Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Player 1 meets Cannon Ball Run type game (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Please read this in its entirety before replying.

I am posting an alternate version of this ad on this section for game rating purposes. There is an adult-only version ad on that section because I was open to an NC-17 version, although I actually prefer to leave "adult elements" out of the game. That being said, there might be adults that only search the "all-ages" section because they object to NC-17 type situations and elements. Please note, that I am only looking for adults to join the game for maturity and experience reasons (nothing personal).

My idea: Two friends (ideally a guy and a girl) embark on a treasure hunt game that takes place in the real modern world set in the United States. The contest uses an app that leads them through the challenges and is best described as Ready Player 1 (the book NOT the movie- they are very different) meets Cannon Ball Run. We might also include elements of the Michael Douglas movie “The Game”. This is a modern game that does not include sci-fi or fantasy elements (the action takes place in the real-world and not the internet or a virtual world like Ready Player 1).

It’s a race/scavenger hunt with lots of clues and puzzles involving Geocaching and finding clues and items. The contestants/participants might do something like following clues to get to an Escape Room where they are handcuffed and locked in and have to solve puzzles to get the code to the door. They must get out before time expires or they won't get the next clue to continue. Another challenge might be to cross a swinging rope bridge hundreds of feet above a canyon (a real challenge if your character has a fear of heights). There are all kinds of reality shows with crazy challenges we can use for inspiration.

Could other players cheat or sabotage? Sure. Is that legal? Perhaps. It depends on what we mutually decide. The specific details and boundaries will be worked out between us. I’m open to making adjustments to the above framework. We will decide then who is putting this event on. Is it a rich uncle or grandfather and the winning family member inherits the fortune? An eccentric billionaire? A big corporation? Are there camera crews following our players? Maybe it is being streamed on YouTube 24/7. Could it even be a Hunger Games scenario? I’m willing to negotiate most of the details. The only thing set in stone is the real-life age limit.

Format: Freeform, with adjustable length paragraphs. We won’t use a published rules system but will use dice occasionally to randomize things. Our characters won’t use stats like D&D and other RPGs, but will include a detailed background, description of the character’s personality, hobbies, skills, strengths, and weaknesses. You need to be able to work in quirks, phobias, or other negative traits into your roleplaying. Faults are what make characters and stories interesting! I write my RPs like a novel using a third-person, past-tense style.

I strongly prefer this being a 1:1 game, but if I find two or three people that I feel are an awesome fit, I would consider a small group. My experience, however, is the more players you have the slower the game goes and it increases the chances of their being problems.

You:
You have stability in your life and a good record of sticking with games and not taking lengthy or regular hiatuses (I get sometimes real life comes up, but you are available most of the time).
You can reply 1-3 times a week and are reliable and won’t ghost. If you’re going on vacation or have to take a break, you’ll let me know you’ll be offline and unavailable, unless it is an emergency and you absolutely can’t.
You are a mature adult. Nothing personal, but absolutely no kids. No exceptions. Older writers are strongly preferred.
You have strong writing skills and are a seasoned roleplayer. This is more important than your age (again, sorry but you must be a legal adult).
I’m looking for someone who is knowledgable, has a strong vocabulary, creative, and brings awesome ideas to the roleplay, and you are someone that reads novels and doesn’t just watch TV or movies.
You can make a very detailed 3-D character balanced with faults and strengths. You aren’t a generic Mary Sue and you won’t play a character that you can’t portray correctly and your bio accurately reflects how the character is going to be portrayed in the game.
You are willing to collaborate and discuss ideas but flexible and willing to make changes to plans as the game unfolds

Me:
I’ve been doing Play by post gaming on and off since about 2002.
My current game on the RPR is still going strong and we are just coming up on our second anniversary

I have run games online that have gone on for 7+ years
I am stable, dependable, honest, and upfront.
I put a great deal of time and effort into my games including the plot, setting, and characters
I am very detail-oriented in my posts. I research things using Wiki, Google, YouTube, etc so that I can portray the setting and my characters as realistically as possible.

I am all about plot and enjoy action and drama. I’m not big on romance plots. Not totally opposed to this, but I want to keep these elements light if it is really important to you.

If you are interested, please read my profile in full and let me know if you have any concerns or questions about anything. https://www.rprepository.com/index.php/p/AgentMilkshake

Please have writing samples available, ideas for what kind of character you’d like to portray, and your plot ideas. I can offer writing samples in return. Please PM me if you want to talk further.

Finally, meet Danny Logan. He’s the character I’m planning to use. He might be tweaked a bit to fit the game once we establish the details, but this is more or less the character I’m planning to play:

https://www.rprepository.com/c/DannyLogan

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Player 1 meets Cannon Ball Run type game (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus