Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Amateur Art

So as some people probably already know, I've been working on improving my digital art abilities. I personally believe I have come a long way since the days of making random sketches of clothing models on my phone.

See?
xCY5TP0.png

I know I need more practice, and that's why I am making this post. Rather than trying to draw models that are already put together, I was hoping to try making character art of someone's character. I did this once and the result was something I was happy with, though I'd say I've improved a little since then.

If you think letting me try to draw your character is something you'd like, I'll welcome you to post below and let me know, but first you should know a couple of things.
  • I will not be drawing in any particular order, I'll pick a character I feel I can best do justice and improve from
  • Your character might be drawn first, or it might never be drawn, just depends
  • Please only post a couple of options (a couple means 2 =])
  • No anthros...I can't stress enough this isn't a discomfort thing (I really never understood that aspect personally) The real reason is hair is the most difficult thing for me so far, and I don't think I can make anthros yet
  • Humanoid creatures are what I'm most likely to try right now, humans or aliens etc
  • For convenience of browsing, I'd ask if you guys would provide links in your posts to the characters you're suggesting

I may add to this list ^^

When I finish drawing something (as long as someone is interested I suppose >.>) I'll post it here, a transparent full/half body or thigh up, something like that. The image will be yours to do with what you'd like at that point (including throw it away if it doesn't end up being what you hoped...just don't be mean please xD) Of course crediting is always nice too ;)

Lastly....if any real artists come across this page and see the things I post as drawn, I'd be over the moon for any suggestions, advice, etc they could offer, be it in pm or here in the forum.

Previously done:
Sivwikkas
rBWX7ge.png
for Heimdall

Currently working on: Pix (one of my own characters) - will review options here when choosing the next item to draw.
Revy. My mechanic character. She is always grungy from working all day and wears pretty open clothing as seen in her profile.

Max. My musician/photographer! He is an animal lover, especially big birds.

I am ot sure which one you would like to do! However, I can send more details if needed! I will definitely give tips if you get stuck! I'm a decent artist!
Ilmarinen Moderator

I would love to see your take on Sivwikkas! :) They will be tricky, buuuut ... at least no hair! ;) https://www.rprepository.com/c/sivwikkas
I'm always up for pictures of any of my guys! I love art! If you want, you can make a couple choices, but I'd love some of Nightmare or Dagroshank
You can draw either my Ravenna or Solara, up to you.
Alien_Princess Topic Starter

Thanks for the interest so far guys, haven't made a decision yet but thought I'd mention I have made one additional note in the requests asking for links to the characters in posts on this thread. This just makes it easier for me to go through characters and decide which one I think I can do =]
Sarah Chain (played by nightmqre)

that image has definitely come along way. i like it c:

no stress, but feel free if she strikes your interest c:

In case you hadn't noticed, I decided to take on Heimdalls character Sivwikkas (a truly wonderful little character I've adored for a while now!)

Yes...the fact they have no hair drew me in xD

Should have it finished today, then I'll probably pick another character to draw starting tomorrow/monday.

Not sure how long I'll keep doing this but I need all the practice I can get, so theres a fair chance I'll come back to this on and off even for quite some time as I plan to continue improving my art in the near and distant future, so dont feel like you're late to the party if you're wanting to add your character to the list.

Heimdall wrote:
I would love to see your take on Sivwikkas! :) They will be tricky, buuuut ... at least no hair! ;) https://www.rprepository.com/c/sivwikkas

Sivwikkas
rBWX7ge.png

Here is Sivwikkas! Sorry for the delay but I had a computer problem on top of the sudden trip up north I mailed you about. Thought I lost this piece entirely honestly, but managed to recover this and my other recent art attempts.

Anyway I know the line work isnt perfect and some of the proportions are off. If there is something you want changed on it I might be willing to try and fix some things within my ability to do so, just let me know what you think.

Edit: updated to include spots!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Heimdall wrote:

Sivwikkas
rBWX7ge.png

Here is Sivwikkas! Sorry for the delay but I had a computer problem on top of the sudden trip up north I mailed you about. Thought I lost this piece entirely honestly, but managed to recover this and my other recent art attempts.

Anyway I know the line work isnt perfect and some of the proportions are off. If there is something you want changed on it I might be willing to try and fix some things within my ability to do so, just let me know what you think.

Edit: updated to include spots!

Thank you so much! You did a great job with a tricky design. <3
TheNightmareSavage wrote:
I'm always up for pictures of any of my guys! I love art! If you want, you can make a couple choices, but I'd love some of Nightmare or Dagroshank

I forgot to put in the links! Agh! Well, they'll be the first ones in each of them if you're interested. Feel free to look at other characters of mine as well!

Nightmare

Dagroshank

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Amateur Art

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus