Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » PhotoBucket (maybe) isnt the best for images

EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
EdtheNeko wrote:
illantis wrote:
I use Postimage.org . Images are never removed due to inactivity.
What about false reports? Also is there no privacy to that site for images uploaded? Never heard of that site and thats what worries me, never know when sites can go down for good...

In 13 years of using every popular image upload site I've not once run into the issue where somebody falsely reported my images just to get them taken down. I've also never heard of this happening to someone before for uploading images that don't violate the TOS, and I was incredibly active in multiple art communities that used these places almost excessively. -snip-

Sanne, any image on that site can be taken down within 30 seconds of hitting report, and bam its removed. Upload a test image if you dont believe me, they dont even check images, its all automated.
Sanne Moderator

EdtheNeko wrote:
Sanne, any image on that site can be taken down within 30 seconds of hitting report, and bam its removed. Upload a test image if you dont believe me, they dont even check images, its all automated.

I reported this random image about 5 minutes ago:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=efqe79&s=4&hid=5&tag=beach#.UjN9o8ZkN8F

It's still up, so I don't believe it's right to claim Tinypic automatically removes anything without moderating it first. Please don't scare people into thinking a site does something as harsh as that when that's absolutely not true.
Dream

I've been a Photobucket user for years and not once have I encountered a privacy issue. If any content is placed in a private album it cannot be viewed publicly--even if someone were to type the title of the image in the search bar, it will not appear in Photobucket's search engine. I'm pretty sure Imgur's the exact same. x:

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » PhotoBucket (maybe) isnt the best for images

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus