Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Unanswered question, seeking suggestions.

MasterWinter

Hello fellow role players, Winter here.

So first off. This has nothing to do with RPR site issues. If it was I promise this would be in that help topic.

This is concerning an OC of mine here on RPR, to be more specific this one: Dagonlance Keeper

You see Damien, name of my OC, his lore was put together by a good friend of mine upon my request. My friend was talented when it came to these things. I love what he came up with for Damien, and the Dragonlance race.

There's just one teeny tiny problem.

I forgot to ask my friend, what exactly a Dragonlance is.

Like are they a hybrid of elf and dragon? Are they elves with some dragon power to them? I read and re-read Damien's backstory, and my mind keeps being blank.

I know what your thinking: Why don't you just ask your friend?

Answer: I would if I could, but I cannot. In short: His rl is pretty much taken over so much, I can't even get a small hello from him to just know that he is still alive and well. Not that I expect the worst, but I know to an extent how rough it can be for him and I worry.

So. My question is: What do I do?

Reason I ask this is I want to make another Dragonlance OC. But since I don't know exactly what they are, and I can't ask my friend, I don't know how to go about with the OC.

Technically I could just do things my way, since Damien is my OC. My thing is I just want to respect my friend since he helped me create Damien.

Help?
I would probably just assume that the character is a mix of dragon and elf, and you could drop your friend a message in the mean time and just expect an answer back at some later time.

I've created OCs based off original species and I don't really talk to either one of the creators anymore, and have had to take a few liberties. But they are my characters after all. It can create difficulties down the line when others are involved in the creation of our characters.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

JustaBitEvil wrote:
I would probably just assume that the character is a mix of dragon and elf, and you could drop your friend a message in the mean time and just expect an answer back at some later time.

I've created OCs based off original species and I don't really talk to either one of the creators anymore, and have had to take a few liberties. But they are my characters after all. It can create difficulties down the line when others are involved in the creation of our characters.

Ya it does get difficult for certain. Not the first time I ran into this issue, but the first time I ask about it.

Thank you very much! ^-^

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Unanswered question, seeking suggestions.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus