Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Nate (played by JZer0X)

Tyler :
You were out for a stroll when you are overcome with a falling sensation. Everything around you turns blue, and you hear a voice. "Confirmation: You desire more strength. Common skill granted: enhanced strength. You desire to be more attuned to your surroundings Common Skill Granted: Enhanced sensed. You desire to use your bones as weapons Common Skill Granted: Bone manipulation. NOTE: Enhanced Strength, and Bone manipulation combined into a new Extra skill. Undead Form granted. You desire to travel through shadows. Extra Skill granted Shadow Step. Note Shadow step combined with Extra skill undead form creating a new unique skill Shade form.

Umbri:
As you are walking down the street on a moonlit night.You become aware that someone is following you. Your pace picks up as he follows you turn for turn. "Hey lady!" He calls. You take a turn down an alley. Something responds to your desperate need to escape. Everything around you starts becoming blue. The last thing you see is him rounding the corner holding something... is that your phone?! "You dropped this..." he says out of breath, but he looks up to see the alley empty as you are overcome with a falling sensation.
You desire to have a lithe body. Common skill granted Slight Frame - Functions as enhanced dexterity. You also desire for others to view you more positively. Common skill granted Innocent Charm - grants you a gentle aura when interacting with others giving you an advantage when trying to barter, or make friends. Next you would like to be able to have advantage investing common skill granted Guidance- when you are trying to find something, follow a trail, or investigate a scene clues, and tracks will have a faint blue glow.
Note: common skill Guidance, slight frame combine into extra skill Hand hold- when climbing, or jumping from point to point the safest route, and objects capable of holding your weight glow blue. Further Guidance, and innocent charm combine into two new extra skills. First extra skill guided conversation- you can use this ability to auto pilot through a conversation for the best outcome. Second extra skill sense motive- allows you to know how a person or monster feels toward you, also lets you know when someone is trying to take advantage of you.
Finally you desire the pursuit of knowledge, an admirable goal extra skill granted quick learner- you can learn skills that you can observe.

Elizabeth:
As you’re climbing the cliff your anchor give way. As you fall, and you see the ground approaching. Your eyes close tight, and your fall seems to continue forever. Then you hear a voice. You desire to be able to climb walls. Common skill granted Wall Walking. You also desire to for protection Common Skill Granted Body Armor. Note: Wall Walking and Body armor combined into new extra skill. Insectoid Form. You desire to have a bite carrying poison. Common skill granted. Note: Insectoid Form, and Venom Bite combined into new unique skill Arachne form granted ERROR: User wishes to remain humanoid Arachne form unique skill Jorogumo Form. Body Armor skill has taken up the subtype Chitin. Finally you wish to be able to break your fall in the future Extra skill granted. Sticky/steel thread.

Demeni:
You are sitting in your room peacefully reading a comic. Suddenly you hear a voice. You desire to become more like the characters you read about. Preset selected Following skills granted Common skills: enhanced strength, and enhanced speed. Note skills combine into extra skill Body Conditioning. Extra skill granted Self Regeneration. Note extra skill Self Regeneration, and Body Conditioning combine into unique skill Perfect Body. Note one common skill slot open. You desire to form the shape of existing matter. Common skill granted Transmutation.

Everyone: (Everyone give a brief description of what the other players see when they look at you)
You awaken in the middle of a field. Upon looking around you see a creature. A skeleton surrounded by a thick black mist. The mist condensed into the form of a tall skinny human. There are also two humans one male, and one female. Finally there is a spider like girl.she has one pair of normal eyes, and one pair of smaller eyes easily hidden by her hair.
"HEY LISTEN" you hear a voice call out. Your attention turns to a small fairy wearing a dark blue dress, matching her hair. Her skin is pale blue with translucent wings matching her skin. "Wow, four world travelers at once. That base to be a new record. My name is Navi, and before you inevitably ask. Yes I was named after the character. My master who named me was a world traveler too. So, I am sure you have a lot of questions? Let's hear em."

Umbri:
Name: Do'Shre'Ni (Translated as Nightshroud or Umbrie from Elven to Common)
Place of Origin: some Massive Cosmpolitan city with a diverse list of races
Skill list:
Common Skills:
Slight Frame - Acts as enhanced dexterity
Innocent charm- grants you a gentle aura when interacting with others giving you an advantage when trying to barter, or make friends
Guidance- when you are trying to find something, follow a trail, or investigate a scene clues, and tracks will have a faint blue glow
Extra Skills:
Quick learner- investment to able to quickly learn new visible skills after witnessing them and practicing them
guided conversation- you can use this ability to auto pilot through a conversation for the best outcome
sense motive- allows you to know how a person or monster feels toward you, also lets you know when someone is trying to take advantage of you.
Thought transferal- You can with a touch send your thoughts, memories, or skills into the mind of someone else.
Enciclopedia- You can understand any language spoken, and can now reference it to answer any questions you have about the world. This is limited to Navi’s knowledge, and finally acts as a direct line to Navi should the need arise.
Unique skills:
Roadmap- A faint blue trail leads you to any town or location you know.

Name: Tyler
Place of origin:small town in the country
Skills:
Common Skills:
Enhanced Strength- Strength Above That of normal humans
Enhanced Senses - Senses above that of normal humans
Bone Manipulation- Control of bones

Extra Skills:
Shadow Step- travel from a shadow you make contact with from a shadow of a known place or being.
Undead Form- Immunity to ice, and negative energy. Increased damage from Holy, and Fire energy.
Enciclopedia- You can understand any language spoken, and can now reference it to answer any questions you have about the world. This is limited to Navi’s knowledge, and finally acts as a direct line to Navi should the need arise.

Unique Skills:
Shade Form- Take form of living human. Dark vision. Weakness to light, and light magic. Immune to dark magic.
Shifting Mist- Allows you to shift appearance between human, and undead.
Great7

Ok
Demini (played by Great7)

“So who are you, I know you said your name and I didn’t really get it so... oh yes who are you and who are the people behind your and also what are the people behind you if you don’t mind me asking and how much did I drink last night”, demini asked calmly while sitter on the grass. He was wearing a black hoodie and black pants, “also where can I get more drinks, alcohol is fine if you have some, I don’t really care”
a small girl of slight stature could be seen. her form seemed mostly human, she had long black hair down to her mid back with pronounced bangs and long side framing lengths that seemed perfectly straight with a hint of wave and stopped at mid neck. the large blue eyes of the pale doll like human girl had rather massive light sensitive pupils hinting she was more active at night. 5'1" was her height and her weight around 90 lbs. her dress was frilly, black and vitorian in design, sweet lolita style with gothic lolita colors. a silver crucifix around her neck, light blue ribbons in her long hair.

her black stockings were mid thigh length alongside her skirt, with not even an inch to separate them. her shoes were a flat soled pair of mary janes. and across her shoulder was a satchel that served to hold her immediate possessions from her life as a cosplayer and gamer from a large cosmopolitan city. seemed she came from San Francisco.

the girl gave an innocent curtsey that was a bit too high as she gave a high pitched youthful greeting. coming across as barely anywhere near adult. "helloesies. the name is Umbrie." well, she was 19. despite being 19, she primarily lived on glucose or sugar. sometimes carbohydrates. she had a huge sweet tooth, but her metabolism supported it. "anyone know where i can get some warm honey in a bowl with a spoon? that stuff is yummy."
Tyler (played by Shadowlord148)

I look around at the people/creatures around me, a small slender framed girl asking for a bowl of honey, she's cute in a little girl type of way. a relatively normal looking guy who's asking for alcohol, and a spider-like girl that kinda freaks me out a bit. and a rather annoying pixie who i want to skewer through the eye.

"Where the heck are we? And who are all of you? What's going on?"
Great7

Again
The woman looked around then at her hands they had some..weird looking armor on them. What had that voice said about arachnid form? She really couldn't remember after a few moments of reflection she rubbed the back of her head and finally responded to Navi and the others." Um...did I ..die or something? Or bump my head.. really hard when I fell? I don't..know this place at all." The female then paused realizing she was talking to..well a fairy and what looked to be some other creatures ..or people? Well they kinda looked like people. " Uh... did I wake up at some kind of cosplay convention or something?" Her voice got a higher pitch as she started to freak out. Her body was trembling a little bit as she backed away from the group, this was not a good way to wake up that is for sure. " Where are we? What am I? What is going on?" The as of yet unnamed monster blurted quickly as her anxiety reached a breaking point. Her head was beginning to spin and she could feel a migraine trying to form as she tried to process what was happening.

Great a guy that asks questions”, he said then looked around, “i William go back to sleep now since this is a dream a way. I guess I sleep while reading”
Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

"Wow, you two are taking this really well." She said to Umbrie, and Demini. "These two seem to be taking it more a bit more normally." She says to Tyler and Elizabeth. She then turns to Tyler directly "Try it!" he hears in his own mind in response to his thought. "Ok, lets answer those questions. As I said I'm Navi. I am a Fairy Empress. I am a High tier monster. I was named by a human from your world, known as a World Traveler. He has asked me to go around looking for more World Traveler, and help them where I can. That's why I'm here. As far as a drink. If water is fine there a brook this way. Spirits we would have to find a settlement. Monser "
She then Turns to Umbrie to answer her question. "Awww, you're adorable... but um well honey isn't cheep. We can get you some when we get larger town."
She then turns to Tyler, and coldly answers "A Field, Navi, and You came here from a different world."
She then Turns to Elizabeth. She says something in an unfamiliar language. You feel a calming sensation filling your mind. "To my knowledge you didn't die. Maybe you bumped your head. Do you have a lump? As for cosplay, I... Don't think so. I would pull off a killer Tinkerbell look though!" She says giving a twirl. "Alright so we're in the Moonhollow Prairie. Which is actually fairly lucky, as we are close to the dwelling of Spirits. As far as what you are. You are a Jorogumo. A humanoid spider monster. Both you monsters could probably pass as human with a little effort. As far as what's going on..." The calming spell ends, as glowing orbs form all around emanating laughter. The little fairy cackles "You are a monster in a land of monsters talking to a little fairy!" She says in a menacing voice, which cracks at the end, and she begins coughing.
"Ok look, I'm going to teach you a few skills real quick." The little fairy says her voice now horse. ignoring Demini's insinuation that this was nothing but a dream.

“Should have listened when they said that vodka and beer with wine and soju had bad effects for the heart. They should have mentioned the brain”, he said then lied down on the floor, “a voice changing fairy and a little goth girl. Are you sure I never smoked in my life cause it feels like you did yesterday. Nah, my brain is just being crazy”, he said muttering to himself out loud, “crazy”
((Could I possibly join as one of my characters? I don't really care which.))
The unnamed monster trembles some as she looks at her hands." I'm a s-spider!? Oh god...eww..." She freaks out a little bit and begins to whimper. Of course the Fairy's scary voice did not help her nerves at all. She sits down and takes a few deep breaths. " O-okay..okay so ...we're in some kind of other world? Like...like I went to narnia or something but...everything is weird." The woman closes her eyes and tries to think for a few moments." I didn't bump my head, i'd have a pretty big lump..so ..this is real..but why the heck am I a spider!? A-and how come they get to be human?" She points to the two humans of the group. The monster definitely felt like she got the short end of the stick...but maybe in time she'd grow to appreciate her special gifts." Why, um were we pulled into this creepy place?" She stares at the man who kept rambling about being drunk and perked a brow." I am pretty sure there is no drink strong enough to make any of us imagine this stuff..."
Umbrie seemed a bit cheerful and helpful with seemingly pure intentions. looking towards the Jorogumo. "Spiders are Adorable though. same with Hydras and Displacer Beasts." the Goth Girl gave a seemingly cheerful yet childish answer in tone. "i can kinda sew. i'm not amazing at the task. but i made this dress with time and effort. maybe i can make you a basic cloak in exchange for enough silk to make a nice spidersilk outfit in my size with."

He sat up and looked at the spider, “one spiders are my favorite animals so pls respect your form. Two. There’s a drink that could make a guy my age see the White House and the blue house mixed together so I think I drank that one again, although I made sure not to drink tonight.”, he said briefly. If this was a dream then he would just go along with it, he didn’t have anything better to do, “also goth girl, it’s nice you can make clothes from her spiders like so what you say, can I get a hoodie”
Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

(I know not everyone has responded, but I felt it was an appropriate time to post. I do like that people are communicating with each other)
@ Main party:
Navi put her tiny hands on her hips. “My voice didn’t change it’s called voice affectation.” She said in response to Demini. “Look, I understand this is a lot to take in, but you are not drunk. You are not high, or asleep. You may be crazy, but I’m not qualified to make that call.” When Elizabeth suggest Narnia she turns to her. “Yes exactly, but less lion, and more awesome fairy of awesomeness!” She then starts fluttering around all of you. As far as to why you are a monster, I really couldn’t tell you. I can say though it happened with two of you it is exceedingly rare. What do you mean creepy place?! My master told me what kind of stuff you have on this internet of yours.” She says in a huff. She then turns to Demini when he mentions a drink that could make two houses melt together. “That sounds like Pixie Stools.” She says still idly flying in circles.

When Umbri suggests making her clothes out of silk Navi kind of perks up a little. When Demini asks for a hoodie, she meekly chimes in. “Could you also make a tiny dress please?” She then snaps up straight. “Shoot, shoot, shoot! I forgot.” She then flies up to Umbri, Spider girl, and Demini one at a time polking them on the nose. There is a glow, and she says “Boop!”. She then flies up to Tylor, and bopped him on the nose with a closed fist. The force is only enough to sting a little, and follows it with a more aggressive sounding “Boop”.
*You all gain the Extra skill Enciclopedia- You can understand any language spoken, and can now reference it to answer any questions you have about the world. This is limited to Navi’s knowledge, and finally acts as a direct line to Navi should the need arise.

*Umbri Gains the Extra Skill Thought transferal- You can with a touch send your thoughts, memories, or skills into the mind of someone else. Note: Extra skill Enciclopedia, and Common Skill Guidance combine into unique skill Roadmap- A faint blue trail leads you to any town or location you know.

“There now that that is done, are you guys ready to meet the Spirit Queen? She can grant you two names.” She says pointing at the two monsters with one hand each. “The humans can try to form a pact with spirits. This will improve your chance of making progress in this world.

@Derek Stone:
You are in your bar setting up for the night, when suddenly you are surrounded by a blue mist. As the mist swirls around you you hear a voice. “You are being summoned You will be granted the following abilities. Common skills granted Enhanced Strength: Your strength is improved beyond that of an average human. Body Armor- You have a physical armor that protects you from physical damage, and Calming Aura- a passive skill that keeps people’s emotions from hitting extreems, yours included. You gain Extra Skill Magic Fists- You Physical attacks now deal magic damage thus can be used on incorporeal beings.. Note Body Armor, and enhanced strength combine into Extra skill: Steel muscles - Your unarmed attacks are as hard as steel. Extra Skill Iron Fists, and Magic Fists combine into Unique Skill: Titan Fist- When Attacking your fists are harder than diamond, and bypasses all damage resistances, but not elemental resistances. Extra Skills Magic Fists, and Calming Aura combine into Unique skill: Touch Of Apathy- You can touch someone you can neutralize their emotions.
Note 2: You have had a restriction placed on you. You may not disobey orders from, or attack summoners. As a result of your restriction your common skill Enhanced strength has been upgraded to Extra Skill Super Strength- You power far surpasses that of human limitations. Maximum weight you may now lift is 5 tons. (Sorry going imperial here) Your Extra Skills Magic Fist, and Super Strength combine into Unique Skill. Might of Atlus- You can lift large chunks of earth without them crumbling.

You look around, as the mist fade. You are surrounded by a circle of men. They are talking, but you can not understand what they are saying. One walks up to you, and holds out a hand and chants comething. New common skill granted: Comprehend Languages- You can understand, and be understood by all languages. “Greetings, I am Delnal. I am the king of Bronzshade. I am the one who summoned you. I have decided to leave you free will, so long as you do not disobey my orders.” He begins to walk toward the door. “Follow!” He barks, and your body is compelled to obey. “I am sure you wonder why I summoned you. The simple fact of the matter is we are preparing for war. Now you may ask questions, but mind your tone.”
The arachnid smiles and tilts her head as she listens to Navi speak." So.. it's a good place, n-not..one where we're gonna go to war or die or anything?" She says in a hopeful tone.

The woman then turns to Umbri." Oh r-really? I think I could do t-that I mean I dunno how to make silk yet or anything but if I can then I'll make a bunch for you!"

At hearing the two compliment her on being a spider she rubbed the back of her head." I just...I dunno I'm kinda scared of spiders. They sneak up on people and bite em! Though I suppose some spiders could be considered cute.." She says in a shy tone. Though as the fairy booped her nose she seemed to go completely cross eyed and froze in place. She blinked several times and looked kind of lost for a few moments before smiling." Uh well cool thanks fairy lady." The spider seemed a little confused at the mention of a spirit queen." W-wait uh? Is this like a bad spirit or a scary thing? What do you mean by giving us names?" She asks curiously.

Pixie stool, we call it something else in my world then”, he said ignoring the fact that the fairy touched him, “ok, then, this is not a dream cause I felt that touch so then why”
Great7

((You can post when you need to so as to keep it all straight jzerox))
"A war, you say?" He said, raising an eyebrow. "I mainly only have one question for the time being. Where am I?" He asked as he followed the King. "I understand why reinforcements would be needed, but where did the mist bring me?" He said, his voice becoming panicked before returning to a more businesslike tone immediately after. "Well, I suppose my location matters less than what you need me to do. I suppose you summoned me to fight for you?"
Tyler (played by Shadowlord148)

After hearing Navi speak in my mind a cringe with the force and listen to everyone else talk. after a bit she flies around and boops everyone but me on the nose which is a punch, "Ouch! Ok i deserved that...sorry for my thought...didn't think you were telepathic. By the way why do you keep referring to me as a monster? i'm clearly a human." (note: tyler didn't realize he was a skeleton for a brief moment)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus