Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Fancy schmancy art of Femke. :D

Sanne Moderator

I dreweth! It's not done yet but I liiiiiiiiike how it's coming along.

femkeflatcolor.png
Kim Site Admin

All the art you have of Femke is cotton-candy cute! This one is no exception. I like the expression.

I feel like the perspective is different on her feet than for the rest of the picture, though? It's throwing me for a bit of a loop.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
All the art you have of Femke is cotton-candy cute! This one is no exception. I like the expression.

I feel like the perspective is different on her feet than for the rest of the picture, though? It's throwing me for a bit of a loop.

It's not so much perspective as it is high heels... I dunno, used a ref on the feet and it matches from a frontal view. The heels might be what's throwing it off? I blow at feet anyway D:
Kim Site Admin

Hmn, that could be it. It looks better when I look at it with high heels in mind.

Maybe when I've shaded it it will look better ^^ I'm going to have to work on feet though, in general!
I think it bothers Kim because it looks like she's standing on point like ballerina's. Might I suggest making a definition where the balls of her feet and toes are coming toward the viewer?

Uhm.. wouldn't that go against the idea of having high heels? She IS standing on her toes for most part after all. Kind of the point of 4 inch high heels when you're only 4'9" tall. :P

I'm also not sure what you're suggesting.
Kim Site Admin

No no. Heels actually cause you to stand on the balls of your feet. Toes remain more or less parallel to the floor, and the juxtaposition of parallel toes to diagonal foot creates two distinct shapes.

I think what Foxy is trying to communicate is this:
footsies.jpg

Oooh! That does look better. I was going to try that with shading but it looks good with lines too. :O
Kim Site Admin

Shading is good too! I'm always a fan of shading.
She is adorable and I want to kidnap her. >///>

Can I kidnap her? I promise to give her back. You can come, too- we'll all have tea. ^^

WELL. It just so happens I just finished this. :D Hope the feet look a little better too.

As a sidenote, I suuuuck at coloring/shading. I don't really need criticism on that, I'm not likely to try too hard. The main reason I did it was because it was fun, and I don't want that to get too serious.. <3

femkesmall.png
She's so perfectly shiny lol Nice work.

And yes, thank you for the visual Kim, I thought about doing that myself but I was afraid it would come off as creepy ^_^;
I rike it
Kim Site Admin

Ooh, I really like the background, it reminds me of sparkles and a feather boa at the same time.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Fancy schmancy art of Femke. :D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus