Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Transparency Issues

I've been trying to upload an icon for my group and no matter what we seem to do in order to make the background transparent (done both in Sai, and then tried again in gimp) it simply makes the edges around the image black, or replaces it with a solid black square. I've noticed the same thing happened when I uploaded my profile avatar as well, as in it made the edges around the image black. I'm unsure if were simply doing something wrong, or if this is a bug of some sort.. If we are doing something wrong, does anyone know how to get 'proper transparency' for RPR?
Sanne Moderator

Hi Zenith,

Are the images you upload resized to the proper size before you upload them? If they're bigger than 95x95 pixels for player profile and character profile icons, and bigger than 32x32 pixels for group icons, the site will resize the images for you and lose transparency in the process.

Can you doublecheck that they're the right size before you upload?
Zenith Topic Starter

I just checked the files and the avatar I've uploaded and the group icon are no larger then the requirements, in fact my group icon is actually 32x32 exactly. ^ ^;
Kim Site Admin

Hi Zenith,

If you email the original files to admin@rprepository.com I can do some testing. :)
Zenith Topic Starter

Sure thing!

You are on: Forums » Help » Transparency Issues

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus