Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Demini (played by Great7)

Demini looked at Tyler, “its just that you’re all skin and bones but bones”, he said with a grin, “I can even see your rib cage”
Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

@Derek Stone:
The king continues to walk down the hall. Copper colored tapestry adorns the walls. The symbol of this kingdom seems to be a turtle carrying a castle on it's back. On the opposite wall are glass windows. You can see over the whole city. The city seems to be made in tiers. The one you are currently in consists entirely of the Castle, and is the highest point. Below that are mansions, clearly the home of the nobility. Next seem to be shops, forges, and all sorts of stalls. Finally are small shack like houses. There are stone walls separating the different tiers, and in the distance the outer wall seems to be made out of Bronze.
"You are in my Kingdom, and a world apart from your own. The reason we summoned you here is simple. World Travelers are stronger than all but the most elite warriors. In lue of spending twenty years raising the perfect warrior it is more efficient to simply summon one." He turns ahead, and leads you into what looks like a feasting room. Several large chandeliers are illuminating the room in a grid pattern. A large mantelpiece takes up the wall across from the door you entered, and more tapestry, alternating with sconces adorn the walls. The room itself if filled with large empty tables, and chairs. Were it not so empty it would be a beautiful feast hall. However with nobody here it feels foreboding. "We are not without mercy, small though it may be. We could have completely erased your free will. When you are not acting as my sword you will be allowed to do as you will as long as you do not leave our walls." He says calmly. "You are now dismissed until I call you again." With that you seem to have regained control over your body.
"Hanz, come here." A short, thin man enters from a side door. Despite his thinning, brown hair and stubble he is well dressed. He gives a bow, but says nothing. "You are to act as a guide, and helper to our guest. Should he have any questions, or needs I trust you to take care of it. Is that cear?" The man simply bows in response. "Good, now you may both leave."

@Main Party
When the Arachnid girl asks about war, or dying Navi just flutters in place for a moment. “Well the possibility of dying is always a possibility, no matter what world you’re in. That’s why I’m here to help you. I will give you the best chance you can get. As for war, the different nations are currently at peace, albeit strained right now. The Kingdom of Bronzshade is in a state of unrest. They learned too late that, though lining your outer wall with bronze is great for defense it’s horrible for the farms near it. They are suffering a food shortage, and the other kingdoms are profiting off of it.” She puts her tiny hands on her hips, and huffs. “I swear the greed of humans knows no bounds.”
Navi begins circling around the spider woman eyeing her closely. “That however is far from the most important thing. You can mostly pass for human. You need to find, or make gloves to hide the fact that your hands are not that of a human. Your extra eyes we can hide with your hair, or maybe a hat. As for the red color of your eyes, well that is surprisingly less of an issue. Sometimes world travelers have abnormal colored eyes, just aesthetically. This wouldn’t be an issue if humans didn’t fear, and hate monsters.”
When Demini mentions they called pixie stools something different in his world she turns to him. “Well actually Pixie Stools are a type of mushroom. It’s called that because Pixies farm them using um… well… cow stool. Some of the ogre tribes then use them to make mash, sweeten it with honey, and berries…” She trails off. “OH! Child of darkness!” She called out clearly referring to Umbri. “We can get you some honey… if we can get the ogres to cooperate.” She says clearly pleased with herself. She flies up to Umbri holding up a hand for a high five. (whether she gets a high five or not she continues.) “As far as why you came to this world I don’t know. Maybe this world is about to undergo change, and needs more heroes. Maybe you just desired really strongly for your life to change. Heck for all I know you’re all here because you forgot to wash your feet one too many times! There really is no way of knowing why world travelers come here, short of summoning there is rarely rhyme, or reason to it.”
When the Shad apologizes she beams at him. “You’re forgiven, and yes you did! As far as why I keep referring to you as a monster is well… “She then touches your nose again. You see a skeleton just appear, then a black mist form around it, and condense into a human form. The other humans, and monster you’re with are there too. It is at this point you realize that the monster is in fact you. She flutters off to answer more questions leaving you with your existential crisis, and jabs from Demini.
“When the spider asks about the spirit queen she flies back to her. “No, not even remotely evil. She guards the Labyrinth that houses the dwelling of spirits. Her duties include that, and granting her blessing to those who may one day become heros. I’m sure I could talk her into giving you names too. As far as names go… in this world most monsters are unnamed. To have a name given to you would make you stronger. It ONLY has that effect on monsters though. To a human a name is just a name. Sadly your human names you had before coming here no longer fit you as you are not human. Thus I will take you to get new names ones that can become fabled, or infamous dependant on your actions.”
"Very well. I suppose I should be grateful for the priveleges you've granted me, albeit small. I assume that you left my free will mainly intact because, although obedient, a puppet has no ability to make split second decisions, in combat or out. I have mainly one question at the moment; what makes a 'world traveler' such as myself so much stronger than most? I understand that one such as I is in good physical shape, but i'm nothing extraordinary, and there are many stronger than me in the world I come from." He said, sighing. He then extended his hand for a shake. "Well, either way, I suppose I'm stuck here. It's nice to meet you, Delnal. My name's Derek." He said, awaiting a response.

“Ok, away from all those. Let’s see, the bronze kingdom is suffering from food shortage then that means they will be going to war soon to rob others. It’s only a matter of time. And they can’t really take down the wall since they will be defenseless so the king has one choice, go to war”, demini said trailing off
Great7

((Don’t wait for everyone to reply and reply all at once cause it makes it a little confusing and rushing please.))
((Agreed.))
Umbrie would return the Pixies high five. "Umbrie or Do'Shre'Ni wasn't quite the name i was born with. Do'Shre'Ni is a handle that translates in my home world's ficticious accounts of the elven mythology to 'Nightshroud' which localizes as 'Umbrie' rather cleanly. not that we have elves, but they exist in our stories. the life before this one, i played interactive story games for sport, and wore the costumes modeled after the heroines of those stories as a rather childish form of entertainment." *Umbrie confessing she was a competitive gamer girl, fantasy otaku and cosplayer.*

"so? are world travelers the subject of many heroic tales? do they shape the world? do they create new eras from thier wake?"
JZer0X Topic Starter

I love this site you can filter by occ and IC comments. So there are a few things. First I am quite busy, but I will try to post at least once a day. Second I have bad memories of RPing on another site. A free form fast action RP. While I was at work I missed 3 pages, and the left my character to die by accident. I ended up talking the gm in letting me join the bbeg, but still. That being said I see your point. I will do a compromise. I will do conversation posts to keep progression smooth, but plot progressing posts I will hold off on
JZer0X Topic Starter

I did it to.

@ Umbri, and Demini:
Navi nods at Demini's assessment. "Yes, at the very least even if the king does not want war there is unrest among his people. It will have two outcomes. First the King will declare a war to save his people. The second is there will be a cue, and then the new leader will declare war. The latter would be longer off, but bloodier. At that point there is a good chance the new leader will be unwilling to compromise."
She then turns to Umbri, very quickly changing gears. "Oh, that's a cute name though! Reminds me of that one pokemon my master told me about Umbreon. He liked games very much. He had this little hand held device with two screens. He eventually found a way to charge it with magic." She puffs out her chest in pride, and pointed to herself with her thumb. "You're looking at the victor over the pokemon league!" She then drops her head in an over dramatic display of exasperation. "That leader though with his stupid mega metagross. He KOed my poor Gardevoir." She sighs, obviously upset that her favorite pokemon lost. When Umbri asks about other world travelers. "Well that depends. Some just live there lives like normal people. Some who are summoned have their wills sealed, and are nothing but weapons for their summoner. Some do go out, and become great adventurers. World Travelers gain abilities when they come to this world. So more often than not even the weakest world travelers are stronger than most human residents of this world."

@ Derek:
The man Who the king called Hanz walks up to you, and puts his hand on your arm. "He has not given you permission to touch him, likewise he was withdrawn your permission to speak to him. Let us go, I will answer your questions." He says as the king turns, and leaves through the doors you entered in. Once he is gone the man gestures to the door he came in thought. "My name is actually not Hanz, I have just never been given permission to correct the king." He says in a light manner. "My name is actually Sayver, it is a pleasure to meet you Derek. To answer your question. World travelers are granted powers upon arrival. The reason he let you keep your will is purely his idea of mercy... a puppet may not make split second decisions, but they also are more loyal, and expendable. As far as your physical shape, well who gets summoned is random. Sometimes sadly there are failed summons. Children who get summoned to this world. Their bodies are incapable of withstanding their on powers. They are doomed for only five years max. We try to mike their lives as happy as we can." He says trailing off at the last bit. "Do you have any more questions?"

He was listening carefully to Navi’s talk the walked up to Navi and caged her in his hands which was formed like a cup, “tell me, you say that summons are the most powerful weapons in this world, then how, what’s a good word...motivated, how mobster is this bronze wall king”, he asked trying to show no ill intentions

"HEY!" She says as you grab her. "Don't be getting any funny ideas Mr.Handsy! I didn't say they were the most powerful weapons. That title goes to the Demon Lords. Monster, who transcend the title monster. They are living weapons. The physical embodiment of destruction. Summons, and world travelers are just stronger than most humans, and lower tier monsters. As it stands, I am stronger than you four. I'm on the lower end of high tier monsters. As far as the king goes... monsters, even ones viewed as friendly such as my kind are forbidden in his capitol. He cares for his human citizens.. He has hesitated this long only to avoid losing lives in a war. He knows soon he will have to choose between deaths from starvation, and deaths from war, and I will tell you this. Humans would rather fight, and die against a foe they can win against. I'm sure you know swords, and bow will do very little in fighting famine. Now if you would be so kind as to let me go. I would rather talk about more fun topics."

I’m not squeezing that tightly. Ok, then tell me this. You say he cares about the lives of those in his kingdom, what about summons, actually the answer doesn’t really matter, just have an insider in that castle cause it might save your life one day since fairies are know for their connections to the earth. And you said you wanted a fun topic so how does one become a demon, it sounds kinda fun to me”, he said loosing his hands a little to give the fairy space to move around in
He nodded and followed Sayver, sighing. "Ублюдок... So, to sum it up, there was no tactical thinking involved in either summoning me, or leaving me with my free will? I'm disappointed." He said as he shook his head. "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Sayver. So, I assume that the abilities I was granted was what the voice in the mist was going on about?" He said, pretty sure that he was right, ad simply asking for clarification before he continued. "My abilities seem mainly physical, with focus on hitting everything, and hitting hard. Is there anywhere I could train my abilities?"

@Demini:
"It's not about how tightly your holding me, but rather the fact that you are holding me period. Hasn't anyone told you it's rude to grab a lady without her permission?" She says as she tries to wriggle between your fingers. "As far as becoming a Demon Lord, there are a few requirements. You have to have a high enough magicule count to evolve. You also need enough skills, and finally you must kill ten thousand humans with the intent of becoming a Demon lord. So, yeah. It costs you your humanity. Top fun that."

@Derek:
"Well as far as summoning goes, we don't actually get to choose who we summon. That part is completely random. The summoners do however pick your abilities. So there was indeed tactics to your summoning." He ponders for a moment when you ask about training. "Would you be willing to wait on training? The Oracle wishes to speak with you."
"I suppose so. Who is this oracle you speak of?" He asked, perfectly willing to wait before he started his training. "I assume that they have some form of precognition or something?" He asked, following Sayver as they headed to the Oracle.

“Well in that case I would need a war”, he said, “then looked at Navi, “you’re a female. I thought you were a male all along”
((A WAR YOU SAY!?))
Great7

((?))
((Nevermind.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus