Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Umbrie would return the Pixies high five. "Umbrie or Do'Shre'Ni wasn't quite the name i was born with. Do'Shre'Ni is a handle that translates in my home world's ficticious accounts of the elven mythology to 'Nightshroud' which localizes as 'Umbrie' rather cleanly. not that we have elves, but they exist in our stories. the life before this one, i played interactive story games for sport, and wore the costumes modeled after the heroines of those stories as a rather childish form of entertainment." *Umbrie confessing she was a competitive gamer girl, fantasy otaku and cosplayer.*

"so? are world travelers the subject of many heroic tales? do they shape the world? do they create new eras from thier wake?"
Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

@ Umbri, and Demini:
Navi nods at Demini's assessment. "Yes, at the very least even if the king does not want war there is unrest among his people. It will have two outcomes. First the King will declare a war to save his people. The second is there will be a cue, and then the new leader will declare war. The latter would be longer off, but bloodier. At that point there is a good chance the new leader will be unwilling to compromise."
She then turns to Umbri, very quickly changing gears. "Oh, that's a cute name though! Reminds me of that one pokemon my master told me about Umbreon. He liked games very much. He had this little hand held device with two screens. He eventually found a way to charge it with magic." She puffs out her chest in pride, and pointed to herself with her thumb. "You're looking at the victor over the pokemon league!" She then drops her head in an over dramatic display of exasperation. "That leader though with his stupid mega metagross. He KOed my poor Gardevoir." She sighs, obviously upset that her favorite pokemon lost. When Umbri asks about other world travelers. "Well that depends. Some just live there lives like normal people. Some who are summoned have their wills sealed, and are nothing but weapons for their summoner. Some do go out, and become great adventurers. World Travelers gain abilities when they come to this world. So more often than not even the weakest world travelers are stronger than most human residents of this world."

@ Derek:
The man Who the king called Hanz walks up to you, and puts his hand on your arm. "He has not given you permission to touch him, likewise he was withdrawn your permission to speak to him. Let us go, I will answer your questions." He says as the king turns, and leaves through the doors you entered in. Once he is gone the man gestures to the door he came in thought. "My name is actually not Hanz, I have just never been given permission to correct the king." He says in a light manner. "My name is actually Sayver, it is a pleasure to meet you Derek. To answer your question. World travelers are granted powers upon arrival. The reason he let you keep your will is purely his idea of mercy... a puppet may not make split second decisions, but they also are more loyal, and expendable. As far as your physical shape, well who gets summoned is random. Sometimes sadly there are failed summons. Children who get summoned to this world. Their bodies are incapable of withstanding their on powers. They are doomed for only five years max. We try to mike their lives as happy as we can." He says trailing off at the last bit. "Do you have any more questions?"
Demini (played by Great7)

He was listening carefully to Navi’s talk the walked up to Navi and caged her in his hands which was formed like a cup, “tell me, you say that summons are the most powerful weapons in this world, then how, what’s a good word...motivated, how mobster is this bronze wall king”, he asked trying to show no ill intentions

"HEY!" She says as you grab her. "Don't be getting any funny ideas Mr.Handsy! I didn't say they were the most powerful weapons. That title goes to the Demon Lords. Monster, who transcend the title monster. They are living weapons. The physical embodiment of destruction. Summons, and world travelers are just stronger than most humans, and lower tier monsters. As it stands, I am stronger than you four. I'm on the lower end of high tier monsters. As far as the king goes... monsters, even ones viewed as friendly such as my kind are forbidden in his capitol. He cares for his human citizens.. He has hesitated this long only to avoid losing lives in a war. He knows soon he will have to choose between deaths from starvation, and deaths from war, and I will tell you this. Humans would rather fight, and die against a foe they can win against. I'm sure you know swords, and bow will do very little in fighting famine. Now if you would be so kind as to let me go. I would rather talk about more fun topics."

I’m not squeezing that tightly. Ok, then tell me this. You say he cares about the lives of those in his kingdom, what about summons, actually the answer doesn’t really matter, just have an insider in that castle cause it might save your life one day since fairies are know for their connections to the earth. And you said you wanted a fun topic so how does one become a demon, it sounds kinda fun to me”, he said loosing his hands a little to give the fairy space to move around in
He nodded and followed Sayver, sighing. "Ублюдок... So, to sum it up, there was no tactical thinking involved in either summoning me, or leaving me with my free will? I'm disappointed." He said as he shook his head. "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Sayver. So, I assume that the abilities I was granted was what the voice in the mist was going on about?" He said, pretty sure that he was right, ad simply asking for clarification before he continued. "My abilities seem mainly physical, with focus on hitting everything, and hitting hard. Is there anywhere I could train my abilities?"

@Demini:
"It's not about how tightly your holding me, but rather the fact that you are holding me period. Hasn't anyone told you it's rude to grab a lady without her permission?" She says as she tries to wriggle between your fingers. "As far as becoming a Demon Lord, there are a few requirements. You have to have a high enough magicule count to evolve. You also need enough skills, and finally you must kill ten thousand humans with the intent of becoming a Demon lord. So, yeah. It costs you your humanity. Top fun that."

@Derek:
"Well as far as summoning goes, we don't actually get to choose who we summon. That part is completely random. The summoners do however pick your abilities. So there was indeed tactics to your summoning." He ponders for a moment when you ask about training. "Would you be willing to wait on training? The Oracle wishes to speak with you."
"I suppose so. Who is this oracle you speak of?" He asked, perfectly willing to wait before he started his training. "I assume that they have some form of precognition or something?" He asked, following Sayver as they headed to the Oracle.

“Well in that case I would need a war”, he said, “then looked at Navi, “you’re a female. I thought you were a male all along”

@Demini: (I was going to issue a warning that this would happen next post, but now you get to test your self regeneration.)
Navi looks you dead in the eye, as she swiftly snaps one of your thumbs back breaking it. She flies out of your hands. "I don't even care if that was a joke that was just plain ol' mean!" She says, her voice cracks slightly as she tries not to cry. "I am a classy, and dignified lady. I am a Fairy Empress, and at least deserve not to be called a male." She then flies over to Umbri, and lands on her shoulder. "I wore my cute dress today too."

@Derek:
"The oracle has forgone a name. She is simply her title The Oracle." He nods when you ask if she has precognition. "She does, but she is more than just a seer. Once in a blue moon the oracle bloodline manifests. She is second in authority only to the king, and in the church her authority surpasses his. You should get a better understanding when you meet her." He says as he continues to lead you down a dim undecorated hall. The only thing one the walls are torches placed just far enough apart to illuminate your path.
"Hm. This is rather ominous, you people do love your drama. Well, I suppose I should show somebody respect, so I'll be formal upon meeting her." He said, mainly to himself as he continued walking after Sayver. "So, from what i've heard about her, as well as my instincts, she's either going to be old, withered and strict, or far younger than anyone would expect." He said, also to himself. "Feel free to correct me whenever you feel like it."
Tyler (played by Shadowlord148)

I stand there in shock as i inspect my body...and while doing so nearly stab an eye out with a my finger as it somehow grows out into a boney spike. "Ahh ****!" And spend a minute as everyone else was talking to experiment with my abilites while ignoring demini's comment. Mainly bc i didnt hear him.

I clench my fist and concentrate and make my knuckles grow into foot long claws. "Yes! I am wolverine!" And begin to swipe invisible enemies.

Ow”, he said holding his thumb. He gently pooped it back in place and used a piece of cloth to set it in place, “sorry, your body shines so bright so I couldn’t really see your dress. You kinda look like a ball of light to me.”, he said not noticing the change in Navi’s voice. He eyes looked at Tyler, “so is he a boy”

@Derek:
Sayver laughs. "Far younger than anyone expects? The Oracle was raised for her position from birth. She ascended to the position upon reaching adulthood." He stops to think for a moment. "To clarify we have a right of passage at sixteen years of age. She has been our oracle for about ten years now. Is twenty six considered far younger than anyone would expect?" He asks as you reach a door at the end of the hall.

@Demini:
"I already said I was a Fairy Empress. How many male empress's do you know? I have nothing more to say to you right now."
He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in mild embarassment. "Younger than I expected, yes. far younger, no." He said shifting nervously as they arrived at the door. "I assume this is it?" He asked, knowing the answer to the question already.
Umbrie gave an innocent smile. "if this Faerie were male? wouldn't the proper title be Emperor? that alone confirms her femininity. and i can actually see she is wearing a dress. is it okies if i give the Adorable Lil Empress some headpats?" Umbrie would await the Empresses permission before petting her. she despite still being human had quite massive pupils. well, massive eyes. very expressive eyes. she seemed to want to comfort the Faerie. "how do you feel about becoming the Pokemon League Champion of a new Region? i was thinking Alola."
The spider nods to the fae as she mentions being able to hide her eyes and hands." W-well if I can figure out how the silk thing works I could just make my own gloves p-probably." However she soon went quiet as the party's conversation strayed....and the fairy ended up snapping the thumb of a particularly dumb party member. The arachnid had no idea how the idiot had thought the fairy was a boy.. she was wearing a dress after all. She blinks and rubs one of her eyes tiredly." W-well..that was..the second most disturbing thing I've seen today. I for one... would like to find some place to rest...a-and uh... process all of this..if that's okay? I ...don't want anymore violence today." She hid her hands in her sleeves as she let her black hair fall in front of her eyes. The monster girl was very much done for today and wanted to sleep and try starting over in the morning with a clearer head.

@Main party: (Obligatory be nice warning.)
Navi nods quietly when Umbri offers to pat her head. However when she offers to let her become a pokemon champion of a new region she looks wide eyed at her. "Oh, there's more than that one?! W-wait, um maybe later. I really am supposed to do my job." She flies over to Tyler who is busy admiring his claws. "You ready?" She asks grabbing onto his shoulder bones, and picking him up. "Let's go everyone! You can get a nap when we get there." She says having surprisingly little trouble with her load. She sets him back down after moving him a few feet. She starts singing the ORAS route 101 theme in "In duhs, and dahs" as she goes.

@Derek:
Sayver laughs again. "Don't worry every world traveler says something similar. Something about a tripe? I dunno what cow guts got to do it it, but hey, it's your world." He says still chuckling. When you ask about the door he nods. "Yup, this is it, but before I open the door I have to say try not to stare. I have come to understand she is an unusual sight in your world, but not unheard of."
With that he opens the door. The room has windows on every side, and a large ornate crystal Chandelier. The usual turtle tapestry is replaced by a silhouette person holding a crystal ball in front of a swan. In the middle of the room is a table covered in a white cloth, holding a crystal ball, and three unlit incense sticks on either side. The floor is granite. To your left is the main entrance, and across from you is another door leading to another room. On your right is a marble throne with red velvet padding. A woman who must be the oracle already walking towards the door you came in through. Her skin, and hair are both white as snow, almost translucent. Her eyes stand out as vibrant purple. Her clothing is white with powder blue accents. Her long dress comes down to the floor, and the bottom is lined with small silver pieces in the shape of pomegranates. She has a modest silver ring on both of her ring fingers, and a silver pendant in the shape of a swan on her neck. On her head is an delicate looking silver circlet, with an oval moonstone in the middle. Her hair is tied back cleanly, and from what you can tell she does not seem to be wearing any makeup. With her silver, white, and blue apparel she looks like she could melt in the sun.
"I am glad you made it, I was about to go check on you." She said in a soft silvery voice.
"Apologies M'lady." He says with a bow.
"Sayver my friend will you give us the room?" She asks. With a bow he leaves. She then turns to you, and gives a slight bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Please join me at my table. We have much to discuss." She says as she begins walking to her table.
He nodded and followed her to the table, sitting once she was seated. "Before this begins, please excuse my manners, or lack of." He said bluntly, knowing that he was likely to offend someone of her rank very easily, whether or not he tried. "So, you wanted to see me?" He said, knowing the question was rhetorical, and voicing it more to clarify than anything else. "Oh, and, uh, it's nice to meet you, my lady, or whatever чванливый title you have." He said, hoping that either A: She wouldn't mind his manners, or B: She didn't speak Russian.

He finished up with his hands, “cute”, he said quietly and put his hand in his pocket. His hands were healing but he didn’t notice much. He heard the fairy sing wondering where he heard the song before, “where are we going again?”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus