Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Type 42 SF/Twin Spirits-class Heavy Fighter

I can do this here right-

Twin_Spirits_IV.png Twin_Spirits_V.png

the Type 42 SF/Twin Spirits class heavy fighter.

Specifications and lore

The Type 42 SF/Twin Spirits is a blended-wing, twin-fuselage fighter equipped with two sets of contra-rotating scimitar propellers. It is extremely difficult to fly as a result of an inherently unstable anhedral wing design, which additionally renders it extremely maneuverable. The complex shape of the wings and frame makes it expensive to manufacture, while its hull is made up of integrated Type 42 SF/Titanium Composite armor.

Its only arnament is a single Type 42 30mm Rotary Autocannon, situated between the wings, which fires Armor-penetrating thermobaric warheads at a staggering 2000 Rounds per minute. It may also carry bombs under its wings, though most of the time it does not for drag reasons.

Due to its high cost of manufacture and advanced composite construction, the Twin Spirits is a special forces fighter (hence the SF/ designation). As in many cytaari two-person craft, it is traditional for the pilot and co-pilot to be siblings or cousins, with air-force cadets entering on their own will usually pilot a one-person craft such as a Type 42 SF/Lunar Dawn, instead. Should one of the siblings be killed without the other, it is additionally customary for the remaining one to enter the Legion of the Dead, where they will pilot suicide bombers or crew flamethrower tanks in the most hostile environments, until their lives are expended in battle.

whew- I hope this is the right place for this. I'm 3d modeling and this is my project. I finished it a while ago but havent thought to post it till now. I'm working on a car next, then I'll work on a biomechanical combat automaton.

I really should probably be working on the car right now tbh...
Captain Vann (played by Pantrane)

That’s really cool. I like the aesthetic. It reminds me of another planet or dimension in their version of the WWII era. Even if things may be more modern in other areas there, it looks like this has at least evolved from a similar level of aircraft design.
Spiritualeclipse Topic Starter

Eheh, thanks. Its for an alt-history native american country in my sci-fi setting. Its supposed to be built in 1942 (hence "Type 42"), so that'd be why its a propeller fighter and looks vaguely ww2esque.

Their vehicles are all supposed to be very experimental in type, so they have lots of experimental technology like a wankel engine, contra-rotating scimitar propellers, blended anhedral wings... etc.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Type 42 SF/Twin Spirits-class Heavy Fighter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus