Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

@Demini: (I was going to issue a warning that this would happen next post, but now you get to test your self regeneration.)
Navi looks you dead in the eye, as she swiftly snaps one of your thumbs back breaking it. She flies out of your hands. "I don't even care if that was a joke that was just plain ol' mean!" She says, her voice cracks slightly as she tries not to cry. "I am a classy, and dignified lady. I am a Fairy Empress, and at least deserve not to be called a male." She then flies over to Umbri, and lands on her shoulder. "I wore my cute dress today too."

@Derek:
"The oracle has forgone a name. She is simply her title The Oracle." He nods when you ask if she has precognition. "She does, but she is more than just a seer. Once in a blue moon the oracle bloodline manifests. She is second in authority only to the king, and in the church her authority surpasses his. You should get a better understanding when you meet her." He says as he continues to lead you down a dim undecorated hall. The only thing one the walls are torches placed just far enough apart to illuminate your path.
"Hm. This is rather ominous, you people do love your drama. Well, I suppose I should show somebody respect, so I'll be formal upon meeting her." He said, mainly to himself as he continued walking after Sayver. "So, from what i've heard about her, as well as my instincts, she's either going to be old, withered and strict, or far younger than anyone would expect." He said, also to himself. "Feel free to correct me whenever you feel like it."
Tyler (played by Shadowlord148)

I stand there in shock as i inspect my body...and while doing so nearly stab an eye out with a my finger as it somehow grows out into a boney spike. "Ahh ****!" And spend a minute as everyone else was talking to experiment with my abilites while ignoring demini's comment. Mainly bc i didnt hear him.

I clench my fist and concentrate and make my knuckles grow into foot long claws. "Yes! I am wolverine!" And begin to swipe invisible enemies.
Demini (played by Great7)

Ow”, he said holding his thumb. He gently pooped it back in place and used a piece of cloth to set it in place, “sorry, your body shines so bright so I couldn’t really see your dress. You kinda look like a ball of light to me.”, he said not noticing the change in Navi’s voice. He eyes looked at Tyler, “so is he a boy”

@Derek:
Sayver laughs. "Far younger than anyone expects? The Oracle was raised for her position from birth. She ascended to the position upon reaching adulthood." He stops to think for a moment. "To clarify we have a right of passage at sixteen years of age. She has been our oracle for about ten years now. Is twenty six considered far younger than anyone would expect?" He asks as you reach a door at the end of the hall.

@Demini:
"I already said I was a Fairy Empress. How many male empress's do you know? I have nothing more to say to you right now."
He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in mild embarassment. "Younger than I expected, yes. far younger, no." He said shifting nervously as they arrived at the door. "I assume this is it?" He asked, knowing the answer to the question already.
Umbrie gave an innocent smile. "if this Faerie were male? wouldn't the proper title be Emperor? that alone confirms her femininity. and i can actually see she is wearing a dress. is it okies if i give the Adorable Lil Empress some headpats?" Umbrie would await the Empresses permission before petting her. she despite still being human had quite massive pupils. well, massive eyes. very expressive eyes. she seemed to want to comfort the Faerie. "how do you feel about becoming the Pokemon League Champion of a new Region? i was thinking Alola."
The spider nods to the fae as she mentions being able to hide her eyes and hands." W-well if I can figure out how the silk thing works I could just make my own gloves p-probably." However she soon went quiet as the party's conversation strayed....and the fairy ended up snapping the thumb of a particularly dumb party member. The arachnid had no idea how the idiot had thought the fairy was a boy.. she was wearing a dress after all. She blinks and rubs one of her eyes tiredly." W-well..that was..the second most disturbing thing I've seen today. I for one... would like to find some place to rest...a-and uh... process all of this..if that's okay? I ...don't want anymore violence today." She hid her hands in her sleeves as she let her black hair fall in front of her eyes. The monster girl was very much done for today and wanted to sleep and try starting over in the morning with a clearer head.

@Main party: (Obligatory be nice warning.)
Navi nods quietly when Umbri offers to pat her head. However when she offers to let her become a pokemon champion of a new region she looks wide eyed at her. "Oh, there's more than that one?! W-wait, um maybe later. I really am supposed to do my job." She flies over to Tyler who is busy admiring his claws. "You ready?" She asks grabbing onto his shoulder bones, and picking him up. "Let's go everyone! You can get a nap when we get there." She says having surprisingly little trouble with her load. She sets him back down after moving him a few feet. She starts singing the ORAS route 101 theme in "In duhs, and dahs" as she goes.

@Derek:
Sayver laughs again. "Don't worry every world traveler says something similar. Something about a tripe? I dunno what cow guts got to do it it, but hey, it's your world." He says still chuckling. When you ask about the door he nods. "Yup, this is it, but before I open the door I have to say try not to stare. I have come to understand she is an unusual sight in your world, but not unheard of."
With that he opens the door. The room has windows on every side, and a large ornate crystal Chandelier. The usual turtle tapestry is replaced by a silhouette person holding a crystal ball in front of a swan. In the middle of the room is a table covered in a white cloth, holding a crystal ball, and three unlit incense sticks on either side. The floor is granite. To your left is the main entrance, and across from you is another door leading to another room. On your right is a marble throne with red velvet padding. A woman who must be the oracle already walking towards the door you came in through. Her skin, and hair are both white as snow, almost translucent. Her eyes stand out as vibrant purple. Her clothing is white with powder blue accents. Her long dress comes down to the floor, and the bottom is lined with small silver pieces in the shape of pomegranates. She has a modest silver ring on both of her ring fingers, and a silver pendant in the shape of a swan on her neck. On her head is an delicate looking silver circlet, with an oval moonstone in the middle. Her hair is tied back cleanly, and from what you can tell she does not seem to be wearing any makeup. With her silver, white, and blue apparel she looks like she could melt in the sun.
"I am glad you made it, I was about to go check on you." She said in a soft silvery voice.
"Apologies M'lady." He says with a bow.
"Sayver my friend will you give us the room?" She asks. With a bow he leaves. She then turns to you, and gives a slight bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Please join me at my table. We have much to discuss." She says as she begins walking to her table.
He nodded and followed her to the table, sitting once she was seated. "Before this begins, please excuse my manners, or lack of." He said bluntly, knowing that he was likely to offend someone of her rank very easily, whether or not he tried. "So, you wanted to see me?" He said, knowing the question was rhetorical, and voicing it more to clarify than anything else. "Oh, and, uh, it's nice to meet you, my lady, or whatever чванливый title you have." He said, hoping that either A: She wouldn't mind his manners, or B: She didn't speak Russian.

He finished up with his hands, “cute”, he said quietly and put his hand in his pocket. His hands were healing but he didn’t notice much. He heard the fairy sing wondering where he heard the song before, “where are we going again?”

@Derek:
The woman sighs. "You may call me Oracle if that is not too snobby for you." She says with a smirk. "It would do you well that Comprehend languages is considered a common skill. The king does not have it, but that is simply because dealing with the main populous is beneath him. Truth be told I had some of my people infiltrate the kings summoners. As I'm sure he mentioned he is planning on going to war. I have been quite vocal in my opinion that we should begin working with the monster villages in the area. He is a very proud man, and one who refuses to work with monsters. The reason I bring this up to you, and the reason I had my men join in your summoning is the same. I can not risk you being used as a tool to kill me." She says quite bluntly herself. "With my influence in the summoning the kings own safety net protects me. That all being said he is not an evil man. He truly cares about his people, and would prefer to avoid a war. However the other human kingdoms take advantage of our plight. I do not know if you noticed or not, but our outer wall is coated by a thick layer of bronze. Beyond that was fertile farm land. However copper is toxic to plants, so sadly what was to be our greatest defense was a dagger in out stomach. Beyond out farms are monster territories, and kingdom borders, thus stopping us from expanding. We have negotiated with other nations, but our coffers are running dry. They care only for their own pockets, and they would let our people die.
There are only two options. Forcibly expand our borders against the other kingdoms, or start dealing with monsters. The king as I said will not hear of making deals with monsters." She says with a hint of exhaustion in her voice. "So I will put it to you as you say with a lack of manners. I will not force my will upon you, but I would like you to decide who you will back. I need you to deliver a letter for me. To do so you will have to break the one rule the king gave you. I as one of the pact holders give you permission to go beyond the walls, and deliver this message to my monster emissary. Will you do this?"

@Demini: (Sorry the last one was a long post so I didn't see yours until after I posted it.)
Navi stops singing long enough to answer Demini's question. "We're going to the Dwelling of Spirits. There we'll give you, and Umbrie a chance to meet some greater spirits to make a pact with... wait. I'm mad at you! Grr... you tricked me into talking to you!" She says flustered.

“Well, you broke my finger so I say we are even”, he said showing her his finger that was already healed without him noticing, “and I’m sorry if I didn’t hear the part about you being a princess, I thought this was a dream at that time. And I couldn’t see your dress for some reason. You still look like a ball of light right now”
He nodded, considering her request. "Give me a moment to think." He said simply, leaning back in his chair as he thought. "Well..... I would, except for the fact that I can't go out the walls. From what I can tell i'm unable to disobey my summoner, and i've been given explicit orders to stay within the walls." He said, before a mad grin spread across his face. "However, he left a gaping hole in his words. I can simply make a small wooden wall, and as long as I carry it around, I technically won't be disobeying his orders!" He said, clearly enjoying the idea. "Very well, i'll do it, if for no reason other than to ссать him off." He said, before his grin vanished and he returned to a neutral tone and expression. "As I said, I'll do it. What message will I be carrying?"

@Demini
"Well, I did ask you twice to let me go twice, but fine. We will call it even, and it's empress not princess." She corrects. "And if I'm a ball of light you're a pile of meat!" She offers a weak retort.

@Derek:
"I applaud your, shall we say ingenuity, but that wouldn't work. You are bound as much by the intent of the words, as the words themselves. However as I said I hold just as much power over your pact as him. I gave you permission to leave. As for the message it's just a letter. It is discussing trading goods for food. Some clothes, building materials, and even knowledge if it is necessary."

“Cute”, he said one under his breath and began to follow them. He was smiling a little, it seemed he found it fun to mess with the fairy.
Umbrie could be seen headpatting the faerie empress with an innocent smile on her face before she gave an innocent yet cheerful giggle. giving a sign of cheer as her pupils widened in reaction to the look of joy upon her face. "a deal with the ogres sounds like it would be pleasant to make. we definitely require all the help we can. and some merrymaking would be great for morale."
The unnamed monster sighed and began following the motley crew to wherever their destination was. She was happy that they could rest, and maybe figure out more of what was going on..and why they were here. She flexed her odd hands under her sleeves. It was certainly different having armor though she figured it'd come in handy if they were going on an adventure, though the woman had no idea how strong the chitin actually was. " I hope wherever we're going is nice! Maybe we can have a snack or something..and a good rest.." She giggles and covers her mouth as she hears a pokemon theme being hummed by the fairy creature.

@Spidy, and Umbrie:
"Well, it's nice for a magic Labyrinth!" Navi tells the curious arachnid. "As for merrymaking, I may just have to watch. I'm... kind of a light weight. Though the issue with the ogres is you will want to be at least as strong as the average ogre. They respect power regardless of species. You guys really aren't far though! This power boost we're after should take care of it!" She says happily.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.

Note: Event roll. 1-10 nothing. 11+ could be a lot of fun!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus