Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Festival Of Ilragorn ( Open To All! )

Kiros Aldrudis (played by AmberShades)

Welcome, Everyone! Yes, This RP Is Open To Everyone, But There Are Some Rules I Would Like You Guys To Follow.

Keep The Cursing Light. Not Everyone May Enjoy Swearing! ( 'Damn' and 'Hell' Are The Only Words That Are Considered Lightly Swearing )
    Don't Be Afraid To Type A Lot Or A Little! No Writing Lengths Are Required!
    Make Sure The Way You RP Makes Sense!
    Enjoy Yourselves! This RP Is Open To Everyone!
    Don't Be To OP. No One Likes That One Undefeatable Person.

If You Would Like To Join, Just Jump Right In!

Now, For The RP! ( Apologies For The Extremely Long Start! But You Have To Start Somewhere, Y'know? )
******************************************************************************************************************************

The village was bustling and alive, and though it was only noon, the town seemed awake. Excitement was filling the air, and the usual irritated or dull mood had faded away. There wasn't a person who wasn't smiling at the moment, for all were thrilled as most fiddled with vendors. One station held an elderly woman tying colorful flower crowns to a string that rested from one side of her post to another, while many pots of unusual flowers were planted at the feet and sides of her station. At another area, a middle-aged man was seated on a stool, advertising potions and liquids you couldn't quite recognize. His banner was written in a foreign language that wasn't known by most, so little amounts of people approached him. Still, he managed to sit tall and sing what was guessed to be an anthem. The sun glistened and the clouds drifted slowly, casting shadows over the crimson and amber leaves that would glide off the ghost-white trees. Children were playing chase around the fountains, women were gathered in a field not to far from the plaza and chattering the latest gossip, and most of the men were gathered around a blacksmith's station or setting up their own post. The streets were busy with the Festival of Ilragorn, the village's year-round festive holiday. It was much like any other day, only it welcomed outsiders to settle and sell their items without becoming a travelling salesman or saleswoman for too long.

Kiros Aldrudis galloped through the tall grasses, steps away from the group of women. She brought her pace to a walking speed, though it would be a jog for most average folk. Her lower half was in the shape of a deer’s, the coat a shade of grey with white freckles plastered across the back, though her upper half appeared to be human. The Centaur inhaled sharply, muttering a chant beneath her breath before wincing at the dizzy feeling washing over her. The air shifted as she almost appeared to be like the rest.

Almost.

The way she sauntered was peculiar. She huffed and held her head high, understanding that she wasn't sauntering correctly. She was playing off as a human, afterall. Her balance was going to be odd and her stance unusual, but she didn't seem to mind nor care. Her knees were always bent at the slightest, and she took fairly large steps with each movement. Her elbows were tucked by her sides, and her hands were clutching the satchel that was tossed carelessly over her broad shoulders. Readjusting her oversized hat, which was in the shape of a witch's and the color of dry soil, Kiros continued gliding through the crowds. Though the women gave her odd looks of disapproval and confusion as she passed, she tried not thinking of it.

She wasn't dressed properly, so it caused more attention than she wished for. Her dress wasn't puffy and large like most women's. If she were anyone else, her dress would have a gold-laced rim that was tied neatly around her waist, making her appear skinnier than she was. The skirts would be layered and colored a deep silver, dragging on the ground beneath her. The sleeves would puff at the shoulders but tightly wrap around her arms, leaving the lace around her wrist to be noticed. Though.. she wasn't like most. Instead of a thick waistband, she had a thin belt wrap around the rim of her skirt, which was the opposite of what she wished it was. The skirt was silver, but it was cut short and thin, stopping at her knees. The belt was traced with laces of gold, but the belt itself was crimson. Her top was a tank-top, matching the chestnut brown of her eyes. The sleeves were hanging off her shoulders, tightly clasped around her arm. She wore leather boots which were colored a sable black with a zipper outlining the inside, which meet the skirt's length and was cut off right below her knees.

The awkward walking female took a seat on the fountain's edge, drawing a book from her satchel and flipping through the pages. She hoped the village's people would settle soon, for the excitement was to be saved for the activities at the festival. A smile creased her lips at the thought of the event, but she didn't speak anything of it as she continued reading her novel.
Geth (played by Sentient_Trashcan)

Inside of a small building, Geth was looking out at the crowds, mentally cataloguing any new races or customs he saw. He was excited for the upcoming festival, for the sole reason that he may learn things that he did not know. And the best part was that the festival accepted outsiders, such as him. Of course, they most likely meant foreigners of other races, but they left a very major loophole by not specifying. However, he doubted that most people would agree with him, which is why he was currently inside said building.

He was awaiting the arrival of any other Flumphs, although admittedly doubtful any would come. He was glad for the chance to gather information, as well as share the knowledge he's gathered over his years to any who would require his assistance.
Kiros Aldrudis (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Kiros stretched, a yawn escaping her lips. A gust of wind thrusted past her, followed by the children in the current game of chase. Startled by their laughter and whines as they were tagged, the Centaur drew a sharp breath and lifted her feet, grasping her skirts to avoid the children stepping on the laced fabric. With an irritated sigh, she waited until the children had seemed farther from where she sat until she rose to her feet.

She held her book to her chest, narrowing her eyes at the lower back of her dress. It was drenched with the fountain’s water, making the silver seem like a darker shade of gray. Slightly frustrated, Kiros sauntered into a nearby building. She reopened her novel, flipping through the pages to find her page. She squinted and looked around the building, hoping there was a place she could take a seat.

Failing to find somewhere she would be comfortable, she shuffled to the side of a pillar- which was wrapped in brightly colored lights- and leaned against it, her shoulders rolled back. With a soft smile, she continued reading, only to flip the page every moment or so. Her gaze would lift, and she spotted the unfamiliar creature. She caught her breath. What was that?

Swiftly, she held her book higher than before, raising it over her face as she turned to her right in hopes of not being caught staring.

Geth heard her enter more than saw, floating to a position behind her as he read over her shoulder. He had not read the book she was reading as of yet, and was therefore very interested in reading it.

He was enjoying the book, floating a little bit higher to get a better view of the book and accidentally bumping into the pillar, a sharp metal voice cutting into Kiros' thoughts with a cry of pain. He quickly retreated away, uncertain how she would react to one of his race. He moved to a position behind the pillar he'd bumped into, hoping she wouldn't notice him.

Kiros drew a sharp breath, bewilderment ringing throughout her thoughts. She slowly shut her book, whipping around on her heels. The novel rested underneath her arm with a tight grasp, and she furrowed her brows as she studied the empty space. Confused and alarmed, she reached for her belt to draw her switchblade.. which was not in its usually place. Distracted, she looked down at the empty hitch in her belt. She huffed. Just her luck. She didn’t recall losing it, let alone drawing it from its place. Brows pinched together, she tried recalling when she had lost it.

She was reading.. and the children were running.. Her skirts were lifted off the ground as she recoiled back.. As she recoiled to avoid her skirts from being stepped on. Going over the distant memory, she recalled seeing a glistening reflection in the water, though she didn’t understand it was her weapon.

Gathering scattered courage, she stood straight and rolled back her shoulders to stand at her full height. "Hello? Who goes there?" She nearly snarled, assuming she would have to frighten the potential fellow. "I would suggest you reveal yourself before I am forced to use a weapon."

Of course, she didn’t have one, but they didn’t know that.

He moved from his position behind the pillar, his tentacles raised in surrender. [No need for violence, ma'am.] His voice rang in Kiros' mind, conveying the impression of great age and knowledge. [I'm terribly sorry to have frightened you, I was simply attempting to find a better angle to read from.] He said in way of explanation, hoping that she wouldn't use her weapon on him, before taking a closer look at her. [Incredible... you have the physical form of a human or elf, but your magical signature is completely different than one of those races. Would you mind terribly if I ask how?] He said, all feelings of fear gone as the chance to learn emerged.

She was taken aback by the creature, though she didn’t question it too much. He didn’t appear to be of a threat or problem, but she kept on herself on edge. Just in case. Kiros growled, though she wasn’t angered or bother at his wondering. "Pardon me," She looks the stranger up and down, "but who’s asking? And why would you like to know, Sir?"

She understood that in a town much like this, rumors spread fairly quickly. Her guess was the word had gotten around she was here, and she wasn’t risking it. It had occurred before where the guards searching for her had sent a fellow to befriend her, only to stab her back and locate exactly where she was to said guards. But, this time, she wasn’t allowing such things to happen.

[Hm? Oh, yes, where are my manners? My name's Geth, i'm a Flumph. I'm a collector of knowledge, and a proprietor of information. It's a pleasure to meet you, young lady.] He said, his voice gaining a proud tinge. [And, not to ring my own bell, but I happen to be rather adept at it.] He said, dipping in a sort of half bow.

Kiros bit her bottom lip, a habit that unconsciously occurred when she was focused on her thoughts. She wasn't the most excellent when it came to reading people as if they were a book, but she decided to return the awkward bow. She raised her book to her chest, tucking her opposite arm on her back as she placed one foot behind the other. Lowering herself halfway, she was quick to rise again. "Kiros Aldrudis. The pleasure is all mine." A moment of silent passed before she decided to speak once more, tilting her chin in an upwards direction. "May I ask why such knowledge of my.. 'magical signature' is needed for you? Are you collecting it for someone?"

She reached for her satchel, tucking her book alongside many pages of blank papers after swinging the top open. "And what does my magical signature mean to you, Sir Geth?" An eyebrow raised, and she peered at him with a sharp glare as she tightly secured the satchel.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Festival Of Ilragorn ( Open To All! )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus