Possibly Lieutenant. Me and the analysts deduce a 24% possibility that another warship is within range of the planet," Briten stated. "Disbarring that, there is nothing in orbit of the planet. The Main Communications Satellite Relay was completely destroyed. The scout drone managed to pick up some of its debris while entering the planet's atmosphere."

"That would explain why the distress suddenly cuts off. They must've manage transmit it just in time, so that it could loop through the secondary transmitters in the system," Communications Officer Ty noted.

Briten nodded, and the display changed its focus to the main colony area. The feed seemed to magnify a bit and went into time lapse mode. It didn't take long, before the saw the horror of what the Intelligence Officer said earlier.

Plumes, of explosions began to appear in and around the colony. The drone's camera, focused else where again, managing to get better views of the action from above.

"My god..." Lt. Nai'ti whispered in horror.

Everyone's eyes was caught by what was being displayed; large masses, seemingly bulldozing through the colonial defenders as if they were rag dolls and tissue paper.

The silence hung on the deck heavy, as everyone held their breaths and watched the gruesome scenes, that seemed all to familiar.

"Order Commander?" asked Liala, who was now standing to the side, her eyes too on the display.

All eyes fell onto Commander Cigol Nikephoros, and once again he found himself in all too familiar a situation. He didn't hestitate, and he turned to Comm Officer Ty and began listing out the orders in a calm fashion.

"Set Condition One, Combat Stations."

All throughout the ship klaxons began to blare, the alert was sounded. Crewman on standby, checked in to their superiors, while those that were sleeping in their bunks, immediately found themselves moving on controlled instinct and discipline, running to their stations. The CIC was no different, as officers began to move swiftly about to their areas and stations, getting the updates and debriefs.

Commander Cigol turned to Navigator Liala, "Navigator, bring us into orbit of the planet, offset of the main colony, engines ahead full. When that is underway, initiate the Merge Protocol and integrate into the ship."

Liala nodded and jogged off to the Bridge and Navigation area, letting loose a string of her own orders.

"Lieutenant Nai'ti," the Executive Officer called, as he took up his position in the captain's chair. "Bring shields to maximum and all weapons online. Communications Officer Ty, alert Fighter control to prepare two squadrons, one to deploy for air support, one on standby. Also, get me an open link to the planet, all channels."

Acknowledgements rang out.

"This is a Coalition Alliance battleship, assuming orbit around the planet," Commander Cigol, quickly checked the database for the colony's name. "Calypso. All hostile activity is to cease immediately against the citizens of the Coalition Alliance and the commanding officer is to respond immediately. Should the neither order be complied with in a timely fashion, this ship will undertake the necessary action to ensure the protection of the colonists. This includes your destruction."

The link cut and Commander Cigol looked back to Ty, "Another message, transmit to the the highest colonial authority still active."

Ty nodded and gave the sign.

"This is the Coalition Alliance ship, Valhalla. We have received your distress and will be sending aerial support. If you do not respond, we will assume, all communications have been compromised, civilian and military authority is no longer discernible, and/or hostile forces have captured civilian and military. Should that be true for any, the Valhalla will enact martial law, and act accordingly."

The link cut once again.

"Commander," Liala's digital avatar popped up on one of the chairs displays, her eyes glowing an eerie blue. "I am fully integrated into the ship's systems. I feel as she feel. Know as she know. Me and the Valhalla are one. We are ready."

"Very good. Please make sure all systems are probably secured and decentralized as much as possible and be prepared to respond to cyber attacks accordingly," the Commander ordered.

"They will not break through us this time Commander," Liala said with her digitized voice. "The Valhalla will not allow it."

With that she disappeared from his display and without much of a quip, Cigol turned toward Briten.

"Have you been able to locate the hostiles command and control? Or even who they are?"

"Negative," Briten said shaking his head. "getting floored with new information since we've brought scanners to active."

Commander Cigol nodded and returned his gaze to the small, ruby red, planet.

At once, its exotic planetary color, would've been a site to see. However, the color seemed more like the blood of the innocent that seeped into the core itself; now merely one of many constant reminders of those they failed to save.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus