Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Tracking items given from your inventory.

Whenever something like the roses or other "collectors" items come out, I usually wind up buying a whole mess of them and giving them away to my friends (and some raffles here and there).
This morning as I was trying to distribute a bunch of roses, I kept on running into an inventory management error (of which I'm certain was about 70% user error, trying to do too many things at once). The unfortunate result of this issue was that I lost track of to whom I had already gifted a rose. I didn't really want to message each individual and ask, and I found that only purchases are tracked.

Is it possible, and feasible, to have gifts from the inventory track as well as purchases?
When I’ve done my raffles and giveaways, immediately after I’ve given away an item, I always get a message from Server letting me know that the item was given to which user as well as a copy of the note that I included to them.

If you’re not getting those messages, it could be a bug that should be reported to Kim!
I do think just a straight-up log could still be helpful. In addition to better tracking who you've sent stuff to (which could also help against potential scams of people claiming they didn't receive something you thought you'd sent and already deleted the message for) it can be a nice booster to the feelgoods to look back and see "wow, I've actually given all these gifts to make all those people feel nice." And during EW, a bonus of "wow, I sent this many items to the Armory!"
Kim Site Admin

You are looking for an existing feature, the inventory history: https://www.rprepository.com/inventory/history You can find the link in the sidebar of your inventory.
Somnom wrote:
When I’ve done my raffles and giveaways, immediately after I’ve given away an item, I always get a message from Server letting me know that the item was given to which user as well as a copy of the note that I included to them.

If you’re not getting those messages, it could be a bug that should be reported to Kim!

A copy of this message is only sent to the giver if they included a note; if they left the note blank, only the recipient gets a PM.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Tracking items given from your inventory.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus