Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A fatal test. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

You wake up in a comfy yet unfamiliar bed, your vision and thoughts blurred. After a few seconds, you manage to break your way out of your daze with little effort.

Looking around, you find yourself alone in a cage the size of an average kitchen, empty aside from the bed, a sink, a camera tracking you, a tray of (probably) food, and a speaker on the wall. A male voice rang through said speaker, breaking the silence.

“Ah, I see you’ve finally got up. You could’ve warned me about how intolerant you were to anaesthesia... But that’s unimportant now. I suppose I should explain your situation. You were approached by one of our staff for your, at least to the less than ideal extent we observed, exceedingly average abilities across the board. You see, the place you currently reside is the Falcon Conglomerations sealed containment area, hidden sector T to be precise. We at the Falcon Conglomeration take any abnormal entities and relics we find across the world and contain them here- it’s a little hard to explain, but you’ll get the idea when you find your first few. Anything that doesn’t obey the rules nature has set out can be found here. Anyway, you were approached and offered a position of testing how easy it would be for an average human to escape our dangerous facilities using whatever tools you could find in return for a large sum of money, any debts you have erased, and a free lifelong pass from the law. I don’t know which particular part of that appealed to you, but in the end, you accepted the offer. Unfortunately, you requested more information as to the trials you would likely need to pass, and to keep the simulation of an ordinary person as accurate as possible, we had to wipe your memory. I imagine that’s all you’ll need to know? You are free to ask any more questions, but as to keep accurate to the test as possible, I am in no way obligated to answer. If not, you may now begin.”

The metal gate holding you in opened with a set of clicks, leading to a long grey dome with seven unlabelled doors, the walls lined with even more cameras. While silent at first, as the door swung back and hit the bars it caused a load echoing bang. “Something else probably heard that. What are you waiting for?”
————————-
Hi, thanks for reading! I hope I peaked your interest. I am looking for a partner with a modern or near modern character who, for whatever reason, would likely take up this offer. I’m going to be using Nara’s profile to relate to anything within the Falcon Conglomeration, as she is the only character I have that is in any way related to it. She will of course be in there somewhere, but you might have to go out of your way or get lucky to find her.

To go more into detail on the genre information, I put magic at a six because of the description: “magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings.” your character has just had it explained to them that this situation will have plenty of magic artefacts and the like, but they themselves will be without magic ((y’know, like a normal person)) until they get their hands on one. I set technology at a five for modern, however the tech in the building itself will be far more advanced thanks to good use of found abnormalities. Think government organisation, but with way more unexplainable stuff. Combat is at a 6, because a lot of the things in this place are alive, and a lot of that lot aren’t friendly. It is still relatively low due to the fact that your character will likely just attempt to avoid until they get decent equipment. I put romance at a three, because while intended as a one on one thing, if some of you want to do it as a group we can edit the intro to fit that, and if you want to become a thing then that’s entirely up to you. If we do go with a one on one, then.... Well, I won’t stop you from flirting with the monsters, I guess. If that’s what you’re into! Occasional dice use because I think the occasional skill check or rng can spice things up quite nicely, but going overboard could just result in a bad streak to your death. Writing style is set as concise because, aside from the starting post here, I prefer short, fast posts to keep a consistent pace. I will try to match your length if you prefer longer though! I think that’s about it. If I forgot anything ((as I often do,)) feel free to ask any questions, and again I appreciate your interest!
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Occasional dice use, concise post-length, long-term RP partner preferred.

this seems interesting
Unit HJX-6313 AKA Nara (played by Icyrosyseal) Topic Starter

Thanks for your interest! Which character were you thinking of using, and would you be more inclined to a group or a 1 on 1?
Unit HJX-6313 AKA Nara wrote:
Thanks for your interest! Which character were you thinking of using, and would you be more inclined to a group or a 1 on 1?

I don't mind either one hmm i'm still deciding on character

Take your time, I need to sleep now, I'll check your reply tomorrow.
Take your time, I need to sleep now, I'll check your reply tomorrow.

good night

Now that you’ve had some time, do you know which character you’ll be using?
Flame,connor and james (played anonymously)

Now that you’ve had some time, do you know which character you’ll be using?

yes flame she seems like the only person who would sign up for something like that

Alright, would you like to do this in PM?
Flame,connor and james (played anonymously)

Alright, would you like to do this in PM?

yes please

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A fatal test. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus