Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Classic D&D Stuffs {CLOSED} (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

So, in rl I’m a DM and honestly I feel like I need to get a lot better than I am now. So the question is, would anybody be up to a quick one shot? Whether as a group RP or just a 1x1. I know how do do mechanics and stuff. The only thing I’m not as familiar with is spells so if you use a character that had spell slots then you’ll most likely have to explain a few things to me. If you are interested here’s a quick start-up!
Also please keep in mind that this will use dice and strict character sheets. I will be looking at character profiles to make sure their stats match up with normal ones and to see if you’ve actually got stuff planned out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As per usual you meet in a tavern. Not an original scene, but one familiar to most. The tavern has few others. It’s early in the morning which us the time the early drunks came in. In short it wasn’t a terribly busy time of day.

There are any others you might team up with in the room. Along with a stranger in the corner. Sulking and cloaked in dark colored cloth. Then there was a lil goblin sitting more out in the open. A lil green goblin that had a knife at his belt, but that wasn’t unusual. Most people had to travel armed these days as the streets were crawling with monsters. No one knows where all the monsters are coming from, but there it a rumor that a powerful sorcerer way to the West could be the cause.

But who’s got the guts to go do that am I rite? So Y/C can do what they want or whatever. Wish to talk to anyone?

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=78755

Rp is closed.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

What version of D&D?

('Classic' brings to mind 'original' D&D... which is awesome! XD But may not be what you actually had in mind...)
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Juls wrote:
What version of D&D?

('Classic' brings to mind 'original' D&D... which is awesome! XD But may not be what you actually had in mind...)

I was thinking version 5. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
Cool! 5th edition is good too... I have a couple characters that might fit. :)

Are you looking for 1st level characters?
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Juls wrote:
Cool! 5th edition is good too... I have a couple characters that might fit. :)

Are you looking for 1st level characters?

Yes, I am if you don’t mind. First level characters. Also the link in the post leads to a group forum.
Cedric Hayes (played by Juls)

How 'bout Cedric here?
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Cedric Hayes wrote:
How 'bout Cedric here?

Very good.... Very good indeed. Better than mine. Hope you don’t mind me taking a few tips from the way you made ur character sheet for my own. I’m bad at making character sheets and stuff from scratch.
Cedric Hayes (played by Juls)

Well, that's actually quite flattering! :)

I don't own any 5th edition stuff, so I've only referenced the online SRD to put him together. Hopefully that works out ok!

I've never been real crazy about that RPR widget that displays the Stats, so built my ability scores like this:
Code:
[columns] [list] [*]16 Strength (+3) [*]14 Dexterity (+2) [/list] [nextcol] [list] [*]14 Constitution (+2) [*]13 Intelligence (+1) [/list] [nextcol] [list] [*]9 Wisdom (-1) [*]11 Charisma (+0) [/list] [/columns]
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Cedric Hayes wrote:
Well, that's actually quite flattering! :)

I don't own any 5th edition stuff, so I've only referenced the online SRD to put him together. Hopefully that works out ok!

I've never been real crazy about that RPR widget that displays the Stats, so built my ability scores like this:
Code:
[columns] [list] [*]16 Strength (+3) [*]14 Dexterity (+2) [/list] [nextcol] [list] [*]14 Constitution (+2) [*]13 Intelligence (+1) [/list] [nextcol] [list] [*]9 Wisdom (-1) [*]11 Charisma (+0) [/list] [/columns]

Ack. Tis me. I didn’t mean 5th edition stuff, just your set up. After viewing your character profile I realized I’d left out quite a bit from my own character sheet. I have the sheet in physical form, but I didn’t add everything such as proficiencies and HP. That sorta stuff. So I’m adding it now but I need to find the physical character sheet first.... Which is at home, and I’m not at home; therefor I have to waaaiiiiiit. ;-;
Cedric Hayes (played by Juls)

Certainly no rush from my side. :) I'm kinda hoping one or two want to join in the adventure! (So dragging my feet on posting in the IC...)
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Cedric Hayes wrote:
Certainly no rush from my side. :) I'm kinda hoping one or two want to join in the adventure! (So dragging my feet on posting in the IC...)

Same. You’re all good in waiting.
This sounds like fun if you’ll have me! I need to make a character, would there be any restrictions on classes/races?
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
This sounds like fun if you’ll have me! I need to make a character, would there be any restrictions on classes/races?

Not completely. Do you know how to make a D&D character with dice and such?
Yeah I know how to make the character with the dice and such! I can send the character to you once it’s done, or I can send a pm with the rolls for the stats? My last DM had me do that
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Yeah I know how to make the character with the dice and such! I can send the character to you once it’s done, or I can send a pm with the rolls for the stats? My last DM had me do that

Either or both is fine. Just make sure to use actual dice, virtual or physical.
Alright I made the character! I'm working on a face claim for them, I used Wizards.com for dice rolls if that's ok? If not I can redo the dice rolls
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Nihtgenge Wuduweald wrote:
Alright I made the character! I'm working on a face claim for them, I used Wizards.com for dice rolls if that's ok? If not I can redo the dice rolls

Wow that was fast. I’m not even done putting all my physical info onto my own character sheet yet. Good job. I looked through the profile and it looks alright.
Thanks! Lol I had an idea for what I wanted to try and do for a while, so I was able to enter the information quickly!
Bryseis (played by FitherCwen)

Nihtgenge Wuduweald wrote:
Thanks! Lol I had an idea for what I wanted to try and do for a while, so I was able to enter the information quickly!

Noice. Okay well there’s 1 other ready to rp. So if you want enter the forum I put a link for then do so
Cedric Hayes (played by Juls)

"A #%^&@ drow!!!"

LOL. Good to RP with you again, Crystaldragon! :) Cedric just might have a major grudge against the drow, so this should be interesting.

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus