Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Appearances are deceiving (Open)

Natalia (played by EonRising)

A light rain fell in the city, dampening everything but not quite soaking anything that wasn't outside for too long. There were several large puddles that had formed from the much heavier rain earlier in the day and the whole city simply seamed dreary despite the brightly colored vehicles, umbrellas and signs.
A taxi sped around a corner, hitting a particularly deep puddle and splashing a good deal of water onto a young anthro girl. She let out a startled cry but no one do much as gave her a second glance. The fox/shark hybrid shivered violently, her old clothes sopping wet and her fur soaked all the way to her skin. Her sharp teeth chattered and her ears were laid back as she curled I to the tightest ball she possibly could, her furry shark tail wrapped around her shins and her arms around her knees with her face hidden behind them, tryin to make herself invisible to the possible hits and punches and the scrutinizing, racist gazes of the passing humans. Not one of them cared if she lived or died and she wasn't even allowed into any nearby shelters. Signs on the doors read "Humans Only."
Tonight was going to be a very hard night for Natalia, and unless someone did something, she wouldn't survive this night.
A boy strolled down the street his blue hoodie fluttering in the wind. The hood struggled to stay on Jackson's head. He continues to walk down the road listening to his music until he noticed an anthro outside of a shelter, he rushed over to her. He put one comforting hand on her back and the other to pull her up. When he pulled her up they met face to face. "You okay? Need a place to stay?" The boy was only about six-teen. "No one will mind I don't think so at least he smiled at the girl. "What do ya say? Some pop and pizza at my house?" This anthro was cute, really cute.
Natalia (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

Natalia let out a whimper and curled up into an even tighter ball when she was touched.
"P-please don't hurt me!" she cried out, expecting him to punch her or something.
She looked up at him both surprised, confused and overwhelmed at what he so suddenly was asking her.
"W-wha-?"
He laughed pulling down his hood revealing a brown set of hair spiked up in the front. "Pop and pizza, my house." He pulled her up. "What do ya say?" He looked around no one was in sight except for the two of them. He then looked up a large storm cloud was overhead. "C'mon, it's gonna rain soon, we need to get inside." He pulled her across the street. "My place is empty, not many police there either." The cloud overhead rumbled and it started to drizzle. "Let's go."
Erissa Lington Bae (played anonymously)

Erissa's small figure sat comfortably on her brother, companion, and best friend, Sasha. Her small, slender fingers were tangled into Sasha's metal gray fur marked with strange tattoos while the other was wrapped around in a tight embrace around her pet's, Peppit's, fluffy form. She looked up to the gloomy sky, that seemed to threaten rain at any moment. While being constantly stared at for her attire of a low cut tank top, cargo shorts, and her bare footedness plus the company she kept, the mundane around her always kept clear of Sasha with weary glances.

Erissa's messy short bobbed light brown hair rustled in the cold wind, she form shivering slightly before crouching low to Sasha's fur for warmth, keeping Peppit close. "Sasha we should go find some shelter before we continue on anywhere." She said. "Eri." Sasha said with a flick of his ear and a low deep growl. He looked to the direction of a frightened anthro and a human figure hovering around it. She followed his gaze and immediately became furious, making Peppit squeak with worry.

"Peppit stay with Sasha." She warned as she jumped off the wolf's back as she ran towards them, with Sasha following close behind. "What do you think you are doing?!" she yelled, getting in between them with a scowl on her face and turned toward the anrtho, her expression softening. "He didn't hurt you did he young one?"

Natalia whimpered at the offer, "W-why?" the hybrid backed away from him, fearing some sort of trick so that he couof hurt her and no one would know, which she figured would be the only reason he'd tell her there weren't many cops. And even if there were a lot, they wouldn't give a second thought to her death.
When the woman came up, Natalia curled up into a ball again and covered her head, "Just leave me alone!" she cried out, feeling more confused than scared.

Worry was clear on her face and looked to Sasha who huffed before walking up to the young anthro. "We won't harm you young one." He lightly pokes his nose against her shoulder before drawing back, his golden yellow orbs on her. Erissa gets back to give her some space before glaring at the boy. "What did you do to her."

She scrambled away at the touch of the creature and fell onto her side, her body shivering both with the cold and as she cried.

Erissa frowned. Seeing the girl shiver, she quickly went to get her pack off of Sasha, taking out a thick blanket, and covered the child. She sat beside her with Sasha and Peppit curled up beside her as she watched the girl cry while Sasha yawned and Peppit fell asleep.
Jackson backed away. "I didn't DO anything. I simply asked her if she wanted to come back to my apartment for some soda and pop, she looked as if she needed shelter so, naturally I gave her an offer." He stuck his cold hands into the damp pockets of his hoodie. "I only wanted to help he sighed and sat down next to the anthro. "Hey, I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to help, my face may not be pleasing, but I am no bully, trust me." He wondered if he shoulder put a hand on her back but decided against it because every time he did so, she just whimpered and backed away then curled into a ball. Jackson sighed again and stood up. He stood there and watched the anthro for a bit before walking away slowly in the rain. "Jackson Hane." He voice carried over to the two fading with every step he took.

A police car drove down the road stopping next to Jackson. A man carrying handcuffs in one hand and a baton in the other approached him. "You aren't gettin away this time scumbag!" The officer rushed toward Jackson, but he fled, toward the anthro. Figuring this wasn't such a good idea he turned around sliding under the officers legs then running into the nearest alley the officers close behind. He frantically searched the area for a ladder to get on the rooftops but he came empty. Guess he had to do it the old fashioned way. Jackson sprinted toward a wall climbing on the loose bricks and window sills. At each lunge he got higher and higher. When he finally reached the top he ran and jumped across the roofs until he lost the officer and then slouched down breathing heavily. He hung his head low. That was close.

Erissa looks up at him and snorts as she watches him. He didn't seem like a bad guy. "Erissa Lington Bae." She replied as watching him walk away. "Wait you're just goin-" Interrupted by a police car, she observed, surprised by the turn of events. Erissa got up and look toward the small anthro. "Hey little girl.. I don't think it would be safe for you to stay here.. Would you please come with me to find you some shelter and find that boy? I don't want to leave him in trouble.." She frowns. "Besides, he is the one with a place to stay."

Sasha rose up and shook his body, waking Peppit up, making him peep. With an angry squeak, he jumped into Eri's arms and fell back asleep. "I'll go get him. Stay here with the girl and don't draw attention to yourself." He said in a low voice and nuzzled Erissa. "I'll be back quickly." With that he bounded off, trailing the boy's scent. Sasha sniffed the air and stared at the boy's hiding spot. "Boy. Come back with me. Those girls need a place to stay and food." He huffed, his metallic silver fur ruffling from the slight breeze as his golden yellow orbs rested on his figure.
Jackson looked over at the, whatever the heck it was and laughed. "HA! Weren't you just accusing me of doing something to them? And anyways you see her when I try and get near her, she whimpers and curls up into a ball, pathetic." He shook his head. Both hands reached for his headphones then gently placed them on his ears. "I don't you know her name for heaven's sake!" He laughed a bit more. He ha a curious look on his face directed toward the, person. "Do YOU even me, I mean, you just saw me get chased by a cop, wouldn't doing this be a risky move?" He pulled out his iPod and played the song Brave by Josh Groban, while he waited his response.

She couldn't trust them. Not any of them. Why should she? People didn't just offer for warm food and a place to stay, especially not humans, and especially not human teens. They seemed to hate the anthro population the most.
The teen could smell Erissa's presence and didn't move an inch from her spot in the fetal position

Sasha snorted and trotted toward the boy, his tail swaying lightly behind him as he approached. He eyed the boy, his muzzle slightly exposing his teeth as he chortled. "Eri, tends to jump to conclusions. Please forgive her." He flicked his ear, his orbs resting on his figure. "You ran for a reason. I don't care why or what you did nor will I pry into your past. All I want is shelter and food for those girls for the night. And that anthro girl needs time, just give her a chance to get used to you. She seem to have gone through a rough time."

=================================================================================

Erissa looked toward the girl, Peppit snugged in her arms. She cleared her throat, "Um. My name is Erissa. Just call me Eri." When It seemed like she wouldn't get a response from her, she tried a different approach. "Hey. Do you want to see a trick?" She smiled and dug in her pocket for a tulip seed. She quietly whispered a song as she gathered some dirt from a nearby flowerpot and slowly, the seed began to sprout, its stem growing rapidly, revealing a blooming red tulip on the palm of her hand at the end of the song and presented it to the young anthro. "Tada?"

Natalia slowly looked up when she heard the woman singing and finally was sitting down with her knees to her chest and chin on her knees, watching Eri with teary eyes as she made the flower grow in her palm.
"Th-thank you..." she said quietly and nervously took the flower, "Y-you're not gonna hurt me?"

She grins and shakes her head, offering the tulip to the girl. "No, I won't hurt you. I'm more of a healer then anything else." She carefully drew near to securely place the blanket around her figure to keep the cold out while Peppit squeaked quietly in its sleep.

"Thank you... I-I can heal things too..." she said quietly and held the flower close as if that would make her warmer.

Tilts her head and smiles. "How so, Child?"

"I can heal cuts... Or twisted ankles... even bones sometimes if it's not too bad," she looked up at Erissa, "I once tried to help a little boy who got a cut... His mom hit me away and when she saw that it was all healed, she called me a freakish monster..."

Erissa frowns and slowly reaches out to hold her hand. "You aren't a freakish monster. You're just.. different and these people can't see that this difference.. doesn't make us any greater of a threat. We are just special and they can't understand that." she lightly smiles, empathy clearly portrayed in her mismatched eyes of emerald green on the left and aqua blue on the right.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Appearances are deceiving (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus