Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Whiskey after the War!!!!

Kino Onstone (played by Theyakate)

Kino handed her his flask.
" Astrid huh? Well names Kino and do be careful with that wine...its has high alcohol of 40%. Also I suggest to take a sip and don't chug it down on one drink."
Astrid Vanderton (played by Clumsylemon) Topic Starter

Astrid takes a pull on the flask and her face twists a bit as she hands it back to the man. She can feel the burn of the alcohol and she lets out a long whistle. "Thanks, Kino" Her long hair starts to whip around a bit wilder as the wind picks up "Sorry, for the dramatic junk" Astrid waves her hand but overall she seems a bit softer and her eyes seem distant like they are lost in another world.

He gently grab the flask " Hey sometime people need something to cool off their stress. Also don't apologize for that, because I get used to someone who wants to talk about and I can be a good listener...probably."

He puts the flask back and grab the fish and unwrap the foil as he ate it.
" if you ever get back there....tell the chef he did a good job on the fish"

"Good food horrible old grumpy chef" she raises on her toes and falls back on her feet then repeats the action. She cocks her head to one side and her eyes become sharp as she glances towards Kino "How do you not know if you are a good listener" Astrid's smile is now devilish and her cheeks are turning red.

"Does staying up late on a guard duty and hellfire of bullets counts? Because that's the type of a good listener and also listening to my fellow soldier story before the door open for a hell of a charge to the mountain"
Cross both his arms.

Astrid let out a long sigh "No, that doesn't count, not really, maybe the last part a bit" She takes a side step closer to Kino her eyes twinkle in the night as she stares out across the ocean "you can only listen to those you love, everyone else you just hear"

Kino smile a little " you kinda remind of the village girl who I always talk during my duty on protecting their village from the enemy soldier. Sweet and kind girl."

Kino felt little sad after saying that and he just don't want to think about it much.

Astrid let out an almost devilish laugh "you sir, have the wrong idea about me, for I am a murder just like you" She rubs her arms a bit more, she abruptly changes the conversation trying to avoid her past "do you want some coffee?"

Kino was little surprised about the murder she mentioned that he just wanna pretend he didnt heard that.
"I would love a coffee, but I should rent a room on the Inn you know to stay on this town for about 6 months or more."
Fang Wijj (played by homonization)

Before Fang could answer the waitress, the note was slammed in front of her. What a hospitality....
She shook her head and though another portion of dinner was tempting... She needs to earn some money first. At the mention of a bellboy, Fang stood up, watching the waitress now bickering with an old man. She shrugged and decided to try her luck again at the front desk.

And to no surprise, the front desk is empty. Fang saw the small bell she missed previously and decided to ring it twice.
....Still empty. Well this kind of service should guarantee the cheapness of this inn. She saw the waitress and the old man leave the inn and decided to see what's going on.

Fang certainly didn't expect to see the two of them talking and sipping liquor. Deciding it would be rude to intrude, she went back inside and waited for the waitress, or for the bellboy to come. Though the latter seems more unlikely.

She rocks on her heels again "It's fine and it's about your only option." She waves her hand and points toward the side of the building where there is a small door on the side of the inn "I have coffee, you bring that wine" she seems a bit bubbly as she bounces down the alley pushing open the door to a small studio covered in blueprints of the inn, and other random building materials for a remodel laying around. Tucked in the corner of the large room is a small kitchenette, 2 large club chairs, and one very old looking scruffy gray dog upsidedown on a dog bed. "This is my sweet little home" walks in and kicks a few things out of the way. "I'll make some coffee and you can start a fire" she makes her way toward the kitchenette stopping to grab a large sweater she pulls over her head. She looks over her shoulder and smiles to see the scrappy man watching her.

Kino look around take off his jacket the fold it. Leaving him wearing his navy blue scarf and brown linen shirt. Fascinated by the interior of the blueprint as he thought to himself that this girl is quite the artist. He went to the fire porch as he start putting some logs and light it on fire to feel the warmness.
" So how long have you been living on this place Ms. Astrid?"

She watched the Kino taking in all of him from his build to his mannerisms. Astrid never answered a question directly "well, I bought the Inn about 5 months ago" The old dog let out a huff as it rolled over and eyed the newcomer. "why are you in this town, looking for something or running from something" her words were tinged with venom like if he answered wrong it might not end well.

Kino lay back on the chair
" Since the war was finally over, there is need of me to stay at the HQ I'm assigned to. I have no home or relatives to go back that I decided to start a small business as a traveling merchant since its good to travel from places to places."

Astrid doesn't seem to full except the answer Kino gave but for now, she let it pass, her hand grazed the large boning knife sitting on her counter but Astrid thought better and let her hand instead reach for a mug to pour some coffee. "Would you like sugar?" Her smile was that of a warm and inviting, nothing like that vicious monster that she had been during the war. "Did you see the paper today I guess talks are breaking down again"

Kino grab the coffee" thank you and little sugar would be good since I don't consume sweet much."

As he heard the news she mentioned" Last 2 days the leaders from each nation sign a peace treaty. While the soldiers and the people who got involved are giving money for every damaged down to their town."

the girl let out a small sigh as she adds some sugar to his coffee before handing it to Kino "it won't last long" the girl fell into a chair tucking her legs under her sipping her black coffee. "Dark chocolate is the one thing I still miss from before the war" her takes another sip

Kino take a sip and he find it right to his tastebud.
"Dark Chocolate, those are the stuff that keeps my comrade awake and they would trade a pack of cigar for that stuff. Also I do remember having a box of it on my Wagon

she claps her hands together "I'd give you a week free at the inn for some of that, its the only thing I miss about home" Her voice had a sour tone to it. the fire crackled and the old dog finally started to sit up and look at the newcomer to his area.

Kino was surprise to hear that
"woah Miss Astrid, thats kinda too much to offer. But you should check it first because I dont know what kinda brand is it since there are different type of Dark Chocolate."

Kino look at the dog as he take a sip of the coffee.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Whiskey after the War!!!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus