Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Cute Colourful Fantasy Ideas (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Vibrant lands of oddities and colour await those willing to explore them. But beware, for where there is such diversity of life, there are inevitable dangers. Will you brave the dangers to save the day?

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are preferred. If you're a year or so younger than that and feel you're more mature than average, we can discuss things, but there will be extra limits set on RP to keep everyone comfortable regarding the age gap.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

This is a theme I've been trying to do a couple of times in the past. Something with elements of works like Alice in Wonderland, Undertale, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, The Edge Chronicles and Final Fantasy. Rather than bump up old threads though, I'm going to make this new one so that I can group different scenarios together, given they share the same general theme but just feature different characters. So here we go...

First off, this prompt favours younger characters. It's focused on innocent minds getting up to mischief and exploring the world through awe. Children and teens are especially favoured; but if you have a pure enough young adult character to use, I'm fine with that. The maximum character age is 21, unless you've got a character that doesn't age by human standards, in which case, in the options below, pick which option best suits their appearance/maturity.

The last time I really got anywhere with an idea based on this whole theme set, there were talking cats, forests of glass trees, creepy wicked witches, mysterious shadow monsters and the likes. Expect similar things - and even some of the things already in that list, as I'm not beyond recycling them.

THERE WILL BE NO REAL ROMANCE. Some of my characters are open to minor crushes and displays of romantic affection, but that is the limit. Characters may form a close platonic bond, however, including the possibility of sibling-like intimacy.

Technology will most likely be on steampunk levels, but will probably fluctuate between various locations visited, ranging from tribal to magitech sci-fantasy.

Below are a selection of choices. Each question is marked with a letter, and each answer is marked with a number. When replying to this ad, please include which options you want to RP with in the format of: A1 B2 C3 D4 etc... but with the number corresponding to your choice. That way 1) There's less to have to work through in the set-up phase and 2) I know you've read the ad fully.

A) Your Character's age
1 - Your character is a child (age 8 - 13)

2 - Your Character is a teen (14-17)

3 - Your Character is a young adult (18-21)

B) Your desired companion for your character is...
For child characters: //1.// Deril (A mischievous kleptomaniac who is sure to get your character intro trouble) //2.// Kiro (A companion of equal social status capable of fighting and solving puzzles) //3.// Riik (A semi-feral companion who serves better as a sidekick outside of combat, but is a great fighter when fights break out)

For teen characters: //1.// Seren (An adorable forest spirit who knows little of the ways of civilisation, but is keen to help out) //2.// Tetsuji (A shapechanger with magic based on the zodiac calendar)

For adult characters: //1.// Byxi (A moth man with a playful attitude. Not yet complete as a character, so the RP will be used to help develop him) //2.// Eltrinander (A tortured soul from a tribe of beastfolk. Not great with charisma and is timid in combat, but can be a good friend. Only available for partners aged 18+ due to potential for bad language and abusive violence when under a personality shift) //3.// Ryzira (A small, unageing fey-like being; typically a pacifist but can help out in other ways) //4.// Xá'Taren (An unageing furball who likes to talk a lot and generally help people, even if it means getting into a fight) //5.// Kys'Jarok (A blind fur-covered martial artist with a laid-back sense of humour)

C)Your character's nature (Note: For characters with power/magic - I would rather they start off either without any powers or with only minor powers and instead develop their powers as the RP progresses. My character will also progress similarly, but may start with some powers to help push the story along or make up for other fields they may be lacking in)
1 - Your character is an ordinary human

2 - Your character is a human-adjacent

3 - Your character is a being that is not particularly human-like (e.g. anthro, alien, etc)

D) Your character's background.
1 - Your character comes from a secluded village surrounded by a mystical forest that nobody dares enter due to to tales of danger and disappearances.

2 - Your character comes from modern day Earth (or similar setting) and is about to wake up in a mystical land beyond their imagination

3 - Your character is a city-dweller dreaming of one day becoming an adventurer

4 - Your character is an offspring, side-kick or part of the entourage of an adventurer or adventuring group, but is eager to strike out on their own

5 - Other (Please state your preferred alternative)

E) The adventure's goal
1 - Save the world/kingdom/civilisation from an encroaching evil

2 - Explore new lands not yet chronicled by civilisation

3 - Save an individual, item or relic

4 - Return to a home or other place they have been separated from

5 - Other (Please state your preferred alternative)

F) The adventure should take place...
1 - Mostly in wilderness with the occasional small civilisation

2 - Between and within large civilisations

3 - A mixture of civilisation and wilderness

4 - An abstract reality
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Hello! I'm seeking to rp here! I have a variety of characters, but I have a few characters that can make the list:
Bellanna

A1 - Your Character's age
2 - Your character is a Teen [17]

B2 - Your desired companion for your character is...
2 - Tetsuji (A shapechanger with magic based on the zodiac calendar)

C3 - Your character's nature
2 - Your character is a human-adjacent [Blood Elf]

D4 - Your character's background
5 - Other (Bellanna Mandosa lost her two parents. One of them was found to have died in battle, and the other is somewhere unknown at this point. She stayed with her orcish uncle until an adoption agency took her away to a land she has never been in before. She is determined to have freedom early. Otherwise, she wants to return to her family.)

E5 - The adventure's goal

F6 - The adventure should take place...

Raichi Voldera

2 - Your character is a Teen [14]

2 - Your character is a human-adjacent [Void Elf]

5 - Other (This girl was raised, and mostly didn't talk no matter how often her family encourages her to talk unless it was an intriguing topic. One day, her and her family walked around the area they lived in, and found a vehicle that represented an undead. By itself without a question answered, the vehicle activates, and chases the family. It stopped after it ran over Raichi who is not good at running. During her second 'lifetime', she was corrupt by the void, and vowed to serve under its command until she was slain. She was then raised again by a Death Knight who promised her power. She seemed to have the right skills, mentality, and tools. She's yet to be called in battle very soon. She wanders the world alone. She roams around as the living dead girl.)

4 - An abstract reality

Would you also like an example as to how much I write?
Riik Topic Starter

SpiritHero wrote:
See more
Hello! I'm seeking to rp here! I have a variety of characters, but I have a few characters that can make the list:
Bellanna

2 - Your character is a Teen [17]

2 - Your character is a human-adjacent [Blood Elf]

5 - Other (Bellanna Mandosa lost her two parents. One of them was found to have died in battle, and the other is somewhere unknown at this point. She stayed with her orcish uncle until an adoption agency took her away to a land she has never been in before. She is determined to have freedom early. Otherwise, she wants to return to her family.)

Raichi Voldera

2 - Your character is a Teen [14]

2 - Your character is a human-adjacent [Void Elf]

5 - Other (This girl was raised, and mostly didn't talk no matter how often her family encourages her to talk unless it was an intriguing topic. One day, her and her family walked around the area they lived in, and found a vehicle that represented an undead. By itself without a question answered, the vehicle activates, and chases the family. It stopped after it ran over Raichi who is not good at running. During her second 'lifetime', she was corrupt by the void, and vowed to serve under its command until she was slain. She was then raised again by a Death Knight who promised her power. She seemed to have the right skills, mentality, and tools. She's yet to be called in battle very soon. She wanders the world alone. She roams around as the living dead girl.)

4 - An abstract reality

Would you also like an example as to how much I write?

You kinda got the format wrong, but no worries. Would be A2 B2 C2 D5 E4 F3 and A2 B2 C2 D5 E1 F4.

I'm assuming that by replying to this thread you are capable of reaching the post length I hope for.

Ideally, I'd like to see more of a character profile for your first listed character before committing to anything, as it helps determine whether the character is suitable for the themes I'm hoping for.

I have no idea what a Blood Elf is, but from the connotations alone, I don't think that would be suitable for the themes I'm after here. And your second character looks a little too dark for the cute/colourful vibe I'm looking for. I'm talking things like meeting talking cats, running into wicked witches, exploring forests of glass trees, seeing sights of wonder and experiencing light-hearted humour. Stuff like Death Knights and undead are... not what I have in mind.
Ah well no worries! Sorry if none of these characters seem like your type. A lot of mine are more mature, but I listed the best I can. I wish ya luck!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Cute Colourful Fantasy Ideas (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus