Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Group viewing for 18+ restrictions

Mipps

I had a question regarding group viewing when restrictions are placed for age.

If a group has a 18+ restriction, i know that only 18+ can join... but can they see the group at all?

For instance, I know you can set forums to be member viewable only, but if they are open to view by everyone can minors still see what goes on inside them?
So, when it comes to groups in general, so long as a minor clicks "Yes, I'm OK with seeing this" they can see the group, regardless of age restriction to join. However, what you can do is make sure that non-members can't see your forums, and that's honestly the best defense.

Mind you, things may have changed with 2.0, but I had this exact same concern a year+ ago with Tam, and I was told that so long as a minor says they're OK with seeing it, they can.
Kim Site Admin

The desire to only RP or chat with other people in your age group does not necessarily mean that you will be dealing in adult content. Thus, who can join, what flags you set, whether the forums or pages are members only, and whether the group is top secret so that only members can see any piece of it are separate controls.
Mipps Topic Starter

Demilicious wrote:
So, when it comes to groups in general, so long as a minor clicks "Yes, I'm OK with seeing this" they can see the group, regardless of age restriction to join. However, what you can do is make sure that non-members can't see your forums, and that's honestly the best defense.

Mind you, things may have changed with 2.0, but I had this exact same concern a year+ ago with Tam, and I was told that so long as a minor says they're OK with seeing it, they can.

Ahh this answers my question, thank you.

Kim wrote:

The desire to only RP or chat with other people in your age group does not necessarily mean that you will be dealing in adult content. Thus, who can join, what flags you set, whether the forums or pages are members only, and whether the group is top secret so that only members can see any piece of it are separate controls.

Thank you for the clarification.

You are on: Forums » Help » Group viewing for 18+ restrictions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus