Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Nate (played by JZer0X) Topic Starter

@Derek:
The woman sighs. "You may call me Oracle if that is not too snobby for you." She says with a smirk. "It would do you well that Comprehend languages is considered a common skill. The king does not have it, but that is simply because dealing with the main populous is beneath him. Truth be told I had some of my people infiltrate the kings summoners. As I'm sure he mentioned he is planning on going to war. I have been quite vocal in my opinion that we should begin working with the monster villages in the area. He is a very proud man, and one who refuses to work with monsters. The reason I bring this up to you, and the reason I had my men join in your summoning is the same. I can not risk you being used as a tool to kill me." She says quite bluntly herself. "With my influence in the summoning the kings own safety net protects me. That all being said he is not an evil man. He truly cares about his people, and would prefer to avoid a war. However the other human kingdoms take advantage of our plight. I do not know if you noticed or not, but our outer wall is coated by a thick layer of bronze. Beyond that was fertile farm land. However copper is toxic to plants, so sadly what was to be our greatest defense was a dagger in out stomach. Beyond out farms are monster territories, and kingdom borders, thus stopping us from expanding. We have negotiated with other nations, but our coffers are running dry. They care only for their own pockets, and they would let our people die.
There are only two options. Forcibly expand our borders against the other kingdoms, or start dealing with monsters. The king as I said will not hear of making deals with monsters." She says with a hint of exhaustion in her voice. "So I will put it to you as you say with a lack of manners. I will not force my will upon you, but I would like you to decide who you will back. I need you to deliver a letter for me. To do so you will have to break the one rule the king gave you. I as one of the pact holders give you permission to go beyond the walls, and deliver this message to my monster emissary. Will you do this?"

@Demini: (Sorry the last one was a long post so I didn't see yours until after I posted it.)
Navi stops singing long enough to answer Demini's question. "We're going to the Dwelling of Spirits. There we'll give you, and Umbrie a chance to meet some greater spirits to make a pact with... wait. I'm mad at you! Grr... you tricked me into talking to you!" She says flustered.
Demini (played by Great7)

“Well, you broke my finger so I say we are even”, he said showing her his finger that was already healed without him noticing, “and I’m sorry if I didn’t hear the part about you being a princess, I thought this was a dream at that time. And I couldn’t see your dress for some reason. You still look like a ball of light right now”
He nodded, considering her request. "Give me a moment to think." He said simply, leaning back in his chair as he thought. "Well..... I would, except for the fact that I can't go out the walls. From what I can tell i'm unable to disobey my summoner, and i've been given explicit orders to stay within the walls." He said, before a mad grin spread across his face. "However, he left a gaping hole in his words. I can simply make a small wooden wall, and as long as I carry it around, I technically won't be disobeying his orders!" He said, clearly enjoying the idea. "Very well, i'll do it, if for no reason other than to ссать him off." He said, before his grin vanished and he returned to a neutral tone and expression. "As I said, I'll do it. What message will I be carrying?"

@Demini
"Well, I did ask you twice to let me go twice, but fine. We will call it even, and it's empress not princess." She corrects. "And if I'm a ball of light you're a pile of meat!" She offers a weak retort.

@Derek:
"I applaud your, shall we say ingenuity, but that wouldn't work. You are bound as much by the intent of the words, as the words themselves. However as I said I hold just as much power over your pact as him. I gave you permission to leave. As for the message it's just a letter. It is discussing trading goods for food. Some clothes, building materials, and even knowledge if it is necessary."

“Cute”, he said one under his breath and began to follow them. He was smiling a little, it seemed he found it fun to mess with the fairy.
Umbrie could be seen headpatting the faerie empress with an innocent smile on her face before she gave an innocent yet cheerful giggle. giving a sign of cheer as her pupils widened in reaction to the look of joy upon her face. "a deal with the ogres sounds like it would be pleasant to make. we definitely require all the help we can. and some merrymaking would be great for morale."
The unnamed monster sighed and began following the motley crew to wherever their destination was. She was happy that they could rest, and maybe figure out more of what was going on..and why they were here. She flexed her odd hands under her sleeves. It was certainly different having armor though she figured it'd come in handy if they were going on an adventure, though the woman had no idea how strong the chitin actually was. " I hope wherever we're going is nice! Maybe we can have a snack or something..and a good rest.." She giggles and covers her mouth as she hears a pokemon theme being hummed by the fairy creature.

@Spidy, and Umbrie:
"Well, it's nice for a magic Labyrinth!" Navi tells the curious arachnid. "As for merrymaking, I may just have to watch. I'm... kind of a light weight. Though the issue with the ogres is you will want to be at least as strong as the average ogre. They respect power regardless of species. You guys really aren't far though! This power boost we're after should take care of it!" She says happily.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.

Note: Event roll. 1-10 nothing. 11+ could be a lot of fun!

He walked ahead to the side of Navi, “hey frisky empress, since I’m in this world and all that, I want a favor. A payment. I don’t care if you give it to me or if it happens along the way, I just want it to happen”, he said in a small ask not to let the spider snd Umbria hear, “I might be selfish right now but I have my reason”
"Ah. Well, that makes it easier, at least."He said, nodding. "Alright, i'll deliver your letter. Who is the monster emissary you want it delivered to?" He asked, ready to leave as soon as he had enough information.

@Derek:
"It is an unnamed Ogre east of the city. Sayver will show you the way. He is my most loyal man, and since he is to be your guide anyway, nobody would bat a lash." The Oracle hands you a letter. "It probably goes without saying, but trust no one. Not even my men unless I tell you they can be trusted. It is without doubt that the king has spies among my people as well."
He nodded, tucking the letter into the folds of his coat. "It shall be done. I'll leave at once." He said, standing and turning to leave. He was about to exit when he stopped, turned to face her and grined. "Don't worry, your message will get there safe and sound. And if not, well, sorry. I'll do my best. Прощай!"
Tyler (played by Shadowlord148)

When navi picks me up with surprisely ease and carries me to the others, "oops sorry got distracted. So there is a war going on with bronzeshade and some other nation? And are we suppose to choose a side and fight?"

@Tyler:
"No, no war yet. As for picking a side it may just be best not to get involved." Navi said, as she continued along her way. (Bigger update in progress. Please bare with me as I am on mobile. Also image of tyler.)
pixie-brutus-comics-pet-foolery-11-5c41c802ca33c__700.jpg

He walked away from the fairy when he was done talking with her. He was a few feet beside her and deep in thought for awhile. He then brought out a notebook and began to scribble on it.

(Sorry guys I fell asleep. I haven't had sleep paralysis in over a year. I started sinking into the floor this time fun!)
@Main Party: (With the 15 look at your prize!)
As you continue down the path Demini walks up to Navi, and they begin having a conversation. Navi uses the same magic she used for the laughter earlier, but this time continuing her singing to avoid eaves droppers. As the conversation goes on Navi seems clearly more, and more exasperated before Demini walks away. As you continue your path Navi periodically switches to different songs from the pokemon game she is clearly familiar with. As the path comes particularly close to the edge of a wood two fox like creatures come out playing with one another. These monsters despite being the size of a large cat seem to be fairly young. They have the head, body, and bushy tails of red foxes, and the ears, and legs of a fennec fox. They have the marble coloration bread into red foxes. As they come into view they notice you as well, and cautiously start to approach. "Oh, this would be a good chance to practice naming." Navi said seeing the foxes approaching. "Though there are only two. Maybe you should discuss who gets to name them?

@Derek:
As you turn to leave she stands up. "Wait, you won't be leaving through the door you came in." She then raises her voice just loud enough to be heard through the door. "Sayver our conversation is done, you may return." With that he walks back into the door. "You please resume your duty of guiding our friend." She says as she walks to, and sets on her throne. "Now I too must return to my duties."
"As you wish M'lady." He says as he leads you out the main entrance. As he opens the door there are priestesses waiting that enter as you leave. "If you'll follow me we can do a quick tour of the city." He says passing the ladies, likely for them to hear rather than you.

He didn’t care to see navi’s exasperated face. He was deep in thought when he saw the two foxes, “count me out, Im not in the right moment, I will just ruin things for them”, he said when Navi finished talking then went back to his mind.
He nodded, following Sayver. "Of course. I'd love to see the sights." He said, also mainly for the priestesses to hear, as it would be strange if he were silent. He did, however, keep a sort of monotone edge to his voice, likely the effect of his Calming Aura ability.
Umbrie gave a smile. thinking of names in a frantic, nervous, but innocently harmless and well meaning tone. "i need to learn more about these two before i come up with names. names usually have meanings. redpelt would be a fine surname though, though a given name for each of them would be the hard part. unless others got ideas."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus