Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed)Come back tomorrow for a new thread

Jacob Sanchez (played by Redrose)

It was just that time of year where everything seemed to come together to paint a picture of absolute beauty. Flowers were in bloom, the weather promised blue skies and sunshine, and families were outside on porch swings, picnics, and playtime. The grass was green, the water was blue, and school was out.

Today was the first day of the Georgetown County Fair. Rides, games, and vendors were set out on the expansive fairgrounds. The smell of funnel cake, and other fried delicacies wafted through the warm summer breeze. Screaming children, scolding parents, and the voices of vendors selling their wares and services could be heard.

Jacob wasn’t even sure what he was doing there. The fair was the hubbub of the town, and it was beggening to feel a bit too Crowded. It wasn’t often that Jacob was seen at social events, but once in a while he liked to throw people for a loop. Waving at a blonde haired beauty who kept giving him the eye, he mentally scolded himself. Jacob wasn’t There to get a girl... But then... What was he there for? It wasn’t like he wanted to go on the rides, or play the rigged games, or spend his hard earned cash on mindless trinkets.

But Jacob didn’t want to leave. Not yet, at least. There was just something about the fair that pulled him in, even though it was his opposite hanging place. Sighing lowly, he walked up to an ice cream vendor. At 6-8 dollars a piece, he wasn’t really thrilled to be getting it. It would certainly be subpar to the ice cream shop in town, But it was convenient and it was better than standing around with his hands in his pockets. Paying for a strawberry ice cream cone, he sat down on a nearby bench and watched the crowds.

Hopefully, he wouldn’t have to socialize... Hopefully.
Lily Spades (played anonymously)

(Could I use this character? She's a work in progress but this seems fun)
Jacob Sanchez (played by Redrose) Topic Starter

Lily Spades wrote:
(Could I use this character? She's a work in progress but this seems fun)

(Yes, anyone is welcome!)

(Do we just rp here or is there a separate group?)

Lily Spades wrote:
(Do we just rp here or is there a separate group?)

(Yes it’s in this thread... It’s a group event)

Lily skipped into the carnival grounds, looking around at all the cool rides and games. She saw a cool game where you toss the rings onto milk bottles and such and decided to go play it, losing of course, but she didn't let it crush her spirit. She went over to a stand and get a corn dog before looking for an empty seat. She saw a guy sitting alone on a bench and sat next to him. "Hi, I'm Lily!" She said with a mouthful of food as she put her hand out for a hand shake.

Frowning as a blue haired girl came up and made herself comfortable on his bench, he scoffed.

“Jacob...” ignoring her handshake, he went back to eating his ice cream. He wasn’t there to make new friends and Lolly gag around. But apparently other people assumed that just because he Jacob sat alone, meant that he wanted and needed attention. He wasn’t like some of the other kids his age, ego obsessed boys that only thought about one thing, and one thing only.

“Look... Don’t you have friends to meet up with or something?” He asked raising an eyebrow and biting his lip. Even though Jacob didn’t really like meeting new people, the boy didn’t want Be rude to people he just met. There was a time and a place for everything, and a fair was not a good place to make an enemy. With all his gang stuff, he had enough drama and rivals anyway.

Finishing off his ice cream, he sighed. “Look, it’s not you... I just am here to watch people, or something...”

Lily shrugged and finished her corndog, un bothered that he didn't shake her hand. "I don't know anyone here. I'm from out of town. Just here to visit. Maybe I can people watch with you?" She said as she put her back against the back of the bench.
Alana Dietz (played by KnoxyRoxy24)

Alana walked in through the "grand front gates", if you could even call it that. She thought the idea of a carnival was fun and gave her something to do in the otherwise rinky dink town. She walked around, went on a few rides, ate some funnel cake. She didn't get the whole ordeal of it all though, sure it's fun for a little while, but how much fun can you have spending all of your own money?

Alana scanned the sea of faces, just looking for someone familiar to talk to. She figured a familiar face may make the experience more enjoyable as most people there that seemed to be having a good time were coupled with someone else or in a group of some sort. Eventually, Alana' s eyes landed on Jacob talking to... someone she had never seen before.

Alana decided to go say so she walked over and flicked Jacob on the forehead. "What's up, loser?" She greeted him the same as usual, regardless of the other girl sitting near him. "Who's this?" She asked, gesturing to her. She was definitely not someone she had ever seen before. You don't exactly forget blue hair, hence dying her hair blue.

Lily got uncomfortable when she saw the other girl walk over. "I'm Lily but I was just leaving," she said before getting up and going to do something else.

Jacob shrugged and half nodded. “Yeah I guess you can watch. It’s a free country, or so they say.” Finishing off his ice cream, he snorted and crossed his arms. Everyone seemed to be so happy.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! It was sort of disturbing to see it. Jacob couldn’t see why everyone felt so hunky dory. It was just the annual fair. And it wasn’t like it was that exciting. The crowds and lines were insufferable and the food and games were severely overpriced. Children begged and cried for cash and snacks, and teenagers ran around making out or got up to other mischievous things.

“Why’d you come here anyway, it’s just a fair?” The boy asked softly, his eyes trained on a mother clinging to two children that were desperate trying to hop on the Merry-Go-Round. He was so focused on the family, that he didn’t even notice Alana creeping up. Jumping about two feet, he sat down with a glare.

“Ever heard of saying Hello?” Scoffing at her, her shook his head. “Lily... This is “ he paused with an evil glint in his eye. “What’s your name again? It seemed to have slipped.” The two had been friends since High School, but they weren’t exactly nice to each other. It was just how they functioned.

“Now scram... I’m talking to my super good friend Lily.” He purred sarcastically.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (Closed)Come back tomorrow for a new thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus