Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy RP Prompts (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Audemar Braem (played anonymously)

Hello! These prompts will be centered largely on my character Audemar Braem and the original world I've been building, as well as how our characters will develop alongside each other during adventure and turmoil!

I strongly recommend reading the background on my character sheet, it helps summarize the world's social climate and any mentions of characters besides Braem within the RP.

So! These are the two prompts I've come up with- one that features a cursed Braem and one with Pre-Cursed Braem.

1.) The Contract: The town of Goldcrest was little more than a collection of wooden huts and hay thatched roofs; rickety fences held scrappy cattle and the people that watched over them were just as weathered. It stunk of desperation and hardship. Outside of the small house-turned-inn sat a notice board, the wood fraying from the crooked post and the papers nailed to it yellowed with age and exposure.

Except for one slip of paper; it was fresh, the words scrawled upon it legible and elegant, written in ink instead of charcoal. At the very bottom of the page sat the royal Salieri stamp: two cobra heads entwining with fangs bared.

It read:
“By word of our Venerable Prince Eupolos Salieri,

Any and all brave souls willing to hike North-East to Blackdown Keep to exterminate the Cursed Creature found therein; bringing the Blackguard’s sword as proof and trophy, shall receive a Great Boon from the Most Righteous and Noble Prince Eupolos!

-Loefing Borac, Royal Steward”

Blackdown Keep was said to be haunted land, a ruin with ugly history and an even uglier inhabitant; it sat atop a far cliff, the dark stone casting its shadow upon the small town of Goldcrest like the tips of the mountains it was built upon.

The Blackguard of Blackdown. A catchy name for a catchy myth. People who were brave and dim-witted enough to travel onto the grounds of Blackdown had reported hearing heavy, clanking steps and a reedy voice calling from within the depths of the haunted keep. Fresh corpses from bandits that had thought the castle fine pickings could be found rotting up on the ramparts or piled in shallow graves outside the gates.

It was lived in, but not by anything anyone wanted to meet.

But, perhaps with a Prince’s royal boon on the plate, that would soon change...

This first one would be a bastardization of Beauty and the Beast, with (Y/C) being a brave soul- whatever your incentive may be- to seek out this "Blackdown Keep Blackguard". Someway somehow, (Y/C) decides not to off the "Creature" and to instead help find a way to break the curse. Insert a fun, thrilling adventure between the two as they dodge evil cronies and Old Gods with bits of fanservice-y respite in between.

I had in mind a sweet slow burn :D

Keep in mind that the above is a loose guideline and CAN be bent and broken- wherever the story goes, it goes.

Open to fantasy races (just check with me first !) and any gender.

2.) The Grand Tourney: “Hear ye! Hear ye! On the eve of the fifth of Sommar, King Caltham Salieri’s Annual Citadel Grand Tourney shall commence! All able-bodied and strong-spirited take part, for this year’s prize is a place in the Citadel’s Honored Guard!”

The crier’s words rung throughout the city’s marketplace, gathering folk of all kind and creed to listen with interest and awe. Among them stood Audemar Braem; he mulled over the crier’s words, thoughts bright behind his eyes as he stroked a thumb over the wrapped pommel of his blade. This just might be his chance to make a name for himself, find a career path that would make his sickly father proud.

He smiled; yes, this was indeed a challenge fit for his skill.

Yet, the crown city of Citadel was a hub of skilled adventurers, and the prize of this tourney was nothing to scoff at. Many would flock to sign up and test their mettle- even if they weren't to win the tournament, they would be able to show their strength before the eyes of the royal family. And that, for most, was enough.

The second one will be a (somewhat) rivalry between (Y/C) and Braem as they both fight through the tourney- aiming for the grand prize. There isn't too much of a guiding plot for this one, mostly since I feel this one will be more character driven. (Y/C)'s motivation will be a very important bit in this prompt!

Again, all races welcome (just check in!) and all genders welcome!
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 70%
Romance is required, but may take some time to develop. For example: slow burn RPs.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Astride, jones,and isaac (played anonymously)

hello I saw this and read your character and everything and would
really enjoy doing this
Echo (played by Tugboattom)

Yo! I've got Echo here, and would love to roleplay with you.I love how well thought out your plots are, and how descriptive you are, and how well thought out and developed and defined your character is! Sadly, Echo here is still under construction, but I would love if this could be where he gets his start and where he begins to develop. If you're not comfortable with a character that isn't complete than I could grab Oliver, he's been through a couple roleplayed and I know how he works. If I end up with Echo, I would prefer the roleplay after Audemar is cursed, and if I end up with Oliver I would prefer before he was cursed. Thanks for listening!
Hey there! If this is still open, The Grand Tourney looks like a super cool prompt to play out. I have a few characters I'd be happy to use in your setting, or I could make an entirely new one if that suits the plot better.
Hi there! I have a couple characters in mind that might work with The Contract. Specifically, I was thinking either Marla or Eileen, who for their own reasons would want to get their hands on the reward being promised. If this plot is still open, I'd be welcome to discussing it with you in PMs!
Hi!! I also love how everything is really thought out, it’s very cool! Would love trying this out, sorry my acc is barren, only recently joined, but I have more charas!!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy RP Prompts (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus