Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Teachers AU: Let's be Coworkers! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Have you ever seen The Office? Parks and Recreation? What about Superstore? How about 30 Rock? Arguably, Brooklyn 99, or Scrubs? Well, when I was posting RP starters on my Tumblr, I had the idea for a role play that takes place within a school (Or within a university), but instead of focusing on the students, it focuses on the teachers. Have you ever been in middle school and wondered what goes on in the Teacher's Lounge? Have you ever been in college and looked at your professors and thought, "Wow I love that everyone in the Psych/Sociology offices really get along?" Or have you ever watched Glee and wondered if the teachers in your high school actually had a rivalry? I want to do a roleplay that explores those things!

I'm a sucker for shows about coworkers, and I just realized I've never done a roleplay about it! I don't have a particular starter in mind, but my idea of how it would work is your character (any gender is acceptable, I want this to be more platonic than anything. We're not Jim and Pam, we're Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy anyway. Also, I am LGBTQ+ friendly anyway) is only just starting their job, but my character* has been working there for a few years. It strikes me as an easy way to get them speaking to each other.

It is up to you if you want the school to be a Middle School (Grades 6 to 8, or ages 11 to 13), a High School (Grades 9 to 12, or ages 14 to 18), or University. I really don't mind which location you prefer. My character* was originally written to be a College Professor, but I realized for the context of this story, it doesn't really matter to me.

Here's some boring upfront information:
1.) You can play one character, you can play five characters. I do not mind!
2.) Like I said earlier, I want this to be platonic. If you're really jonesing for some romance, I request you be up front with that, and understand it is not my focus. If you make a good case, I may be willing to attempt it, so long as it is FXF, and so long as I still get to frequently use another character.
3.) Any length of reply is fine, even the occasional one liner (unless it's "Yeah" she said, or something with that same energy)
4.) If you're going to ghost me, don't reply months later with "Hey, sorry, it isn't working out." Just commit to the ghost, you don't need to feel guilty about it. Life happens, people don't click. That said, if you do ghost me, and reply months later with another reply to the RP, I will absolutely pick it back up.

If you're interested in persuing this for me, leave a comment or shoot me a PM! I work 12 hours a week (MWF) so I may not reply immediately, but I will reply as soon as I can! I'm excited!
*I fully expect to play more than one character, and many NPCs, but there is one character who I will be following most closely.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 10%
Small possibility of combat, usually brief and not detailed.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Teachers AU: Let's be Coworkers! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus