Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dead Man Walkin' - Weird West Group Game (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

This RP will take place in the Wild West Compendium group.

Quote:
1.jpg

This wild west adventure comes from a mini-module for Deadlands Reloaded. No knowledge of the game required as conflict will be handled with a freeform approach rather than die rolling. It is a 'weird west' setting, so there will be at least one supernatural element to the story.

A week ago, an outlaw was hung for killin' a man. Now, each night since has seen a horrible murder and the good citizens of the small farming town in Nebraska are terrified. Is it the killer's friends exacting a slow revenge? Or something more sinister?

Players may choose to be a citizen of the town, a traveler that comes upon the town for reasons of their own, or perhaps even a friend of the recently hung criminal. Other ideas welcome!

Looking for at least 2 players (plus myself), up to 5 players max.

Dead Man Walkin' OOC

Feel free to express interest either here or in the thread in the group. I'll be checking both!
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene. Will be played with a small group of players.

Juls Topic Starter

2 slots claimed. Would really love to get 1 or 2 more folks to join us before we get rolling! :)
Juls Topic Starter

giphy.gif

One more check. Anyone else out there interested?
Aron snow (played anonymously)

I would like to join with Lavender
Juls Topic Starter

I could envision Lavender fitting into the game. :) Would you be okay playing a 19th century version of her? (The wild west era). Seems like her backstory could still work as written and if you'd be cool with it, her ranch could be located just at the edge of this Nebraska town.

Juls wrote:
I could envision Lavender fitting into the game. :) Would you be okay playing a 19th century version of her? (The wild west era). Seems like her backstory could still work as written and if you'd be cool with it, her ranch could be located just at the edge of this Nebraska town.

sure Though i;ve checked everything I have no clue what is what
Juls Topic Starter

pinky and lavender wrote:

No worries! The RP hasn't begun yet, so there's not much to find. Right now, there's just the OOC thread: https://www.rprepository.com/index.php/g/western/topic/85748

Juls wrote:
pinky and lavender wrote:

No worries! The RP hasn't begun yet, so there's not much to find. Right now, there's just the OOC thread: https://www.rprepository.com/index.php/g/western/topic/85748

ok
The GM (played by Juls) Topic Starter

The IC is up! Since non-members can't see the forums, here's the starter .... juuuuuust in case anyone is still lurking/curious.
Quote:

Fairchild, Nebraska
(fictional town)
August, 1871
Population: 156 155 154

Divider1.png

The small town of Fairchild is a farming settlement mostly surrounded by cornfields. One week ago, trouble arrived to disrupt this peaceful community. A fellow that simply went by J.R. showed up. This town doesn't get a lot of travelers, so it ain't hard to remember that a red-haired woman that goes by Mary showed up the same day.

Almost immediately, JR made a nuisance himself. He didn't pay his bill at the small saloon and threatened the saloonkeeper, Henry McTavish, with his shooting iron when he dared suggest he would stop serving him. He'd ride into town, help himself to whiskey, goods, or even women like they were his own. Rumor had it that he was seen coming and going from Miss Lavender's ranch.

Yesterday, he finally pushed it too far. Albert Walker was none too pleased that JR had cornered and harassed his wife, Cindy, when she'd gone to the little general store for supplies. Thinking to have it out with the scoundrel, Albert marched himself into the saloon and toward JR's table. He hadn't even thrown a punch when JR pulled out his bowie knife and stuck Albert right through the gut. Poor Albert bled out right there in the saloon.

Shame it took that to make Marshal Pickens finally do something. To be fair, Byron Pickens never really wanted the job of Marshal. He's just a farmer who acts as Marshal when he has to. Well, he finally arrested JR and a speedy trial found him guilty quick enough. They took him out about a half mile out of town and strung his sorry behind from a big old oak tree 'long side the main road. Hung a sign that said 'MURDERER' around his neck and left him dangling there as a warning to others.

Folks thought that was the end of it.

Except it wasn't. Early this morning, Noah Wescott, a farmer that lived just out of town was found next to the outhouse with his throat sliced wide open. He leaves behind a wife, two young sons, and an aging mother. Shock ripples through the denizens at two murders in such a short period of time.

Re-opening as I think we could accommodate 1-2 more players. We're still very early in the RP!
Connor Kenway (played anonymously)

*sharpens tomahawk* +_+

Connor Kenway wrote:
*sharpens tomahawk* +_+

giphy.gif
3speak

very interested!!!!

3speak wrote:
very interested!!!!

Feel free to join the group as your character and we can brainstorm in the OOC how to work you into the story. :)
Mariah Hart (played by Dndmama)

Connor Kenway wrote:
*sharpens tomahawk* +_+

*loads shot gun* Injun...

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dead Man Walkin' - Weird West Group Game (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus