Epic Week RPR Doubbutt / ForOhFor Castle Table Top Game

Create an RPR 1d6 dice

Create an RPR doubbutt figurine

prep.PNG

Create the action spinner:

Print out the spinner picture
Stick onto a piece of cardboard
Cut out
You can make it stronger by wrapping it with self adhesive clear film (also known as book covering sheet)
Use a pencil to pierce/stab through the center
Spin the pencil and watch it stop at your next action

Spinner PDF to download and print

spinner-craft.PNG

Create the game board:

Gather different sized empty cardboards (11 pieces)

Cut out the sides that won't have a door painted (if you accidentally removed all the sides, no worries, you can rebuild the needed walls later)

Recreate the Doubbutt ForOhFor castle rooms and decorate the rooms using different materials (fabrics, cardboards, coloured paper, colouring pens, toys...)

Flooring: [cardboard + black ball pen & ruler]

Use the inside of empty cardboard boxes by turning them cutting them flat and placing them upside down.
Cereal boxes and cookie/biscuit boxes have the inside cardboard made of clear grey colour which is perfect for the flooring. (no need to colour it in!)

Mark the floor by tracing lines (1x1 cm width/height) with a black ball pen and ruler to make the squares stand out clear and visible.

flooring.PNG

Walls and doors: [pencil, ruler, rubber, cardboard + paper, glue, brown felt tip colouring pens]

With the sides of the cardboard boxes flattened (or cut out), make the walls by tracing smaller lines (0.5 cm height) with a pencil and dividing them into "bricks" by tracing vertical lines spaced out to depict a wall.
I kept the wall height to 6 cms (you can make it taller or shorter as you see fit)

To make the door, take a side cardboard and trace the shape of the door (3cm height x 4 cms width) and paint the door brown with felt-tip colouring pens, keeping the edges rounded

Once you have done 1 wall without door and 1 wall with door, by hand (using a pencil, rubber, ruler) you can scan your own created designs and print them out several times (black and white copies or grey scale print outs for plain walls, colour copies for walls with doors).

Cut and paste these printed out walls, using white glue or a glue stick, in a collage style to form walls (where there are none) or cover the side cardboard of all the needed rooms. It will save you a lot of drawing time
)

walling.PNG

Red carpets:

Use red craft eva foam (or use an old Christmas stocking, or other red felt material, if not you can use red coloured cardboard, red coloured paper or red fabric will also work)

Make the patterns using needle and yellow thread (either embroidery or ordinary sewing thread [if using normal sewing thread use 4 strands at a time for thickness])

Stick the carpets down using white PVC glue, or similar

carpetting.PNG

Purple weapon changing room carpet:

Use purple craft eva foam (or purple coloured paper, or cardboard or other purple fabric instead) 4cms x 4cms and round the edges with scissors

Use Manley wax crayons to draw the ? question mark sign

Stick the carpet down using white PVC glue, or similar

purple.PNG

Banners: [1cm width, 4 cm height]

Green:

Use dish washing sponge cloth for the green banners (or other green fabric, green coloured paper or cardboard can be used as well)

Print off and cut out the phoenix shapes, stick at the end of the relevant banners.

Red:

Use an old Christmas/Santa stocking sock (or other red felt material for the red banners, you can also use red coloured paper or carboard or other red fabric)

Print off and cut out the phoenix shapes, stick at the end of the relevant banners

Stick the banners down using white PVC glue, or similar

banners.PNG

Sky and clouds:

Use light blue thin cardboard (or blue paper) and cut to measure to create the sky

Use glue + cotton wool and stick patches inside the "sky" spaces

Stick the blue cut outs down using white PVC glue, or similar

sky.PNG

Windows (some with clouds) :

Use light blue thin cardboard (or blue paper) and cut to measure to create the window

Use glue + cotton wool and stick patches inside the "sky" spaces

Stick the windows down using white PVC glue, or similar

windows.PNG

Snake Garden:

Grass:

Use craft eva foam (green) to create the grass

Measure the centre of the "room" leaving 2-3 cms each side.

Mark the foam, cut it and round the edges with scissors.

Cut the shape of the vegetable patch using a stanley knife

if you don't have eva foam, you can use dish washing sponge cloth (green) cut out and glued onto the flooring, light green coloured paper can also work or paint a white paper green using pencils/felt tip pens/water based paint and cut that instead when it dries up, alternatively you can also use green fabric

Brown earthy vegetable patch:

Use ordinary brown cardboard from any storage box, you can also use brown colour paper like parcel wrapping paper or similar.

Stick beneath the "grass" patch using white PVC glue and secure with sticky tape if necessary

Stick the green garden down using white PVC glue, or similar

Leaves and red flowers:

Mark red and green dots scattered along the "grass" to make the red flowers and green leaves using the tip of a wax crayon, pressting the tip against the green patch and twisting/turning it to make drawing

snakegarden.PNG

Outdoor courtyard:

Grass:

Use craft eva foam (green) to create the grass

Measure the centre of the "room" leaving 2-3 cms each side.

Mark the foam, cut it and round the edges with scissors.

Cut the centre to mark the space for the healing fountain using a stanley knife

if you don't have eva foam, you can use dish washing sponge cloth (green) cut out and glued onto the flooring, light green coloured paper can also work or paint a white paper green using pencils/felt tip pens/water based paint and cut that instead when it dries up, alternatively you can also use green fabric

Stick the green grass patch down using white PVC glue, or similar

Mark white dots scattered along the "grass" to make the white flowers using the tip of a wax crayon, pressting the tip against the green patch and twisting/turning it to make drawing

outdoorcourtyard.PNG

ACCESSORIES:

1. Healing fountain

Collect 3 different sized caps from bottles (milk, water, juice)

Collect 3 empty bobbin spools (from sewing thread or sewing machine)

Cut the bobbin spools by the middle

Glue the cut bobbin spools into the center of the different caps using super glue or other strong glue

Once dry, cover the edge of the different caps using cardboard from an empty toilet roll. Cut out to measure to ensure all sides of the fountain will be roughly the same height.

Stick the circular cardboard cut out, using PVC white glue and sticky tape.

Cover with more glue around the toilet roll cardboard and stick bits of tissue paper (toilet or kitchen paper)

Once dry, paint carefully (biggest cap at the bottom, painted in ocre colour, the other 2 top tiers pained in white, ensure the plastic bobbins are also covered in paper and painted white for a better visual effect)

Once dry, pour clear water glue or similar into the middle of the caps, around the bobbin spools and pour blue sparkling glitter

healingfountain.PNG

Place in the outdoor courtyard within the reserved centre space

fountain.jpg

Cannon

Grab an ordinary black ball pen cap

Cut off the long stick/end

Scrape the side to flatten it using a stanley knife so the glue stick betters

Make the base by cutting a piece of black eva foam (or black cardboard or black colour paper or similar) 2x2 cms

Use super glue or similar strong glue to stick the plastic cap onto the base

Stick the base and cap (cannon) onto the cardboard edge in the "cannon" room.

cannon.PNG

Leaver:

Cut a piece of ordinary yellow sponge 1.5cm height x 2 cms length

Grab grey paper (I used grey present wrapping paper, you can use any other similar material)

Cut the grey coloured paper and wrap it around the sponge, sticking it with glue and sticky tape

Cut a wedge in the middle of the wrapped up sponge using a stanley knife or sharp scissors

Grab an ice cream wooden lolly stick and cut a portion off

Cover the wooden stick in grey present wrapping paper or other material

Insert the wrapped up stick into the sponge wedge

Grab a hole puncher, grab a piece of red coloured paper (or cardboard) and a piece of green coloured paper (or cardboard)

Punch a hole on the pieces of coloured paper to get 2 circles

Stick the circles at either side of the wrapped up sponge using glue (or sticky tape)

leaver.PNG

Snakes:

Grab green and red sewing thread (or thicker thread) and cut 3 lengths of it

Join 3 lengths together and braid the thread

Trim one end very close to the finished braid

Leave the other end slightly longer (to make the tongue)

Using a fine pointed stabilo pen mark the black circles of the eyes and the line/strip for the tongue to highlight it

Place it on the board forming a wavy shape.

snakes.PNG

Scarabs

I picked up 2 hard candies of a similar shape to a scarab

I panted the necessary lines to make it more "scarab" like by using a thick permanent black marker pen

scarabs.PNG

You can use a jelly bean, breakfast cereals cut in half or make a cut out using paper, colouring pens or cardboard and a print out

IMG_3396.JPG

Blops or gelatinous cubes

Use light green cardboard or coloured paper (or draw and paint by hand using pencils and paper)

Cut squares of 4 x 2 cms

Fold by the middle

Round the edges using scissors

blops.PNG

Figurines / room accesories or decorative items....

- This technique and process applies to ...

a) 30 white jars
b) 2 green jars
c) 2 ghosts
d) 1 set of blue crystals
e) 1 paint brush
f) 1 magnet
g) 8 garden chairs (for the outdoor courtyard / healing fountain)
h) 4 sets of 2 chairs and table (for the dinning room)

Download the pictures of the items

Accessories-Portrays-Weapons-Stencils

Size them by placing them on a Word document or similar

Print them out with a colour printer (or grey scale and colour them in manually!)

Cut the shapes out

Paste them on a grey colour eva foam (or inner cardboard from a cereal box or grey coloured paper or grey cardboard)

You can also paste the shapes onto the backing first and cut them out once dried up.

Pick up small pieces of cardboard of 2x2 cms and fold the cut out by the middle.

Stick 1 square against the cut out shape (back of eva foam) and stick with either glue or sticky tape.

Stand the figure by placing the unusued square against a hard suface and leave to dry

Cut out an additional 1 square of cardbox cardboard for support and stick it on the base of the figure

accessories1.PNG

furniture.PNG

accessories.PNG

Weapons:

Download and print the stencils (link above) 2x2 cms

Cut and paste them onto a square cardboard

I am using the cardboard inside a milk carton because is silvery to make them shine on the reverse and conceal the weapon at first sight (turned upside down they all look the same)

weapons.PNG

Food:

I have used toy food from playmobil and lego

You can draw, colour and cut out the food using paper or cardboard instead or make it with play-doh or clay!

Treasure piles:

I have used small golden treasure toys from playmobil and lego and piled it into 4 piles

You can draw, colour and cut out the treasure using paper or cardboard instead or make it with play-doh or clay, or use beads and real life jewellery instead

Balls:

I am using small magnetic balls of different colours from a pocket game.

To ensure they stay put, I use a little bit of blue tac or sticky tape for easy removal (you could also use glue)

You can use jelly beans, beads, pearly stickers instead or cut them out using a hole puncher and coloured pieces of paper

Portrays:

Download and print out the portray pictures

Cut them out carefully using scissors or a stanley knife

Stick them to the walls using glue

Squared play mats:

Use the clear plastic from a sheet protector (aka Plastic Punch Punched Pockets Folders Filing Wallets)

Use a thick permanent marker pen and a ruler

Trace lines 1cm x 1cm to make the necessary squares

Cut each mat to measure to ensure it covers the carpets and inner-room holes/sky with clouds

You can remove the mats when you are not playing to keep the creation as a model instead

mats.PNG

Table board construction:

Lay the rooms out according to this chart
`
chart.PNG

Stick the rooms together using sticky tape beneath the cardboard boxes and in the "in between" joints of the walls for reinforcement

IMG_3451.JPG

Game set up:

Place all accessories and items according to each room content

finishedmats1.PNG

finishedmats2.PNG

finishedmats3.PNG

finishedmats4.PNG

finishedmats5.PNG

Screws:

Collect 12 screws and determine the screws location by rolling a dice

For the first 6 screws roll 1d6 RPR dice

1. Treasure room (start)
2. Ball pit
3. Snakes garden
4. Crossroads
5. Outdoor courtyard
6. Portrays hallway

For the next 6 screws roll 1d6 RPR dice

1. Crystals alcove
2. Dinning room
3. Cannon room
4. Changing weapon room
5. Gelatinous cubes alcove
6. Roll again

How to play:

Weapons:

At the start of the game, mix the weapons cards, facing down and pick one at random
You can stick your chosen weapon onto doubbutt figurine using blue tac or simply keep it in the hand
Place the rest of the piled weapons cards, facing down, aside.
If the player steps into the purple carpet, their current weapon card will be removed and they have to pick a new one from the pile

Start by placing the Doubbutt on the red carpet of the treasure room, at the center of the mat

Spin the spinner to determine the direction to take

Roll the 1d6 dice to determine the number of squares your doubbutt will move
Once it collects the weapon you can add +1 for the weapon (if you want a challenging game) or stick the weapon to doubbutt using sticky tape

To collect the weapon you have to land on the same square
To collect food, jars and screws you have to land on the same square

Each screw collected is 10 point at the end of the game
Each food collected is 20 points at the end of the game
Each white jar collected is 10 points at the end of the game
Each green jar collected is 20 points at the end of the game
Each coloured ball is worth 5 points at the end of the game

All weapons are worth 50 points except...
- Cannon
- Rocket
- Granade
These 3 are worth 100 points

Touching an enemy costs you 1/2 your life, at the 2nd touch is game over. Start again.
- Enemies are: gelatinous cubes, scarabs, snakes, ghosts
- Furniture cannot be moved nor removed but they stop you moving forward through them
- Crystals can be taken using a green jar (but you lose the points those 20 points)

You "touch" an enemy by landing on the same square

You "fall" by landing on an open space (sky with clouds). Immediate death follows.

You can reset 1/2 your life eating a piece of food (but you lose those 20 points)

View of the game board without mats...

finishednomat.PNG

finishednomats1.PNG

finishednomats2.PNG

finishednomat3.PNG

finishednomat4.PNG

finishednomat5.PNG

finishednomat6.PNG

finishednomat7.PNG

Finished board

fullgame.JPG
MVIMG_20200426_185617.jpg

I built this little cat hang out to put above my stairs with some old wood, shelf brackets, a table runner and a nasty old rug we were going to throw out!
Majighoul wrote:

I built this little cat hang out to put above my stairs with somoe old wood, shelf brackets, a table runner and a nasty old rug we were going to throw out!

Omg I love this SO MUCHđź’•
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
Majighoul wrote:

I built this little cat hang out to put above my stairs with somoe old wood, shelf brackets, a table runner and a nasty old rug we were going to throw out!

Omg I love this SO MUCHđź’•
\

Thank you! I've built four others and they are seriously so rewarding (and cheap) to make. Was glad I hoarded a nasty rug for like six months lol. So far it's turned into 5 cat platforms and one dog staircase!
Wow, so many amazing crafts! I haven't been sure what to do, since, well... I have actual craft supplies and the best I could think of was to reuse my "party hat" from the EW "make a party hat" quest (which was actually a taped-together template I'd made of my tophat, plus paper scrap decoration) or the still-needs-work top hat cover I made using said template, but... 1. Those are only RPR-related in that something on RPR gave me the idea, and 2. Not sure how okay it'd be to reuse that.

But! I, uh... pulled off an Enchanted (not actually) Silk Cloak, the red version! I can has extra character now!

gl-35214-1589134605.jpeg

Yeah, it's made of one of those soft, fuzzy, I think microfiber blankets? An exceptionally large one instead of the usual little single-snuggly ones. And I was going to use a sort of food clasp for it, but it couldn't hold the hood shape right. Instead I grabbed a couple strings I kept from a past convention (they were originally used to tie bundles of lanyards together, I ended up with a bunch handing lanyards out as a volunteer a few years ago, and they are structurally similar to shoelaces), tied them together since one wasn't quite big enough, and tied them around my neck, then pulled up a bit of the blanket to create a decent hood shape.

Sorry, I lack the means to take a better/more full-body photo presently. ^^;
<.< ^^; Hey, I was just curious about when judging would start...
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
<.< ^^; Hey, I was just curious about when judging would start...
It's probably already underway, and they want to give everything proper consideration.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I'm prodding judges to try and wrap up today! Thank you everyone for your patience. We should have results on contests really soon! :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

So to score these, there was first a round where we picked the winners of each category, and then the winners went head to head for final place.

First place:
Most "fantastic" creation
HibariHaru013's many headed unicorn dragon puppet

Second place:
Most unusual creation
Tusitala's working RPR catapault/cups game

Third place:
Funniest creation
MercyInReach's Doubutt game in a shoe box

Fourth place:
Most fashionable creation
Zelphyr's Enchanted Cloak

We also want to extend an honorable mention to Orrik_Zynn_x2 for their dimension hopping fairie’s treasure trove/“official” rpr giftbox!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2020 » Official Contest: Quarantine Crafts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus