Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Fun Stuff-Open to All

RedPandaFox

Heyo people!

So, I just wanted to chat about a few things and what a better place to do it, but on a forum with the chance of no one ever seeing this! So, a few things.

I have a best friend who is romantically interested in females and males. Her parents are extremely conservative, all 'It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve'. She is out, at her school and everyone seems perfectly fine with it. They all seem to know better than to tell her parents. She's dated a few girls before, but when she turns 18, she's planning to move down to my state. Her parents are super toxic. I just really wanted to tell someone about this.

Roleplays! I've done roleplays of all types. Romance, Fantasy, Post- Apocalyptic. Except, I haven't really done any sci-fi roleplays. I feel like I don't really know a lot about the roles and I wouldn't be able to fill in a spot. Would anyone tell me what being in a sci-fi roleplay actually entails? How much technical knowledge is required?

I roleplay, and I don't love doing PG-13+ roleplays. Not so much in the violence or the cursing but in the romance department. I find it hard telling new people I roleplay with that I don't really do that in roleplays anymore. Any tips?

I've had a few people ghost me before. I'm not sure if it's because they forgot about the roleplay, it got buried in their notifications, or if they simply didn't like the roleplay. I don't like to ask them about this, but is there a most common reason that people would ghost someone?

Again, you don't have to reply to any of these! Just wanted to get some things off of my chest and thought it would be good to do it in the smalltalk forum~
nightmqre

I'm only gonna respond to this one:
Quote:
I've had a few people ghost me before. I'm not sure if it's because they forgot about the roleplay, it got buried in their notifications, or if they simply didn't like the roleplay. I don't like to ask them about this, but is there a most common reason that people would ghost someone?

There's not really a specific answer, it differs for everyone. For me, if I ghost, it's because my social anxiety has decided it wants to piss about with me. Or it's just gotten lost in my inbox somewhere and I completely forget it exists for a month. There's not really a way to tell. I just shoot people a follow up message maybe about after a week or two, and if i get no response, i delete the conversation and consider it a failed RP. :shrug:

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Fun Stuff-Open to All

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus