Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » What to do.

The Trio. (played by Tugboattom)

so I know you can never make a character truly perfect, and not even close until you've actually roleplayed with them, but I would like to make these three' s profile and story as magical and alluring as possible. So, of you're not interested in role-playing with these guys you can look in guestbook and read the spoiler rumor, and the one that isn't covered. And you can read their profiles ( I tried to keep it short.) but in general, what are some ways to really make them pop? Or ways I can add to their story, general ways to make them better. Thank you in advance!
Honestly I feel like I'm the last person to offer suggestions as I feel my characters often lack luster for rp, but I do think I have something that could help. If you weren't already aware, there is an entire help article dedicated to just this. Maybe reading through it will help give you some ideas?
The Trio. (played by Tugboattom) Topic Starter

yup! I have read that a couple times, but it seems like every time I read it I find something new to do. Thanks for pointing my attention back to it!
I'd honestly just rearrange their info a little. Separate their quote from their basic information, make sure your information is with the right category (e.g. Alignment is not a physical stat), add images to set the mood (you can look at free to use images on deviantart but there are also quite a few websites that offer pictures you can use freely).

Personally, I'd place it like this:

Basic information

Physical information

Personality

Backstory

I hope this is helpful! Good luck <3
sarah18394729

So I always tell people if they don't want to use their oc's to actually make a character and use this:

you don’t want to use your characters we can use this character info to make our own characters
Name:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Weapons:
Powers:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Extra information:
Personality:

okay! thanks! one final question ( I think): How much backstory would you include? I don't want to give away too much, but I also want to give them enough information to decide if they like any of them. So, do I put their backstories into rumors, or do I type out their whole backstory, or do I type in half of their backstory?
Rogue-Scribe

I'll pipe in my 2¢...
Three things I would do with your character profile...
  • 1. Upload the default to get rid of the question mark icon. Big turn-off as it says 'incomplete'
  • Change the header name of 'Physical Stats'. It's generic of the site character wizard and could say something like. 'More Details' or something.
  • Edit the item names. Instead of alignment you could say 'political leanings' or something not the bog-standard wizard title.
One thing RPR 2.0 does is split the 'Physical Stats' off from the 'Basic Info'. I preferred it all being in one section and often edit my characters details back to one section. Anyway.... just some general thoughts. The one thing that would be a visual improvement is to get rid of the question mark. If you don't have an icon you want yet, upload the blank when you go in tio edit the icon. It looks much better with nothing vs the question mark.

gotcha, that makes sense. I'll go do that, thanks!
Rogue-Scribe

On backstory, it depends on what you have in mind for the characters. If you have a solid background for the character, there isn't much harm putting it in a 'biography' text page. If you ae going to develop the story via RP, then be vague with it and edit as you go. There is no 'wrong' answer to that really in my opinion.

Oh, looks much better. :)

alrighty one more question ( yeah, I know I keep saying that. Eventually it'll be true.) so, what can I type in order to get a picture of any of these guys on deviantart. I tried" lightning mage"" thunder mage" " storm mage" And all of those as sorcerers as well. Looked up boys in storms. no Barak could be found. Then I tried " female Shepard druid" " Shepard druid" " female druid" for fauna, and haven't seen her either. Any ideas? Or other sites I could use?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » What to do.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus