Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Freeform Adventure-Style Campaign [Full] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Rynnion (played by Morhe)

I'm looking to start an "Adventure" storyline with myself as the storyteller/"DM." This topic is to judge how much interest there is in people participating in such an endeavor; I have an active "Find RP" entry for the campaign as well, but I get the feeling not many people check the Find RP tool, and this forum post lets me discuss strategies for the story beforehand better anyhow.

The setting for the campaign is a low-tech, low-magic setting closer to a traditional fantasy setting than a modern fantasy. While player-characters are allowed to know and use magic as appropriate to their character, I'd prefer magic to play a relatively minor role of this particular plot. To the common citizen in this setting, "magic" is a subject of myth and fable rather than practicality; spectacular feats of magic would garner shock and awe from some peasants, suspicion and fear from others, and quite possibly cause trouble with the local authorities.

The beginning of this story will be the simple (timeless or tired, depending on who you ask) "adventurers for hire meet in a tavern" sort, but I have a fairly long story planned for when they depart that (I hope, at least) will be far from mundane.

Let me know here if you have an interest in joining me, or just drop me a line through a private message or subscribe to this character's offering in the Find RP tool.";
Have you had any people interested yet? :3. It sounds like it'd be fun, so if there's room, count me in! :D
I love adventuring, and this may be another great opportunity to play a character that does not get to be played often. So I am very interested in joining! Tell me where to show up, and I shall.
Rynnion (played by Morhe) Topic Starter

I've have 3-4 people interested so far counting the two of you. I just need to decide whether the setting is involved enough to warrant my creating a group for it, or I should just start a thread in the Fantasy RP forum.
Three, to four, members who are not GM, is a good number, but likely does not warrant a group. I would say that a regular forum would suffice.

Ok, I've got a first post set up here.
Shalom (played by Yuka)

I'd be up for it :)

The thread is still open if you want to join in, since there's only two active "adventurers" at the moment. I think I'd set a limit of five; I'm not sure I could keep track of more than that.

At the moment, it's somewhat stalled, though; three of the people who showed interest never showed up, and one who did immediately derailed the plot and was asked to leave, which from the looks of things left a bad taste in everyone's mouth...
I still really hope to be able to do this. Two more days of work before I move and I should have more time. C:
Ravavyre (played by TheCourtJester)

Squuue, My cute little Ravavyre would be a wonderful choice to partake in an adventure rp!

I would offer up Ithilwyn, but she is a high leveled magic wielder, and my little half-drow here is more about pretty baubles and using her cross bow :D

Magic isn't strictly outlawed in the setting; it's just not the sort of thing you brag about or show off in public unless you want to find a few dozen torches and pitchforks outside your door. :P
Ravavyre (played by TheCourtJester)

lol smart choice for me to leave her out of the picture xD
Shalom (played by Yuka)

Is there a link to it anywhere? It doesn't show up when I click the 'Find RP' thing.

T'was just above your first post in this thread, under the word "here."
Ayana (played by kuroi_neko)

How many people do you have? I'd like to bring this one in, if you have any room, and think she would fit in.

We're going with a low-magic setting, so I'm not sure an elemental would really fit the setting... Basically the rule of thumb is if the character has magic, it needs to be subtle or hidden. Being made out of fire definitely wouldn't work.

I think we're at four non-narrator "adventurers" at the moment? I'm probably going to make 5 the hard limit, so that I can keep track of everything.
Shalom (played by Yuka)

Ah, I might have to decline then, I do not really have any low-magic ones at this point; I've got a humanoid dragon, adept mage, corrupted fae, an angel and a hedgewitch.

Hmm, the mage would probably be the closest fit, ironically... definitely the sort of character the locals would regard with suspicion, but still "human" enough not to warrant rallying the guards as long as you don't start throwing fire in the middle of town. It would be a problem if you stayed in one place long enough for the superstitious types to get the ear of the other townsfolk, but the inn is considered sanctuary and the party isn't going to stay there very long anyhow.

Either way, it's up to you whether or not you think you can make it work. We seem to have somehow ended up with an all-female cast so far...
Lolctopus

Quick inquiry: Got anymore room? >>

I'd be going as Tarsus (my one and only on here). I'm well aware I'd have to alter a bunch of stuff to make him suitable to the setting - ditch the pistols and the familiar, maybe the goggles as they work now, tone down alot of spells - but I'd be willing to do that.

If you're full up though, s'ok.

We're at 4/5 at the moment; nest person to claim a slot closes the RP to new members. :P

As far as changing up the character to make him work in the setting, as long as it's not immediately apparent that he's a wizard or what have you, it's not really a problem, and the party probably could use a mage of sorts to round it out. The characters in the party themselves don't necessarily have the same prejudice against magicians that the rest of the setting have, since none of them are actually -from- that setting.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Freeform Adventure-Style Campaign [Full] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus