Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Ascrith saw the man rushing at him, and ducked, the bullets missing his face. Some were embedded into his armor, and one ripped through his eye socket, just below the eyeball. The bone almost shattered, splitting up, and his eye disintegrating. He screamed out, but in anger. His super human form already began clotting up the wound, and trying to heal it. He would need a new eye.

But now was not the time to cry over spilled milk. In anger, he swung his foot, aiming straight for his attacker, while at the same time, drawing out his friend, God's Warrior. The stream of bullets that the enemy unleashed upon his men was great, and a small company of normal men would die instantly, but not theirs. Only one man died, and he died from neck wounds.

But that was enough to call upon death. Ascrith aimed his gun, a massive 25mm weapon, at the nearest attacker, and fired. The recoil would've shattered a normal man's arm, but not his. He held it with one hand, and aimed true, and fired fast.

The Bismarck was sitting pretty, moving very fast towards the Time Dancer. They were having a small war council on the bridge, with no secrecy. Everyone on board knew it was happening, but they didn't care. They knew that the situation was going to go from bad, to worse, for all of them, but this was how war happened.

The commander in charge, Colonel Braesk, sat at the head, examining the reports. They were undamaged, but they had good and bad news. It was discussed by everyone. They knew that there was still three ships, but beyond that, nothing.

"Major, I want a damage analysis," Colonel Braesk ordered, and waited. He got his response,

"Sir, they can't move very far. Chances are, they are going back to the Time Dancer to screw with our leader. But that's all. I have no information from Ascrith. We do know, however, that the Valhalla will be easy target for our fighters, which will most certainly enjoy torpedoing the enemy ship," Major Sanders said, and he held out a pad with information on it.

"Good, splendid, splendid. Continue at full speed, if possible, and order all men ready,"
Other characters (played by EonRising)

The moment the Field Marshal attacked, there was an extremely loud click as every single one of Felix's 50 attending marines rotated their barrels in perfect unison and then another click less than half a second later there was a whistling sound as low-dose tranquilizers began firing out of their assault rifles.
Captain Felix was with the good doctor and Captain Nicoli, helping to attend to his wounds.
"FJ!" he called out.
"Yes Captain?" the robotic voice responded. The AI had been watching the whole fight but was not allowed to intervene unless directed to.
"Activate the duck fighters!" Felix ordered.
"With pleasure," FJ responded and suddenly, from throughout the hangar, a loud mechanical whir sounded in more perfect unison than when the soldiers had switched munitions and the sound echoed throughout the hangar. Then another sound came, those of servos spinning and hyrdolic pistons stretching out. About 20 fighters suddenly stood up, their rear extensions folding down and revealing themselves to be legs as well as jet propulsion while flying.
The biggest one, a gunship, started speaking with the voice of FJ, but it's tone quickly warped and changed to a very angry, dark and deep one.
"Crew of the Bismark. I request that you cease fighting immediately or you will be eliminated," the gunship warned and two laser cannons folded out from under the wings. The fighters that had stood up all locked their weapons on the humans who had just entered, who FJ had identified when they entered the ship in such an unCordial way.
"Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood!" Captain Lysander responded to the gunship's orders. He had his jump pack ready to fly, and his thunder hammer on his back. Next to him, the Thunderhawk Gunship was activated, her shields up instantly. "Hit it!"

Two double barreled 35mm miniguns open fired onto the fighters, sending low caliber AA bullets (for them), into their probably shielded hide. The first one may not go through, nor should the second or third, but the 50th had a damned good chance of ripping through something. Lysander watched as Armor Piercing, Uranium Cored, High Explosive Anti Tank rounds shot into the armor, creating a loud noise. The whir of 4 miniguns screeching was nearly unbearable.

Lysander himself put on his helmet, took a running start, and jumped into the air, Thunder Hammer out and charged. His jump pack activated, and he went flying through the air, primed to strike, and heading for the Gunship.
Unknown Advanced Int (played by Zactrul)

Service Date: Uknown
Role: Capture Vessel
Length: 2150m
Height: 320m
Width: 1580m
Class: Omega V
Decks: 7
Crew Compliment: 2,000 [200 Officers, 1250 Enlisted, 550 Marines]
{EMERGENCY CREW COMPLIMENT}: 2,200

Available Small Craft Squadrons:
4x of 7x Assault Fighters
2x of 4x Bombers

Auxiliary Craft:
4x Troop Transport
4x Shuttles
2x B29-A Gunships
2x Multi-role P27-D Craft
2x Scout M17-B Craft

20x Multi-role Standard Ion Drone

Defensive Capabilities:
Mark IV Titan Shield Generator
Mark V Turnover Matrix (basically the faster it flips the stronger the shield *250 Km/s*)
25x Double Barrel HMG Kinetic, Flak Turrets
16x Mark II Point-Defense Rotary Lasers

Offensive Capabilities:
19x Particle Beam Cannons
16x MAPL/Railgun Ship to Ship Turrets
4x Mangum Torpedo Barrage (6 cell)
2x Hangar bays
5x Particle Beam Transporter (this is the capture vessel part it transports troops over)

Power Planet:

B-AV 57 Plasma core w/ 3 Emergency Reactors

Propulsion:

1x Hyperspace Module
6x Standard Drives
2x Combustitory Plasmic Revolver Engine (6 barrels per engine these give the ship a turn boost and speed boost)

will find pic later (sorry)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
What seemed to be just another hulk of metal, was really a ship meant to capture and kill. This ship runs with a mechanical crew no lifesigns would be detected unless they had prisoners on board.
The hyperspace method is quite different, instead of warping in at intense speed, the ship sits in one place and what seems like a large square is it's hyperspace method it eats up the ship and disappears then reappears in its destination not too long after. it was called the ~Tarkat Nictov~

IC~
A hyperspace signal appeared, as if it wanted to be detected. Then a large square came into view of the ship, it hovered from one place to another revealing a ship whilst it moved, then the square disappeared leaving the ship at it's destination. It did not move but instead observed, waiting for something to happen.

The gunship turned to the other one that was firing at it. Yes, the bullets were starting to go through, but not all the way through the shields, which were more advanced than anything from this era.
The two cannons on the side began to glow blue and then a short range, high energy laser beam shot towards the hostile gunship.
Several of the fighters had turned towards Ascrith and were now firing their machine guns towards him and several more marines were trying to tranquilizer him.

"Captain Felix! Another ship has pulled out of hyperspace! It is not HRA aligned sir. What should we do?" Officer Trayton said into his comm unit.
"Send them an S.O.S," Felix ordered, "Explain what's happening. You saw it all, right?"
"Yes Sir. Hailing them now."

The message appeared through the unnamed vessels communications, forcing itself through.
"This is Communications Officer Trayton of the Time Dancer. Our crew is currently in trouble and we are being attacked with out provocation by the HRA. If you are able, we would like some assistance," she said as calmly as she could but still couldn't hidde her worry.

The message came through to the ~Tarkat Nictov~ and it turned its side towards the vessel of which gave out the message. A structure came out of the side of the ~Tarkat Nictov~ in which it emitted a pre-recorded message. "This is the ~Tarkat Nictov~ we have recieved your message and are currently scanning your vessel for any unidentified radiation signatures that may be hazardous to our own" As the message played back through the vessels radio, the hangar bays of the ~Tarkat Nictov~ opened and a few Ion drones flew out flying in a bizarre flight pattern. A new pre-recorded message sounded through "what is it that you require assistance fellow commander?" the message repeated itself two times before stopping and the drones were floating waiting for an order
The lasers ripped into the shields, breaking apart the first layer, and wounding the second layer. But it would take more than that to get through. Immediately, the void shields began regenerating and venting the energy absorbed, and recreated the first layer of shielding. Then it got pissed. It took off into the air, and shot forward, out of the bay, guns firing at the first gunship. It open fired with its main double barreled 60mm cannons, and four Valkarie missiles. At that time, it also shot two Lance weapons. The noise inside was deafening from the destruction.

Lysander hit the gunship with his foot first, smashing into the shields. They were slippery, but growing weaker. Not too hard to get through, though. He slammed his hammer down onto the cockpit, all the energy stored inside the Thunder Hammer ripping into the shields, and creating a massive shockwave that almost shot him into the air, if not for his jump pack.

Ascrith got on one knee, his one good eye almost shedding a tear of desperation and fear. But he would not be afraid. He was a space marine. Fear wasn't their thing. His one good eye no longer had that fear in it. No longer was it teared up. No, it was glowing. Glowing a white hot glow.

"I... Am... Ascrith. I am a Space Marine, and I SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!" He shouted, and let loose a burst of Psychic energy. Now his bad eye was repairing itself, and bolts of raw and pure energy seemed to emit from it. His sword glowed white hot, then red, and burst into flames, but did not melt or smoke. He aimed God's Warrior at the nearest fighter, and fired, a large explosion emitting from the gun, like an artillery piece. It was propelled by his Psychic power, and fueled with it. It hit the thing with a massive force, exploding on contact.

Before he could see that explosion, though, he sliced his sword through the air, hitting the ground, and letting loose a stream of fire on the ground towards the fifty marines, and exploding up as soon as it hit them.

Lysander never actually made contact with a shield, he actually went through it as he could see a pale blue low around his ankles where it was making contact with the defense system. Te thunder hammer though, was stopped in it's tracks and all that momentum went right back up Lysdander's arms, making his whole body shudder in an almost cartoonish way.
The lazer cannons were recharged and firing again almost as soon as the first two made contact and the super heated beams began to repeatedly blast at the hostile gunship, each round getting faster and faster as the cannons warmed up.
The fighter that Ascrith shot at went skidding backwards but never ceased shooting at the hostiles, it's machine guns dancing around with terrifying precision. The same could be said for each weapon on the fighters actually.
The marines fell back and the injured ones were pulled away but by now darts were covering the Field Marshall's body and injecting all of the tranquilizing agent into his body.
"You made the first move!" Felix called out, "If a war starts, it is your fault, Field Marshall!"

"Commander?" Lieutenant Trayton asked herself before responding, "We have hostile members of the HRA alliance aboard our ship. We request assistance in subduing them, not killing them if possible."

The ~Tarkat Nictov~ gave off a signal indicating it recieved the order and the transporter beams activated on the main Vessel. one by one in groups of three mechanical troops with weaponry were teleported into the Time Dancers bridge, the lights on their chests green signaling friendly and no threats detected in the area. At the same time the Particle Beam Cannons on the Vessel were activated as well and had begun firing upon the Field Marshal's ship with a large beam trailing almost every second then the Time dancer recieved one last message from the vessel "your assistance is being transported as requested please standby" it repeated three times before ending the transmission and the structure that had been deployed retreated back into the side of the ~Tarkat Nictov~

Everybody in the Time Dancer's bridge let out a startled gasp as the mechanized soldiers appeared. Yes, in the future there were a lot of robotic soldiers, so they weren't scared, just startled.
"Um... Thank you, Tarkat Niktov," Lieutenant Trayton said then looked at the soldiers, figuring they were for her to command if temporarily.
"Go to the hangar bay, subdue all hostiles but refrain from killing anyone unless it is absolutely necesary," she ordered them.
((Sorry, but I'm a little sensitive to godmod. No, I'm not saying you did, I'm just saying I used to see them everywhere. Just a little tip. I'll let this one slide, but next time, could you not control my character? Lysander did happen to swing his hammer, because there's no way to stop that, because he's wearing a full metal suit. Artificer Armor. But, I'll let that one slide. :) I'll just say that it didn't go through the shield at first, K? Sound okay to you?
Also, Ascrith is also wearing a set of Primarch Armor, which a 35mm round would have a little trouble going through. Just wanted you to know. :)
But I'd prefer a little bit more detail, please? Could you? I don't know if the round ripped through the shields or anything, but I'm assuming it did, because that was covered in runes that were meant to go through psychic shields.))

Lysander jumped back, distraught a bit by his first failure. However, he jumped back into the fray with his hammer, determined to rip through the shields. Below, Ascrith ran towards the retreating soldiers, not even feeling any sort of tranquilizer. It just flew off the edges of his armor. He fired a shot into the nearest man, watching as it exploded. He charged, sword at the ready. It was crackling with energy. If he wanted to, he could crush every person here, but he didn't want to.

The Bismarck watched as the enemy's weapons were woefully out of range, and laughed, slowly making it's way towards them. They aimed the hull, and went full speed ahead. They knew what was going to happen. That's when the wall of fire and destruction hit them. Their shields began shrugging off the first attacks, but there wasn't much the shields could do.

They fired the Nova Cannon, twice, right at the ship. Two massive 700 foot wide shells streaked across the space, making their way towards the doomed ship. Then they broadsided, opening up the guns and bays. Plasma, lance weapons, 800mm guns, and 60 foot cannons began shelling the enemy. Valkarie Anti Ship missiles opened up into the darkened sky, giving the black ship's position away.

Swordfish torpedo bombers, fighters, and dive bombers began flying through space, going towards the enemy ship. It would be a deadly encounter.

The Standard Ion Drones launched from the hangar bay of the Tarkat Nictov and flew towards the enemy fighter class vessels readying weapons and begun firing upon the fighters, bombers, and dive bombers.
While on the bridge of the Time Dancer the drones that were given an order had started their march towards the hangar bay of the ship in a very organized fashion, while the shields of the Capture Vessel held it activated it's torpedo pods and fired at the marshals ship the projectiles rolling in such a fashion. The main Double Barrel HMG flak turrets opened fire at the bombers.

OOC~ this is what the Tarkat Nicto looks like sorry I didn't provide a picture earlier
turian-dreadnought-28.jpg
They may have survived the Valkarie bombardment, but the shells would surely be worse for them. The Lance cannons were the first to hit them, moving at nearly the speed of light. Their massive power plants continued to generate massive amounts of energy, creating huge explosions when they hit. The heavy FLaK open fired into the enemy torpedoes, sending huge amounts of shrapnel into them. One by one, they exploded, and Anti Missile Valkaries began taking out the ones that made it past the wall of FLaK.

The bombers themselves vastly outnumbered any drone attack they could bring upon them, but that didn't mean that they were going to all live. Two exploded in a fiery inferno, and five fighters blasted to shreds. But that was all that they could do. The Bomber's 35mm minigun turrets began opening fire, double miniguns firing at huge rates, spraying shells across the space like nothing. They moved fast, and aimed true. Quad barreled Lascannon turrets also began opening fire, spraying deadly lasers across the dark.

The fighters also reacted, breaking formation to attack the drones. Gunships open fired with their 50mm double barreled main cannons, two of them, 6 20mm guns, 12 lasguns, and their three Lascannons. It was a bloody battle. Fighters began spraying their four 21mm guns, and their eight lasguns into the enemy, and their one lone Lascannons would rip through small shields.
Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo) Topic Starter

((WHOA WHOA KIDS SETTLE DOWN!! LOL Am currently reading up on everything since me and HRAs throwdown on Eon's ship (sorry EON! :P). Will respond and make adjustments accordingly))

((Alrighty, so we have a new ship in play now, a futuristic robotic AI controlled one Im guess. The stats look fine, so yeah its legit.

HRA is right, dont control others characters. Instead make sure your responses are worded in a way which a followed response could be given, even if its say, I rammed into your ship and activated the self destruct with 5 seconds.

And there's probably going to be some efficiency reductions on a few things, but as it stands, Ill just do a sort of general state, the Time Dancer and Bismarck are at the same status level, the the Tarkat Nictov is a little better of than most though it received some moderate damage (and currently looks to get dealt some very heavy hits). The Valhalla is at the bottom.

Fair enough?))
((Fist bump! You worded that perfectly, my poetic opponent! But if I may say this, I think it will, too, get the point across:

You can respond to anything another person says. If he says he rammed me, and activated his self destruct [good luck. XD], then I can say:
The ship reeled with the force of the enemy vessel slamming into it, tipping nearly on it's side in the depths of space. Inside, metal groaned and screeched as it was contorted and torn into massive bits of shrapnel. The side Hellraiser cannons imploded in in themselves as the hull smashed them apart, and the ammunition inside burst apart, creating an equally devastating explosion. The Bismarck ripped in half, one end caught in the gravitational field of a nearby planetary body, the other half still propelled.

Crews scrambled to get to the escape pods, but it was all for naught. Even as the doors sealed themselves shut on the open areas, they were still doomed. The commander in chief, Colonel Braesk, stared in disbelief as the ship was compromised. He said nothing, but just stared as it began to break. His mouth hung down in amazement, and his eyes showed true acceptance of his fate. He looked down at his feet, and said his famous last words: "I am a Space Marine. I know no fear, but if I don't, I suppose this is the closest damned thing to it,"

The explosion from the self destruct sent a fireball the size of both ships into the space they used to occupy, ripping apart all life that may have been, but now was no more. The bridge was ripped to shreds, tossed into nothingness, then engulfed in the flames, before the fire died in less than a second. It all happened so fast. No one on board the Bismarck survived.

I could've just said: It blew up and everyone on board was killed in the resulting inferno that was death's friend.

And Alonzo, to you, I say, "Good Job, old Chap! I salute you!" Mainly because you have to take your time and re read everything. :) And yes, I do believe that's fair. So, it would look like this:

Tarkat Nictov
Bismarck, Time Dancer
Valhalla

Or am I missing something?

Also, on your idea of efficiency reductions, I suppose I should tune down the armor, weaponry, and ship. My weapons should fire slower, of course.))
(Okay, so I'm jumping in here... just as a note for the size of my ship I wasn't sure what to go with, since I'm really rubbish at visualising distances/sizes from measurements... so if anything looks off please tell me! Sorry about the rubbish image, pretend the little circles aren't there, they just mark PD clusters)

Service Date: 2187-2342 AD [10187-10342 9A, 3E by the reckoning of the ship’s crew]
Role: Diplomatic Transport
Length: 1785 m
Height: 190 m
Width: 1430 m
Class: Envoy
Decks: 15
Crew Compliment: 1,500 Organics [110 Airwing, 250 Marine Honour-guard, 150 Officers, 990 Enlisted] and one Artificial Intelligence.

Available Small Craft Squadrons:
30x Fang Class Interceptors (Five squadrons of six craft)
15x Claw Class Multi-Role Bombers (Three squadrons of five)

Auxiliary Craft:
12x Shuttles

Defensive Capabilities:
100x Automated Point-Defence Turret Clusters (Even mixture of ballistic and energy weaponry per cluster)
Mark IV Adaptive Shield Matrix
Mark III Emergency Plasma Shield
Mark I Ablative Armour

Offensive Capabilities:
2x Twin Plasma Projectile Cannons
6x Railgun Turrets
4x Particle Cannons

Power Planet:
4x Fusion Reactors
2x Type 2 Mana Crystal Cores

Propulsion:
6x Sublight Ion Engines
42x Manoeuvring Thrusters
FTL Jump Drive

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The ship is designed for primarily peaceful purposes, and as such the major emphasise in armaments is defensive. The race that constructed this ship, the Terelains, have always had a very defensive mind-set as they live for a long time but have few children, so they try to minimise loss of life. The addition of offensive weaponry was a last minute decision on the part of the people tasked with designing this latest incarnation of the vessel because its first mission was to travel into the Deep Frontier, a place charted only by automated exploration probes thousands of years prior.
Starship_engines%3B_pleasure_yacht_or_Cruiser.png

IC

The Modified Envoy class Diplomatic Cruiser, Hand of Terel emerged from the Aether, a realm similar, but not quie the same as, Hyperspace that the Terelains utilised for their on-ship FTL drives. In the bridge tower, Captain Iraesha Tolarim was sitting in his command chair high above the rest of the bridge, everyone but his executive officer were stationed below in a pit where he could see them at work without needing to turn his head, the humanoid feline was grey-furred and wearing a black uniform with golden thread along the collar, hem and sleeves with several epaulettes and medals on the right side of his chest, "Status?" He asked calmly.

"The spatial distortion we detected when we entered Aether-space hasn't affected any of our systems, sir, however I am having difficulty ascertaining our precise location." His navigational officer, a white-furred female by the name of Syra Elthun, said, "It seems as if it knocked us off-course somehow. I'm trying to see if I can matc our starcharts to the area's astrography."

"Sir, I am detecting numerous energy discharges consistent with weaponsfire a few kilometers from our present position, sensors also indicate at least three ships in the vicinity, possibly four... they don't match any known sensor profile." His sensor officer said.

"Lt Command Kahr, scramble the fighters and bombers, they are to establish a defensive perimeter around the Hand. Activate the shields and weapons systems." The captain ordered.

"Aye sir." His tactical officer said, "All pilots, this is he bridge. Prepare for immediate launch, take up defensive pattern... Tytha around the Hand and await further orders."

"Comms, open a channel, start with the Gogashi Trading Laguages and then start cycling 'til we hit something intelligble." Tolarim ordered.

"Aye sir. Opening channels, cycling languages now."

"This is Captain Iraesha Tolarim of the Royal Naval Vessel Hand of Terel speaking on behalf of Her Grace, the Revered Elder Nariel Amaar of the Aunidiel Lineage. This vessel is on a diplomatic mission any attacks upon it will be deemed an act of war against the Terelain Star Kingdom and my people will act accordingly." He motioned for his comms offcier to deactive the boradcast and then he activated the ship's internal communications system, "Revered Elder Amaar, I am sorry to disturb you, but could you please come to the bridge? We have a situation."

"Of course, Captain. I'm on my way." Came the reply.

((Thats about right HRA. And as far as efficiency reductions, I mean instakills. And also the fact, Im trying to determine what each ship's weakness and strengths (Firepower, Speed, Defense) and then moderate accordingly from there.

Also welcome Terel.

Give me a while and Ill make a response, and sort of reign in everything so as to have a sort of anchor point, where things arent spiraling all over the place.))

The Tarkat Nictov was the first to get the transmission, it turned and activated it's standard engines heading towards the diplomatic ship that has just made an FTL jump into the area. As it approached communications length away from the ship. The Tarkat Nictov then activated a pre-recorded message "This is the Tarkat Nictov, you have 5 minutes to identify yourself or you will be fired upon" the message repeated 5 times before closing communications and the mechanical crew within had started to build spare troops to make up for the ones currently missing in action or scrapped.
((I'm sorry, but what the hell happened to our fight? I'm engaged with three ships right now, and I have two High Explosive Anti Armor 700 foot shells, ten 60 foot shells, and twenty squads of fighters heading your way. I'm sorry, but did we sort of... Stop?

Oh, hey Terel? Add another digit to all of your measurements, and you have the PERFECT ship for your mission. Right now, its really small and can't hold that much inside of it. I'm guessing its around the size of... God... The USS Enterprise from WW2... With the same ship and crew count, but the weaponry of the Yamamoto or Bismarck...

I'm going to reply after Nokai fixes his latest post. Sorry. After he does that, I'll edit mine to get things going. :))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus