Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Labyrinth: the Adventure Game (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

“Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to castle, beyond the Goblin City, to take back the item/object that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great. You have no power over me!”

That is the famous spell/saying from Jim Henson’s movie the Labyrinth. It grants the main character the power to defeat the Goblin King in order to rescue her brother from his clutches.

This story of the Labyrinth is a story about creatures/people losing something important to the Goblin King/Queen. After making the deal with the Goblin King/Queen they realize the folly of their ways. They wish to reclaim what was taken from them. Displeased with their decision the Goblin King/Queen grants anyone the chance to reclaim their lost item/object.

“You have 13 hours in which to solve the Labyrinth before that item/object is lost to you forever.”

With those words echoing in your mind, you stare out at the massive Labyrinth towering before you. The high stone walls would be difficult to scale even with the proper equipment. It twists and turns into strange and difficult patterns that are nearly impossible to remember without having something to draw it out. Even then it is rumored that the Labyrinth can change its appearance at will. This daunting task will test your willpower and your courage as you aim to overcome what the Labyrinth has thrown your way.

Taking your first steps down the hill you head towards the towering walls with some resolve in your heart. Each second that is lost brings you closer and closer to losing that which you value most. Will you be able to conquer the Labyrinth and reclaim that which was taken from you.

A few things to know about this idea. The character profile I posted with this LFRP article should contain everything you need to know about interacting with the profile. If you still have questions I am happy to answer anything to the best of my ability. Now, here is what I am searching for.

Players: 2 - 5 characters.

Time: 13 hours to solve the Labyrinth

Dice use: Occasionally to a moderate amount. Will only require the use of 1 or 2 six sided dice.

Location: I was thinking about making this either a private group message or placing it on the public forums. It really depends on how everyone feels about the options.

Character Sheet: Use of a character slot on your profile is not required. I do ask that you fill out the character sheet I have in the character creation tab on this profile.

Posting time: Flexible. I ask that you give each person the chance to respond to the events that are currently happening. Posting order can be flexible since I know people are available at different times of the day. While I know it is easy to get carried away with interacting with other characters please keep everyone in mind. Not everyone can get several posts in during a short period of time.

Since this is meant to be a quicker adventure I would like to keep things moving at a decent pace. If someone has not posted within 8 days I will still have their character within the Labyrinth but they will not still be traveling with the other party members. They will have simply gotten lost after wandering off during one of the scenes. If they post after that time frame I will continue their adventure for them.

Post length: While I am fine with shorter post lengths I would ask that each person contribute at least 1 paragraph (consisting of 3-5 complete sentences). Words and descriptions are very important when it comes to this game.

Characters: Each race is not limited on what gender they may be. While a race may appear to be more male there are females of that race. They hold a similar appearance to their male counterparts. Coloring is also flexible when it comes to your character. Unless it specifically says they are a specific color then you are free to be more creative with your character.

Goal: The Goblin King/Queen has stolen something important from you. You are tasked with finding your way to the Goblin City and reaching the castle at the center of the Labyrinth. If you manage to reach the castle and defeat the Goblin King/Queen they will return what they stole from you. Failure to reach the center of the Labyrinth within the 13 hours and you lose the object that you held dear. This can be any item/object/person. It could be something small or larger but the item/object/person in question should hold significance to your character.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.

Note: example of dice roll

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.

Note: example of dice roll

Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 10%
Bronze age
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Occasional dice use, paragraphs required, Will be played with a small group of players.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Labyrinth: the Adventure Game (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus