Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » ...and Then There Was One (1x1)

Naomi (played by EnkeliAgon)

One by one the days started to blur together. Crash landed on the jungle planet, Naomi spent her days and her nights scavenging for food and just surviving the harsh wilderness. Her home? The same escape shuttle that had landed her here in the first place. At first it had been used to travel the planet somewhat. The reserve power in the ship was enough to keep the engines functioning and provide transportation around the jungle. As of now however that power had long ago died, only having the backup cells to keep the on board mechanics still working. Computers, locks, other luxuries that having a state of the art vessel provided in a land that time seemed to have left behind. So what did that mean now?

The rhythmic pumping of foot steps hitting the ground sounded in the thicket of the forests. A large war blade attached to her arm, Naomi cut and slashed her way through the foliage as she sprinted away from a pursuing creature. Large, black and hairy, it resembled some sort of alien jungle cat, having 2 pairs of eyes and a gaping maw with 3 lashing tongues surrounded by razors for teeth. Were the claws mention? Yeah, there were claws too, like Ginsu knives attached to each paw. How was Naomi outrunning such a creature though? If one looked close enough they would see glowing coils braided into the humanoids hair, each strand of blue slowly draining though as she kept running. Upon reaching a clearing her heart nearly skipped a beat at the sight in front of her. A dead end, giant drop off a cliff with a large running river deep in the gorge below. Did this stop her though?

In a single leap Naomi propelled herself right off the cliff. She did not dive nor strive to reach the adjacent cliff on the opposite side of the gorge. Instead she rotated in midair, seeing the hulking creature behind her coming to a sliding stop at the cliff edge. Obviously it would not be jumping after Naomi, but this is exactly what she was hoping for. In her opposite hand of the war blade she gripped her autobow, drawing the string back while in mid air and taking aim at the now stationary creature staring at her on the cliff side. Releasing the string, an arrow auto-nocked to the string during the shot, a barbed arrow shooting forth from the bow with a reinforced tether linking to it and the arm of the bow. Piercing into the beast a loud cry of pain would be heard from it while Naomi started to fall, the tether tightening then with the distance increasing. Digging its claws into the ground and hunkering down so not to get pulled off the cliff, Naomi fell towards the rock face slammed hard feet first to stop herself. The glowing in her hair depleted completely at the impact, her energy surely saving her from shattering her legs as she now dangled there using the tethered creature to keep her from plunging into the gorge below. "Aye, good kitty!" Naomi called up to the obviously injured beast, a thin line of blood drops dripping from the cliff edge as it held itself there from falling. Naomi once having her footing on the rock face though soon cut the beast free, hearing it run off into the forests above while she remained safe there hanging onto the cliff side. "...now...which ways home?" Naomi was a bit winded, breathing heavily as she pulled her goggles down over her eyes. A hand reaching down to a small device attached to her belt, she controlled the HUD installed into the lenses of her goggles, monitoring the area and locating where she was. It seemed like this was the start to one hell of a day. She couldnt wait to get home and log it into the computer. Naomi had been keeping a diary of her stay here on the mysterious planet. She logged every day of it!
Nelis Orlitt (played by PANGAEA)

“If you are receiving this, my name is Naomi Setcura. Attached to this transmission are a set of coordinates marking my location. I am stranded on an off galaxy planet after being abducted by a covert research organization. I escaped my captors and managed to disable their vessel still in orbit around the planet, but without proper transportation other than an escape shuttle I am without means of vacating this rock and returning home. I am a known bounty hunter and can be found under the galactic freelance listings for anyone in doubt of my identity. With that, a appropriate reward will be provided to anyone who manages to get out here and give me a lift. Even if this message doesn't save my life your trip out here to the listed coordinates will not go unrewarded. The research vessel and the shuttle I hijacked are equipped with experimental technology surely rare enough to find a hefty income off of if nothing e-"

It was the at least the sixth time Nelis played the transmission, letting the words soak in till he had them almost completely committed to his memory. He perceived that the woman, or as it sounded to be, had been at ease in the situation. No doubt that she had already fitted herself into the environment. She was a bounty hunter after all, traveling was necessary along with foreign locations, so accommodating was no true concern. Naomi was her name and a well known one that was familiar to Nelis, but of course he really paid no mind. It was the 'experimental technology' that he was after, the technology that may have been stolen from him.

With a deep sigh he sat back in his seat, pinching his nose as he set the dashboard back to it's home screen. In not only five minutes would he be landing on the planet where his belongings were being held as well as the bounty hunter that he would soon encounter. A vessel was already being prepared within the terminal of his ship and Nelis was already equipped with various weapons, cuisine in case he needed to venture far from the vessel, a holographic map of the planet, a breather that provided three days of oxygen though it looked towards a black helmet, and gadgets that he, hopefully, wouldn't need to use. He was entirely clothed in a black full body suit that attached to his skin that he made for himself. Nothing else could be more comfortable than your skin, yes?

"Vessel B11 is ready for launch," the artificial voice informed when the screen displayed a bar graph of the vessel's status.

Nelis, quick to his feet, left the deck with newly acquired vigor and passed through the many automatic door that would eventually open to the terminal. The vessel was quite large, but it would be able to carry all that he needed when he would leave as well as another passenger. In all it had seven rooms, and two large storage ones. It's exterior was the plain simple white for most vessels of the time, but the interior was decorcated with the famous granite most people desired in their homes.

Not long after Nelis settled into the vessel had ejected from the prime ship and launched itself into the atmosphere.
Naomi (played by EnkeliAgon) Topic Starter

The journey home would be slow and steady. First having to work her way back up the cliff, second having to find her bearings and get started in the right direction, last making surro fend off any other wonderful creatures that looked at her as some sort of snack. She wasn't in the mood to get eaten so she proceeded through the woods with caution. It took a while but surely enough the hunter made it home and in one piece. She fired up the on board computer and took a seat, her fingers dancing across the keys as she logged today's events. Little did she know today was not quite over yet.

Halfway into her entry Naomi stood up from the computer and stretched, heading then to the ships wash room. She wasnt fond of smelling like a foot so a nice warm shower was in order. She had no idea a potential guest was on his way so she took her time there and relaxed, getting the thick jungle smell and he mud and sweat off her. It felt like just another day here in her little paradise.

Two minutes tops was all it took to make a fine landing into the forestry. The hiss of the air was heard as the doors of the vessel began to open and revealed Nelis to the new world with new dangers. Inhabitant, humid, the many things he had to take in before he would step foot on the 'grass' that it looked to be. The vessel will have known much about the planet before he got back and would sent it to his the transmitter built in his breather.

The globetrotter wasted no time in finding the crashed ship. He began with a navigation system he had assembled into the helmet as he paced though the knee length grass. No telling what could be shrouding itself just beneath, but he wasn't far from the ship and there would be no intervals in between. That'd only risk his safety. As far as he knew the probability of being attacked from one to ten was.. Ten.

Only fifteen minutes into the trek, he saw the ship that the earlier transmission had spoken of. It didn't look to be too bad, but it was evident that it couldn't fly. Nelis neared the ship and rounded till he found the doors that would lead him in. They opened automatically to his presence and he stepped in with of course, caution. The bounty hunter may have been long dead, but there could've been other inhabitants on this planet with the like mind of humans. He slowly slid out his firearm, easing his way deeper into the ship. It was active still, not sure whether it was a good or bad sign. The interior was decent, which could have meant someone, something lurked there.

Not that further in he noticed a computer, screen still lit and Nelis immediately investigated and saw that it had been a recent log.

Though the ship had an advanced filtration system to refresh and clean the water that she used, Naomi didnt take the longest of showers. She would be in one of the side compartments getting dried and changed as Nelis reached the ship. After her long day out across the planet she was feeling pretty content with her adventure and figured it was just going to be a lazy night there on the ship. After drying she didnt bother getting dressed any further than her underwear, tying her long hair back behind her into a tail as she walked out into the main hub of the ship. Her expression would be similar to that of being caught with your pants down as she saw Nelis standing there at her computer with his weapon drawn. Almost like a deer in headlights type reaction, her hands still up to the back of her head as she was tightening the tie on her hair. She didnt have a super models body or anything like that, but ignoring the scars and surface wounds from her time here on the planet, Naomi's physique wasnt a bad one at all, probably why she blushed also once she realized she was half naked.

"Well... this just got a little awkward..." She spoke out, not making any crazy moves or anything that might startle the man or cause him to have a hostile reaction. After being on the planet for close to half a year Naomi knew that there were no local villages or tribes or the sort to this region. She knew he was an off worlder by his appearance alone, and the smell. It was crazy the things you're used to when stranded for so long, to the point you can smell a difference on someones body. "Dont suppose you're here because of a floating transmission, are you?" He was hopeful that her message is what brought him here. Otherwise he could be some sort of raider or someone who just scavenged planets for gear, which would probably mean bad for her seeing as she was sort of half nude and unarmed. Naomi was tactical though. She wasnt too worried about him being hostile if it came down to it.

Midway into snapping the nozzle of his firearm towards her, he paused as took in that she was more than just unarmed. Thankfully his expression couldn't be seen through his breather to reveal that he was staggered, yet flabbergasted all at once. Not sure what to do in the tense awkwardness of the moment, he slowly let his weapon slip back into his pelt and decided to look anywhere in the room but her. Nelis wanted to get rid of the blush that covered his cheeks and get his mind back to her question.

"Yes, it was your transmission," he answered, standing up from when he had been looming over the computer. "You recently made a log?" If anything, he'd like to know where his technology was, but he'd wait till later to bring it up. Didn't want her thinking he was any sort of thief or raider.

She couldn't see his facial expression but body language could tell many things as well. Naomi, to Nelis' fortune, was a bit as uncomfortable as he was though she saw it in him as well. Luckily Nelis swapped the topic away from the awkwardness, hearing his question about the log there on the computer screen. "Well when you're alone for over half a year you need ways to occupy yourself. I have an entry for the past 192 days I've been here. That ones not complete though." Naomi gave a info on her alone life here on the planet, all the while fishing out a pair of slacks and a tank top to cover herself up with.

Out of all the moments Nelis could have shown up it had to be right as she was getting out of the shower. Go figure right? If Naomi wasnt the rugged type she was there probably would have been a bit more of a reaction than just the simple blush. Her cheeks by now had cleared up though, looking over Nelis and his attire. "The air here is safe if you want to take the... Mask off..." She made a gesture with her hand, as if taking a mask of her own face. They were inside the ship after all. Perfectly clean air supply! "If not, that's fine... Umm..*cough*... I'm Naomi. Aaaaaaand you are?" She had an interesting accent to her voice, a feisty English tone to it, sexy and aggressive! Sounded like Captain Scarlet from boarderlands 2, if you know the game.

Suddenly remembering about his breather, he grinned and brought his hands up to the mask. With a hand on both sides he turned in until heard heard a faint click and lifted it off his head. He held the helmet under one arm and brushed his disheveled hair back with his fingers. His somewhat golden eyes flicked back towards her.

"Nelìs," he had a deep throaty well-bred baritone voice. Not one that was common with a people so maybe it was a gift, "you seemed to have made yourself at home here." A vague grin reached his lips in watching now she had spoken with such character. Maybe because he spent so much time alone that he had forgotten how amusing people could be.

His posture seemed to relax a bit and made a few more steps into the ship

The name he gave her was rather fitting for the voice used to deliver it. His assumption of her making herself at home though was spot on. If he hadn't noticed yet she had a number or trinkets around that she had collected from the jungles. Creatures claws that she had hunted, a few pelts rom back when she had power issues and needed to stay warm at night. The proof of her survival was all over the place if you looked around. "Well, when you're stuck on a random ass planet for long enough you start to care less about what others think of you moving in. I made myself at home as soon as I realized I was t going anywhere." Naomi chuckled, walking to the side of the room they were in there and finding a cooling unit, fetching out a water purifier. "Thirsty?" She offered, getting a pair of cups out and pouring them some drinks.

Rather friendly for just meeting the guy? Can't blame her really after being stranded for so long she was actually really happy to see another sentient individual again! Talking to herself and the computer for this long probably wasnt healthy! "Soooooooo... What's your price for getting me off this rock, and how soon are we shoving off? I don't have any attachment issues to this place so I don't mind... You know... Leaving..." She offered one of the waters to him then, taking a sip from her own.

He raised a brow at her -well- blabbering and took the small cup she offered, but wasn't planning on drinking any. It was evident that not being able to speak to anyone had had quite an effect on her, but he could relate. He'd been on his ship alone for at least a year and a half. Talking really wasn't required, yet he did in the languages he had known so he wouldn't let any of it go to waste by forgetting.

"You said a ship with experimental technology had crash landed here, yes?" his English accent was fresh on his tongue, no matter how many languages he learned to get rid of it, but he soon stopped caring altogether, "It may be what was stolen from me. Once we find it and store it in my ship we can leave." he chuckled lightly, "You sound as if you've been here long enough anyway."

Finding a place to plant her rump Naomi sipped from her drink and listened to what Nelis said about fetching experimental technology from the crashed ship. She chuckled at the me mentioning of this, setting her drink down on a counter top and shaking her head. "This is the only ship here on the planets surface. You want experimental tech, you need to go up to the marooned science vessel orbiting the planet. Anything here on the escape shuttle is all my own." She stood back up and proceeded to get her stuff together, readying for them to go since what he wanted was not here on the ship she escaped on. Or at least she wasn't showing him the gear she had hidden on her DISC and would let him figure out what ever he needed from the science vessel. "So yeah... The sooner you get me off this rock the sooner we can go up there and give the ship a look for your stuff." She turned back to him once she was all geared up, spinning around her finger then a keycard attached to a small lanyard, more than likely an access card for the science vessel in orbit. She was totally willing to help him out! She just really wanted off this lost world of a planet!

Nelis studied her a moment before nodding in agreement and set his breather back on, turning it again till he heard the click, "Well let's get on our way." he spun around back towards the doors that had led him in and gestured her to follow. He looked forward to finally being able to finish his works that he still hadn't fully understood. The work wasn't just to unveil a new source of power, but it was running in his system. He needed to figure out who he was and why he could do the things he could do. From years of experience and study he revealed the talent that he never knew he had, but it wasn't enough to fully understand the true meaning behind it. He decided he'd take it into his own hands from there and began a project that would take years to complete and when it was almost complete it was taken from his grasp.

Though he hadn't announced it quite yet, he noticed the fluid in her braids, but wasn't sure if it was what he thought it was. Maybe she'd reveal to him in time and he'd focus on getting his work back till then.

She was probably too excited about getting off this damned planet to have realized Nelis had observed her braids. After she attached them she took the liberty of focusing her energy into them, thus causing the glowing he had noticed. "Yes, definitely! Lets get moving!" She was more than happy to grab the last of her things, walking over to the computer she had been typing on and copying her data files into her DISC. Ready to get moving she trailed closely behind Nelis out the doors of the shuttle. Punching a code into the doors control the lights all died off and the door locked. Sure, some wayward traveler down the line could use the ship for themselves if they could hack the door open, but this provided Naomi a place to come back to later if she ever needed to hide away somewhere herself. She had the coordinates to come back if it ever came down to it.

"So, how far off is your ship?" Naomi following behind held a hand to the small core attached to her belt, a glowing light shooting into her palm then and constructing a pistol out of data fragments into physical existence. The Glory of some of that experimental technology! "I pissed off a rather large cat before i got back here earlier, so i dont know if it might be out looking for me or not..." Naomi kept her eyes sharp, never knowing what would jump out from these trees. Damn Forest!

He glanced back, watching as the firearm generated in her hand and immediately knew what it was, but still didn't want to confront her about it. He'd wait until they were on his ship so he could actually test it and be given results there. Now all he was left with is how she got to use it properly. The question quickly vanished from his mind as he recalled her question.

"About fifteen minutes away," he hastily left he fallen vessel, stepping out into the tall grasses of the foreign planet. His mind focused on her second statement about.. The cat? If anything, he didn't think a large cat would be running around. Matter of fact, he imagined life on the planet entirely different, but if she had encountered it he was sure she wasn't lying. "Nothing we can't handle." What he said could have been an understatement depending on if he'd use the fluid or kept it to himself, wondering if she was trustworthy of knowing that he had the same condition as her. Though he highly doubted that she would prove to be a threat he'd still take precautions. As someone who spend his time alone he was very wary of strangers.

"I dont mind a walk, but it was that same attitude that landed me most of these scars back when i first arrived here, so dont say i didnt warn you if something jumps from the bush and maws your arse." Naomi pointed out the various cuts and markings along her arms where they were visible. Whether it was big or small, the creatures of this planet were certainly dangerous and she had learned fast not to underestimate them. "So, what do you do for a living, Nelis?" Naomi chirped up, starting some sort of conversation so they wouldnt just be walking in silence. From her transmission and reputation almost anyone around the galaxy knew who Naomi was, her infamy of being a bounty hunter proceeding her. This man before her however she knew nothing about, only that he apparently had a way off this planet which was too good of an offer to pass up.

(Sorry for such a delay. My RPing spark disappeared for a short while. Should be good now. Im less distracted with things haha)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » ...and Then There Was One (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus