Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SvZ Take 2 [1x1 LuciferBrimstone]

Flynn (played anonymously)

Randall and Joshua Nyes wrote:
"GOSH DANGIT!"
"What's wrong?!"
"I'm out of ammo. All the rest is in the Tank, and the Tank is a couple of blocks away from here, surrounded by brainsuckers."
"That could be an issue..."
Randall and Joshua stood there on the roof, staring down in frustration at the zombies below them.
"Don't waste your arrows," Randall sighed. "Not yet. Let's just think about this a moment... How are we gonna get out of here?"
Austin Rose wrote:
Enter Austin- An intrepid Space Explorer/Super Soldier/Guy with a suit of armor who just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

He and the rest of SET had been alerted of the zombie outbreak shortly after it happened. Unfortunately, many of the members were held back due to [REDACTED]

So, long story short, Austin was one of the only ones out here. Dangit.

After some silent plasma shots permanently disabled the synapses of the walking dead's brains, he ran up and put his hands over the mouths of the two boys.

"Stay low and follow me."

Go ahead.
(*cracks knuckles* gotta get back in the grooAUSTIN 8D)

The twins's reactions helped foreshadow their personalities. Josh was just startled when he felt the hand over his mouth and instinctively jumped and tried to pull away, although that was rather difficult considering Austin was much bigger and stronger than him. He let out a muffled squeak, doing his best to peer at Austin out of the corner of his eye, not wanting to risk hurting himself if he turned too fast.
Randall, on the other hand, was more aggressive. An elbow was thrown and a fist was pulled back as he tried to jerk away, although he was encountering the same problem as his brother. He considered stomping some toes but then he figured he'd just hurt his own foot rather than this random guy's- plus he just said something, so maybe he should wait before killing him.
Maybe.
Flynn (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Don't move, idiots. I'm trying to save your hides. This place is overrun."

Austin waited for acknowledgment before removing his hands from around the boys and walking past them, stopping to turn around and look at them. His voice sounded almost like it was coming through a radio with the filter of his helmet.

"Okay. You, Mr. Violence." He pointed at Randall. "You seem pretty good with a gun. How about we trade?" He took Randall's shotgun and tossed it behind him. It quickly disintegrated into what appeared to be blue energy particles.

A newer, way cooler-looking rifle appeared in Randall's arms, forming from the same bluish energy material.

It was blocky and big, but parts quickly slid and moved around to fit to Randall's size. It glowed a light blue.

"Plasma rifle. Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I thought so. Now, I'm going to jump off of the roof. When I do so, I need you guys to remain calm and wait exactly sixty seconds before heading to the ground floor. Upon your arrival, I will be waiting there to get you to safety."

He didn't wait for a response, and instead simply turned and fell off the roof. He appeared to be unharmed when he landed, (the same couldn't be said of the concrete,) and he instantly began blasting the suckers of brains with his very quiet and sleek plasma rifle. (Imagine the things the aliens from The Avengers used. The plasma rifle makes the same noise and shoots the same stuff as that, but imagine a rail gun instead of a staff. That's what it looks like.)

60, 59...
(Lol I never saw that movie so I have no clue what you're talking about. The most futuristic weapons I've seen are the plasma rifles from aliens. That was a good movie, you should see it.)

"Wow, Captain Obvious, I never woulda guessed that," Randall snarled as soon as his mouth was free. If he had hackles they would've been raised right about now- he hated being snuck up on, especially by strangers. Hated it with a passion. He shook himself as if Austin's touch gave him the heebie-jeebies, his dark sapphire eyes alight with annoyance.
Josh was a little more passive, instead looking surprised and rather interested in all the recent happenings- he had no idea who or what Austin was but he seemed like he had some pretty cool toys. Hell, just that rifle he gave Randall was fascinating.
Randall was dubious of it at first, frowning as his usual gun got taken away and replaced with something else. Still, it looked like it worked the same, so he shrugged and took it, looking it over carefully. This was a weird day, wasn't it?
45, 44, 43.

Austin seemed to eliminate most of the zombies in the immediate area, and those who weren't dead were too far away to realize what was going on.

9, 8, 7...

[EDIT: I DIDNT REALIZE THIS WAS A ONELINER AGH SO SORRY]
(OAKY HOW COULD YOU. Lol it's ok, it happens.)

"You think a minute's up yet?" Josh asked quietly, his eyes betraying his worry that he had been counting too fast. Randall, who was currently in a very bad mood, shot him a glare and sighed.
"Josh, just shut up. It's close enough," he told him with a shrug, heading down the stairs with his twin following close behind. Occasionally he'd glance back to make sure Josh was still keeping up (his bad leg and stairs didn't get along well) and then back in front, bringing the rifle to his shoulder as he looked for signs of zombies. So far there were none.
Captain Obvious was a good shot, he'd give him that much.

Austin appeared from the doorway to the building, and seemed quite annoyed (despite not showing his face: his helmet covered it.)

He sporadically gestured for them to hurry up, and then ducked back out of the building.

When they followed, he stopped and let them lead the way to wherever it was they wanted to go: He'd provide fire support.
"I thou-" Josh's comment was quickly shut up by a flail from Randall that was dangerously close to his face. Silently, the slightly older of the two took the lead, moving stealthily in the direction of their car. It was on the other side of town, but it was a fairly small town so it shouldn't take too long to get there.
He was able to test the new gun out as they started encountering more zombies. The recoil was different and almost knocked him back, but he got his balance back quickly and studied the weapon for a moment as he adjusted to fit the gun's needs. Interesting... This was a cool gun, though he'd never admit it. Fairly quiet for a gun too.
Josh had an arrow nocked to his bow, just in case they needed backup, but C.O. and Randall looked like they could handle themselves.

The key for the gun was that it fired plasma-powered bullets instead of bullets. It used battery crystal energy rather than gun power, which made a drastic difference. (The bullets had little plasma batteries inside them that coated the whole thing in energy. It disables a person no matter where you hit them, which is very useful.)

Austin followed closely behind the boys, making sure to watch wherever they weren't looking. The occasional zombie was taken out easily, but for the most part Austin had cleared out the immediate area.

When they got within sight of the car, and Austin saw the zombies surrounding it, he dropped his gun (which instantly disappeared,) ran past the boys, putting his hands on their chests to signify that they should stay put, and headed towards the car.

He tackled the first member of the undead to the ground, slamming his fist into its face repeatedly. He rolled off of it in time to trip the next zombie, which he curb stomped. His armor's glove became covered in blue electricity, and he slammed his palm into the face of the next zombie. That pretty much fried the brain stem beyond reanimation.

This process continued until the zombies were all gone. He opened the door to the drivers' side of the car, and started the engine.

Once he pulled around to the boys, the passenger's side front door opened and merely two words were uttered:

"Get in."
For a moment Randall was furious: the Tank was his baby, plain and simple. Nobody drove that car but him- but obviously Austin didn't know this and probably wouldn't care. He also got the distinct impression that if he so much as uttered a peep in protest he'd end up like that curb-stomped zombie over there.
That wasn't why he hesitated, though. The scenario was a familiar one to him- it had happened a year ago and it wasn't pleasant. It was really what had made him so hostile around strangers, especially ones that had weapons and forced him into cars.
He had almost died that day. He didn't want to repeat it again.
Josh was a little more trusting, trying to look at it from a logical standpoint. If Austin wanted them dead they'd probably be dead right about now, even though Randall fought like a demon if he was really ticked off. Now if he was planning to keep them alive longer just to off them later then they'd have a problem, but then if he wanted them dead then why wouldn't he just go ahead and kill them now?
He sort of figured that if he thought about it outside the Tank he'd end up dead, so, much to Randall's frustration, he got in.
Randall was paranoid, extremely so. He was also somewhat frightened of the situation, although he'd never consciously admit it. But he went where Josh went so with an annoyed snarl he got in after the latter, still utterly pissed that he wasn't the one in the driver's seat.
If Austin broke the Tank he was going to kill him with his bare hands.

Austin drove off without hesitation.

After a few minutes of driving, he took off his helmet, which also conveniently vaporized.

"Where are you guys from, anyway? And why are you out here, of all places? Did you just think 'What a lovely day! Let's go into town and have a little stroll!'"
"Originally from Texas although D.C. was our home for a while before it got overrun," Randall replied bitterly, his expression dark. (YES I JUST DID THAT. WHAT NOW.)
Josh sighed at the mention of D.C. He missed it, if had been a good stronghold until the wall was broken. He still wasn't sure how that had happened, but they didn't find out until it was too late.
There had been fatalities, and they could've sworn there were a hundred zombies all attracted to that one spot. Everyone had scattered and they hadn't heard from anyone in quite some time. They didn't know if anyone else was even still alive... Kinda depressing if they thought about it too much.
"Scavenging," Josh mumbled absentmindedly in reply to his second question, his eyes vacant as he was lost in thought.

Austin softened up then. He'd been to DC. The stronghold was good. There were lots of good people there.

These boys had lost not one home, but two.

"Oh." He said.

Shooting up a bunch of zombies with the loudest shotgun in the country isn't going to help you stay silent, or alive, Austin thought. He wouldn't say so now, however.

"Why there, though? That town's as overrun as you could possibly pick. It's like Atlanta or Dallas." He shook his head and sighed.

"Either way, I need to get you guys to safety. I'm just as lost out here as you are. Been scanning radio frequencies since this morning. Have you heard of anywhere else that's safe?"
"Well, we didn't know that at the time," Randall grumbled with a sigh, resisting the urge to ask if Dallas was really that bad. It was almost painful to talk about his old home; he wondered if the apartment was still standing, how trashed it was now, if any survivors had camped out there for a while. He didn't know. He wasn't sure he wanted to know, really. "No, I don't think there's anything left. Not in this area, at least, although there's been a rumor that the northwest was holding up fine on its own."
Josh sighed as well and leaned up against his brother, thinking to himself quietly for a moment before finally asking, "Who are you anyways? I mean, we can't keep calling you Captain Obvious forever." He'd ask about his weird armor and vaporizing stuff in a little bit, but for now he would just be content to hear Austin's name.

Austin shook his head.

"Northwest is gone. Lost a lot of good people there. Don't know how. Our armor just disappeared on us without warning. I managed to get into one of our trucks and gun down lots of the walkers, but by then my fellow operatives were as helpless as regular civilians. They did a hell of a job protecting those regular civilians, though."

He snorted at Josh's question. "How did you know Captain Obvious was my real name?" He feigned shock, although it was easily recognized as sarcasm.

"In all seriousness, you can call me Austin. Or 'that guy who saved your butts from certain undeath.' Whichever fits you best."
Randall shook his head, trying to figure out if anything could possibly be left. "The Midwest, maybe, if they were smart and lucky. But last time I saw the Midwest they were having some issues of their own." He couldn't think of anything else, really, unless they went to Alaska. The zombies seemed to be negatively affected by the cold so Alaska had probably suffered the least out of all of the states. Unless the Virus had adapted to withstand the cold... That would be bad. Hmm.
A small smile graced Josh's lips at Austin's words. "I'm Joshua, he's Randall. Thanks."

Austin nodded. "You're welcome, Josh." He continued to drive for a little bit in silence. There were a few members of the undead on the sides of the road, but he ignored them. They weren't fast enough to catch the car or strong enough to break through to the inside anyways.

Austin pulled onto the highway, and a few minutes later, he regretted it: The whole thing was clogged with cars- Probably all trying to escape.

"Dammit. Okay, well, that's not good. Stay in the car." Austin opened the door and stepped out. He walked over to the first car blocking their path, and started to try and move it. It collided with another vehicle, and both instantly began utilizing their 'Panic' functions.

"Ah! Shoot!" He slammed a palm into the hood of the first car. Alright. As long as no walkers were in the area, he was good.

Nope.

The first couple moved slow. Some guy in a mechanic's outfit and a walker without hair. They shuffled and moaned, but went unnoticed due to the sheer noise of the horns.

They were quickly followed by three more. Then two others. They appeared from within and behind the traffic, as well as from the side of the road. Austin noticed them then: They were in the hundreds. By this point the zombies weren't merely shuffling; They were running.

Austin looked at the boys, wide-eyed, and then made a mad dash for the car. He climbed in quickly and put the Tank into gear.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon!" Austin frantically turned the steering wheel, and barely made a u-turn.

And then the zombies were upon them. Slamming their faces into the windows, licking the car, scratching with their hands.

Another meal to be devoured.

"Guys, this is bad. This is bad this is bad this is bad." Austin repeated. Driving, by now, was not an option. There were walkers crawling on the hood and windshield, which meant Austin could crash before he made it to safety. And that was doubly bad.
"Captain Obvious strikes again," Randall mumbled absently as he and Josh moved away from the windows. If he had been driving like he was supposed to, this probably wouldn't have happened.
"That is a lot of zombies," Josh commented, his eyebrows raised in surprise.
"We already have one C.O., Josh, thanks for the offer. You still got your machete?"
"Wh- oh, yeah, here." He pulled the blade from under his seat and unsheathed it, looking out the windows for a moment before climbing over the center console to the shotgun seat. "Lower the window here a little bit- just a little bit- and I can start stabbing them. It'll take a while but eventually they'll get thinned out so that you can actually see. Then you can gun it, the Tank gets really happy when she can go above eighty."
Randall nodded, frowning as a zombie chewed on the glass. "A grenade would be helpful right about now. And maybe something to shut the cars up, they're not exactly helping our cause."

Austin sighed, and forced himself to calm down.

"No. No machetes. I think I got this." His helmet appeared in its place again and he- surprisingly- Opened the car door. Before any of the walkers could get at the inside, he shut the door and started fighting them off.

"When you can see, drive!" He yelled. "I'll catch up!"
"He's insane," Randall blurted, taken off guard by Austin's seemingly suicidal actions. "He's insane."
"I agree. Now get up here," Josh said, sheathing his machete again and doing his best to watch Austin's progress through the window, although it was difficult because of all the rotting bodies in the way.
Randall climbed back into his coveted position, waiting for when he could see properly again. A thought crossed his mind- Austin had said something about the armor failing in the northwest- but he decided not to voice his thought out loud. He didn't want to jinx it for Austin, because if his armor failed now he wouldn't last a minute with all the zombies out there.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SvZ Take 2 [1x1 LuciferBrimstone]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus