Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Widgets and BBCode hotkeys

I dunno if this is an issue specific to my computer, or firefox or whatever, or whether it's a site-side thing, but I'm noticing a slight issue with regard to the 2.0 widget editing pop-up for character profiles. Posting here rather than bug reporting in case it's just my side or something easily fixable my side. That, and it's a really low-priority little thing.

Using BBCode formatting hotkeys (ctrl + I, etc) prioritises browser features rather than inserting the code (e.g. ctrl + I opens the bookmarks toolbar). Furthermore, clicking the associated buttons on the textbox interface takes focus out of the textbox itself (as in you have to click the textbox again to edit the content).

This only occurs when editing widgets and does not occur when writing forum posts or PM posts.
I'm definitely also having this problem and reported it a while ago. For me it's while editing widgets and using the CHAT feature to reply to a PM.
ctrl+p opens print, ctrl+b opens bookmarks and so fourth. Might need to report again and I'd suggest you report it too. It might be little but is important!
Kim Site Admin

A patch was released a little while back to try and address this -- can you try a hard refresh on the editing page to see if it helps at all? ctrl-shift-r will do it in most windows browsers
Riik Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
A patch was released a little while back to try and address this -- can you try a hard refresh on the editing page to see if it helps at all? ctrl-shift-r will do it in most windows browsers

Nope, still doing it for me.

You are on: Forums » Help » Widgets and BBCode hotkeys

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus