Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The End of Humanity(Chaotic Version)

Nijusei (played by LunarValravn)

All that remained of the once grand city was scorched steel frames of skyscrapers and remnants of vehicles floating in the pools of lava. Here and there the remains of a poor soul could be seen uselessly clinging to debris. The air so thick with smoke that even the glow of the fires were not enough to lift the darkness.
The roar of fires was the only sound that now occupied the formerly busy metropolis. The only save one, laughter. Not laughter from fear or even disbelief but laughter that sang in triumph.

Of all the dead a single soul remained. An 18 year old girl who stood atop the skeleton of a building. " You see that!? They burned so beautifully!! Ahahaha!!" She covered her left eye as she leaned forward, a crazed look on her face. " Now THAT'S beautiful and the scent!" She took a deep breath in. " Nothing like scorched flesh to start the day. Now where to next?"

As she looked around, Arrakis spoke to her. " You do know that you are killing your own"
Niju swung her left arm in an effort to eliminate the annoyance. " Shut up! You have no right to defend them after everything they have done!"

Closing her eyes, she stood up straight and felt the hot wind blow across her face. The sweet taste of victory and silence of death slowly calmed her down.
Wind upon his face, the hills and dunes all around. He sat there in solitude among the ancient sands, breath after breath.

It was a cold day, it always was, though could he even feel cold? Senses blasted endlessly by things mortal man was not meant to bare witness too often malfunctioned. Case in point: as the man relaxed his eyes darted across bright lights and morphing colors. Ruined walls became malformed structures of four dimensions, the sands became as water.

Real or a hallucination? Jackson was sinking into the watery sands. He reached above himself, gasping for air, his AK strapped to his side floated above him, his mind began to wander into darkness. How many times had this happened? How long had it been since his days in the institute? As he rushed through the black ichor of reality, he could only think back onto his days born of the bureau. He could only wonder if he'd ever return home.

Like the eyes of a newborn, he was scarred by lights. Bright hues he could not describe descended onto his cornea as the man swam towards it in the void. His hands reached a pin prick of light, and pulled it apart.

A million moments passed, and then he breathed. Gasping for air, the masked man grasped for his throat. Pulling at it, ensuring there was nothing choking him. He fell onto his back, rolling onto a hard landing. Breathing ragged, he relaxed a moment. He watched the always so visible distortion of light above himself, always so visible whenever this happened.

Then, the scent of smoke hit him, his vision returned, and he realized he was surrounded by hell. The man jumped to his feet around the time he noticed that his clothing was on fire. "Aha, cyka, nyet!" he called out loud enough to hear a mile away, patting the flames off of himself. He had been laying on the ruins of a tall buildings top, under which burned the world.

"Perhaps, this time I really did die!" thought the ragged man. And then, his vision descended again, once more forms morphed, and he began to run. He walked across debris and through hallways unseen. Rushing his way all about, as if running from this new world itself. Demons from his past, screams in languages long dead, and a sense that the government might be up to no good seemed to permeate him in a panicked haze.

And then, he ran into a room in which a young girl stood. It was as if the haze cleared from his mind all at once. A human! Something he could recognize! And she looked normal too, by his biased standards.

Breathing heavy, he stared a moment, and then, in broken English, he began to yell.

"We have of to leave here!" He yelled, voice cracking, body shaking, eyes darting. To an outsider, he may appear shocked by having survived the destruction of the city. In reality, he was hallucinating, panicking, and excited to find another human.
Wind upon his face, the hills and dunes all around. He sat there in solitude among the ancient sands, breath after breath.

It was a cold day, it always was, though could he even feel cold? Senses blasted endlessly by things mortal man was not meant to bare witness too often malfunctioned. Case in point: as the man relaxed his eyes darted across bright lights and morphing colors. Ruined walls became malformed structures of four dimensions, the sands became as water.

Real or a hallucination? Jackson was sinking into the watery sands. He reached above himself, gasping for air, his AK strapped to his side floated above him, his mind began to wander into darkness. How many times had this happened? How long had it been since his days in the institute? As he rushed through the black ichor of reality, he could only think back onto his days born of the bureau. He could only wonder if he'd ever return home.

Like the eyes of a newborn, he was scarred by lights. Bright hues he could not describe descended onto his cornea as the man swam towards it in the void. His hands reached a pin prick of light, and pulled it apart.

A million moments passed, and then he breathed. Gasping for air, the masked man grasped for his throat. Pulling at it, ensuring there was nothing choking him. He fell onto his back, rolling onto a hard landing. Breathing ragged, he relaxed a moment. He watched the always so visible distortion of light above himself, always so visible whenever this happened.

Then, the scent of smoke hit him, his vision returned, and he realized he was surrounded by hell. The man jumped to his feet around the time he noticed that his clothing was on fire. "Aha, cyka, nyet!" he called out loud enough to hear a mile away, patting the flames off of himself. He had been laying on the ruins of a tall buildings top, under which burned the world.

"Perhaps, this time I really did die!" thought the ragged man. And then, his vision descended again, once more forms morphed, and he began to run. He walked across debris and through hallways unseen. Rushing his way all about, as if running from this new world itself. Demons from his past, screams in languages long dead, and a sense that the government might be up to no good seemed to permeate him in a panicked haze.

And then, he ran into a room in which a young girl stood. It was as if the haze cleared from his mind all at once. A human! Something he could recognize! And she looked normal too, by his biased standards.

Breathing heavy, he stared a moment, and then, in broken English, he began to yell.

"We have of to leave here!" He yelled, voice cracking, body shaking, eyes darting. To an outsider, he may appear shocked by having survived the destruction of the city. In reality, he was hallucinating, panicking, and excited to find another human.
Nijusei (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

A voice that shattered such silence, how was that possible? It rang through her veins like liquid ice. Tense, she turned around, her right eye glowed with a fire that matched the hell around them.

There he stood, a shadow of something that should not be. The way he trembled and the burns on his clothing made her believe that he was some lucky survivor or perhaps unlucky fool. " What the hell are you doing here!? More importantly....HOW THE HELL ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!?"

To wake those in the lava would be an understatement yet behind her the lava moved in a directed wave. It fell still for a moment then shifted again only to erupt in a fountain of fire. Scorching hot wind blasted ash and magma past them with the sound of a bomb.

When the smoke cleared, a demonic face of massive proportions glared at him. A living mountain yet a dragon all the same time. Through all this Niju never flinched
Were her eyes red? No, they must be blue, grey perhaps? Jackson's senses were still taking a beating, the colors morphed, but they were surely frightening. Then again, so was everything else here. Could he even conclude a thing from this? It's not like he could even make out peoples faces quite right.

The man could seem rather strange, even out of place. His clothing was old and ragged, seemingly from another time and place entirely. His way of speech was broken and accented! Even the technology he had about him was horribly out of date. There was not a single electronic device about his person.

She screamed at him, words and questions he frankly couldn't answer himself. Regardless, eyes wild, he began. "I do not knowi-" Interrupted, his last words would never see the light of day. Interrupted, stolen from the air by what could have been a bomb. The man darted quickly out of the way of the lava and smoke, desperately aware of his masks inability to provide him oxygen were he to breath it in.
There he stood, arms in front of his face as if to protect himself, the face of something hellish before him. He slowly peaked above his hands, met it's gaze, and then flinched back into them.
"Oh blyat..." he muttered under his breath. In but a snap second, he pulled from his back his Ak-74 and pointed it at the creature. He locked eyes with it, staring deeply from his multicoloured eyes. He would not blink, he could not blink at a time like this!

"Girl, you run." He said slowly, his posture and his voice clearly tense with a hint of fear. He had never seen a demon like this! Addressing the face now, he asked a simple question: "Are you of God? Or of spirit? Nothing like you I've seen..."

Should he be attacked, he was ready to fire into the thing. He hadn't seen a person for so long, he wouldn't allow this opportunity to fade! She could be a key of knowledge, or someone even just to play chess with.
I mean, she was clearly shocked someone else had survived! It's obvious she must be scared. Poor girl probably never even saw a spirit before.
Jackson hardly noticed his jacket smoking, cinders burning little freckles into his skin. It seemed the guy was quite flammable, who knew if he'd even notice the fire spreading.

Seeing him run was far to hiliarous to her. Psychotic laughter echoed off the few remains that existed of the city. For all the smoke and toxic gases, she was unharmed, breathing as though the air was clear. " Kuma I should-" The sight of the weapon stripped whatever humor she found in the moment away.

Her left hand appeared to be on fire as the silver of her blades and claws glowed with the fire. Fingers twitching, she stepped closer to him, the light revealing a most disturbing trait. She had no shadow. Death would have been his had he not told her to run.

She tipped her head in confusion for a moment before laughing again. " Run from what!? My own shadow?" Raising her hand, she motioned for the dragon to follow. Kuma seemed to grin before sinking into the lava. A shadow crawled onto the ruins and rushed over to her. It connected to her feet only to mirror her shape. Red eyes seemed to stare at him from the shadow for a brief moment before fading away.

She got close to him now and poked him in the chest. " It's spirits! Got it!? Two-" She froze again as she noticed his odd eye colors through his mask. No human as far as she knew had two different eye colors besides herself. She had to be imagining it, a simple reflection of her own eyes.

Still off kilter from her spirits, fury returned to her face. She didn't care how tall he was and stood on her toes to attempt to match his height. " What are you doing copying me!?"
He was frozen in place as he watched the face disappear, crawling away as a shadow appeared under the girl. He had never seen anything quite like it before. Visibly shaking, his knuckles were blued from gripping tight to his rifle.

"R-run from spirits, they are of danger is what I mean!" Jackson stammered out, slowly turning his head to her. If he tilted his head any further it looked like it could snap.

The girl poked him, still he did not respond. The force of it had him rocking a bit on his heels though. He could still hear her laugh echoing distantly in this proverbial valley of the dead, just what was she?

Suddenly, the girl stopped her speech. He could barely hear it anyway, his mind was too scattered. She rose to her tippy toes, spooking the man. Her sudden jolt had him falling over onto his ass. There he sat, rifle in hand, looking up at her, back to a broken pillar. "C-copying you, cyka! I am the original!" He yelped with indignation at her. "Or are you a clone, I am of never copy, they made me first at institute!" He pointed his finger at the girl, rather silly for a man laying in a pile of rubble.

His eyes were wild, showing even clearer their heterochromatic coloring.

The scrambled words that seemed to come out of his mouth was too much for her own shattered to handle. At first she tipped her head to the side and stared at him, dumbstruck. Slowly a few words stuck out at her enough to make sense of what he said.

" I'm no clone idiot! They did this to me!! They made me what-" Institute? The word held fast and resonated between her and her Spirits. The ground trembled for a moment and more ruins fell into the lava. The hellish tone drowning the silence in her head.

Something snapped and she moved like lightning, swatting his hand aside to grab his collar. " They MADE you!! That's great!" She exclaimed though so clueless to how different they were. " That must be why your eyes are so different! They are monsters! Only we understand that! Never let them touch you or cage you! They'll PAY for their crimes"
Fear in the mind of a man, laying in rubble, staring indignantly at someone who could end him in an instant. What a strange world this is, he wondered if he'd ever return to Earth!

If she wasn't a clone then why was she insisting he was a copy of her? He had met clones before, they weren't as good as him. Usually they'd die fairly quick or be tested on. He was the superior, the best of his kind! The true product of communism and her success in the motherland! If only he could return there...

Within seconds, however, the girl was pulling the man to his feet by his throat. Grabbed by the collar he could hardly breath. Where was this insane strength coming from? It reminded him of the nurses at the institute punishing him when he'd be bad. Harsh is USSR caretaking.

"Yes! I would not let them cage me, I ran away, far!" Said Jackson, in between ragged breaths. It wasn't untrue, though it certainly lacked many details. "But... why is city destroyed, did they do this also?"
Could this have been the result of nuclear warfare? He had often heard of what the other bureaus were up to and the impending world war 3 often reached his ears. This must be the result of American aggression. No, it can't be!

Could this be... Earth?

"By god..." he muttered quickly, pulling the girls arm away, taking a step in the direction of the magma filled streets. He took in a long gaze. "Yes, they must pay!" Jackson screamed, those who hurt the motherland would be destroyed!

He ran good. Humans were never to be trusted especially the ones that wore fancy suits and medals.

A grin most evil crossed her face now. Fire seemed to dance once more in her crimson eye. " It is their fault that the world burns. They devour everything that they touch"

She staggered backwards some when he pulled her away to look at the hell. A simple harmless act yet she felt tossed aside like scrap. Silently, she approached from behind. Claws gleaming and ready for the kill and a demented joy in her eyes....until he cried for revenge.

It was her turn to stumble back and hit the floor now. What was it that it scared her so? The fact that he yelled or that she nearly killed another seeking revenge? She did not know. " You want revenge? I'LL show you beautiful revenge! They'll scream and beg for mercy but the angels will flee and the demons....hehehe"
He turned slowly, ever so slowly. On his face was worn a tired and weary expression.

Flames rid up the buildings all around, the earth was torn asunder for miles, all about them was destruction and hell. If this was his land then truly his enemies would pay dearly.
All he could think of was getting out of this accursed place and sealing the fates of those that had wronged him so dearly.

He kneeled down before the collapsed girl, staring deeply into her eyes, and asked her but one simple question: "Show me of where we may start this revenge."

Through her both Kuma and Arrakis returned the stare. Each one trying to find what hid in his soul, if he had one.

Her red eye glowed like a hot coal with his simple request. Teeth of dragons showed in a massive grin. " Follow me but don't get lost on me. Ok?" Her talons dug into the scorched floor as she stood up.Turning her back would be foolish so she started running backwards. " Well!? What are you waiting for let's go!" she said as she waved her arm through the air.

" Niju, I think you're forgetting something import" Arrakis stated. The insanity was about to be shown as Niju started talking to herself.
" What did I forget? He wants revenge too!"
Kuma piped in now. " How will you keep track of eachother without names? You intend to call him...whatever you want for eternity?"

She placed a finger on her jaw as she thought for a bit. " Oh, mask boy? Right he doesn't even know our names! Haha" She looked up again but was a completely different person now. The insanity had given way to a cheery person. " Name's Nijusei or Kuma or Arrakis....just call us Niju! It makes everything easier!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The End of Humanity(Chaotic Version)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus